928364@

Interviews in djoubti 2017

581 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Shamwow said:

just got case complete April 25th. anyone know how long it takes for djibouti to schedule interviews?

It took my sister 5 months to get an appointment but that was through the whole travel ban issue

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Somalia
Timeline
1 hour ago, ruby12345 said:

I have, we were gonna get her for my sister but it's so hard to get a hold of her and schedule an appointment with her. We finally scheduled an appointment with her 2 months out, and we had already fixed the issue so we cancelled the appointment with her. 

Who is she and what does she get done? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

she's a lawyer that supposedly speeds up your case but sometimes that isn't true. I hear she has ties with the embassy

she's a lawyer that supposedly speeds up your case but sometimes that isn't true. I hear she has ties with the embassy

How legitimate is she? I heard she takes a lot of money. Have people actually benefited from her? 

4 hours ago, aabdulsa said:

How legitimate is she? I heard she takes a lot of money. Have people actually benefited from her? 

She takes a lot of money, just for a consultation it was around $300 but she gets things done 

Today, I heard news that Djibouti cancelled interviews from April 7 to April 26 due to a glitch in the system and they will cancel interviews if the medical exam isn't faxed over to the embassy before the interview. I feel like Djibouti is making things harder

Just now, ruby12345 said:

Today, I heard news that Djibouti cancelled interviews from April 7 to April 26 due to a glitch in the system and they will cancel interviews if the medical exam isn't faxed over to the embassy before the interview. I feel like Djibouti is making things harder

I mean April 17th not 7th

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ruby12345 said:

Are you kidding me, thats crazy, now they are going to be even more backed up

Timeline
On 4/26/2017 at 10:44 PM, ruby12345 said:

I mean April 17th not 7th

That's not true. My sister had an appointment on April 18th and she attended her interview and there was a lot of others that did too. And I know people that went to their interviews after that too. But the part about if the exam isn't sent to the embassy before the interview is true. 

12 hours ago, S82015 said:

That's not true. My sister had an appointment on April 18th and she attended her interview and there was a lot of others that did too. And I know people that went to their interviews after that too. But the part about if the exam isn't sent to the embassy before the interview is true. 

Oh really that's good, they cancelled my cousins appointment and some others during that time I think embassy probably didn't get some of the exams of those applicants

Timeline
25 minutes ago, ruby12345 said:

Oh really that's good, they cancelled my cousins appointment and some others during that time I think embassy probably didn't get some of the exams of those applicants

Yea those are the only appointments they cancelled. Anyone that hadn't done their exam prior to the interview day

Timeline

My uncle arrived from Djibouti on a cr1 visa on feb 7. Is it possible for him to bring his kids in on a cr2 visa from the same embassy or do they have to process from the beginning? One of his kids is 21 and the other 17 both unmarried. 

p.s. the reason he didn't file for them during his interview was because of the travel ban issue. Now he can't seem to get in contact with the Djibouti embassy

Timeline

My uncle arrived from Djibouti on a cr1 visa on feb 7. Is it possible for him to bring his kids in on a cr2 visa from the same embassy or do they have to process from the beginning? One of his kids is 21 and the other 17 both unmarried. 

p.s. the reason he didn't file for them during his interview was because of the travel ban issue. Now he can't seem to get in contact with the Djibouti embassy

He would most likely have to do the process over from the beginning. In the beginning of the war they were granting visas to whole families by expediting their paperwork  and they were very lenient and understanding, but it is unlikely they would grant them visas now. Just an opinion though, asking a lawyer that has dealt with the Djiboutian embassy would be wise.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.