928364@

Interviews in djoubti 2017

581 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Shamwow said:

anyone know how the birth abroad works? my wife's interview date is Aug 22 and we're taking our daughter. she will be 4 months then. 

Im not sure if your wifes interview is in Djibouti but heres a link of info about birth abroad https://dj.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/birth/

Timeline
8 hours ago, S82015 said:

Thats not true. It would contradict what the NVC has on its website. Immediate relatives are not affected by the ban. I really hope your sisters husband gets his visa this week! 2 months of AP is a very long time! What is new with your case?!

I agree. I don't think this is true at all and this congresswoman has no idea what she's talking about. Either that or we are all being lied too by the Supreme Court.

Contact your senator or another congressman.

Timeline
9 hours ago, daml20 said:

My husband was issued his visa today since May 2. The date started changing around the week of the approval. May you all succeed. ان شاء الله 

Can you please clarify what you mean by "the date started changing around the week of approval?"

Filed: Timeline
17 minutes ago, H93 said:

Can you please clarify what you mean by "the date started changing around the week of approval?"

Oh, I figured since the beginning of the petition that when they update the case that they will give us news. We thought we would be approved after 45 days and then 60 days. Since May 2, the case last updated date changed to May 3 and never changed until around June 30. I thought maybe they will issue the visa if the date is updated continuously, and it turned out to be true. During the holidays Eid and 4th of July, the case wasn't updated and the date didn't change because the embassy wasn't open. 

Edited by daml20

Timeline
3 hours ago, ruby12345 said:

Yea my brother in law just told me they granted a lot of  visa today. So that congressman assistant definitely doesn't know what she was saying. I'm gonna contact the senator and get help from them. 

It'll work out don't worry. They will call him any day to come pick up his visa inshaAllah.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Somalia
Timeline
On 7/6/2017 at 5:42 PM, daml20 said:

Oh, I figured since the beginning of the petition that when they update the case that they will give us news. We thought we would be approved after 45 days and then 60 days. Since May 2, the case last updated date changed to May 3 and never changed until around June 30. I thought maybe they will issue the visa if the date is updated continuously, and it turned out to be true. During the holidays Eid and 4th of July, the case wasn't updated and the date didn't change because the embassy wasn't open. 

was your case expedited and how long did it take for them to schedule your interview and give you the visa?

Filed: Timeline
14 minutes ago, 0725 said:

was your case expedited and how long did it take for them to schedule your interview and give you the visa?

My case wasn't expedited, and I didn't ask for it. We just waited. The travel.state.gov website said 45 days for administrative processing. I heard some did get theirs after 45 days. It's very crowded. Maybe that's why.

The Djibouti embassy website says it takes 60 days of administrative processing. It took since mid November to get an interview in May mainly because the Muslim ban paused interview appointments. It took about 65 days from the interview date to get the visa. 

Timeline

Hello everyone, my husband had his interview this morning and alhamdulillah he was approved. However, they didn't take his passport and they let him keep it. They said to check on the CEAC site for when visa is issued and that it'll take a bit of time. 

I thought they take the passport so they can put the visa on it? Is that normal for them not take the passport? 

Timeline
7 hours ago, 0725 said:

Hello everyone, my husband had his interview this morning and alhamdulillah he was approved. However, they didn't take his passport and they let him keep it. They said to check on the CEAC site for when visa is issued and that it'll take a bit of time. 

I thought they take the passport so they can put the visa on it? Is that normal for them not take the passport? 

If they gave him approval notice they should take his passport ,

that is what is going on US embassy in Djibouti 

Timeline

Today , the U.S. Embassy in Djibouti gave About 90 visas for ppl who interviewd in May And earlier June ,

most of these visas were given for guys ( spouses and sons of US citezin) 

Timeline
14 hours ago, 0725 said:

The only way they issue the visa is in the passport. That tells me that they aren't gonna issue him his visa any time soon but honestly it's just a waiting game now and you're almost at the finish line. They will call you guys back to take his passport and they will stamp it. Insha'Allah it's not too long. Hang in there sis, you are literally at the last step.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Sal12345 said:

Today , the U.S. Embassy in Djibouti gave About 90 visas for ppl who interviewd in May And earlier June ,

most of these visas were given for guys ( spouses and sons of US citezin) 

How do you know when those people interviewed? Waiting one month from interview to visa isn't bad at all. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, H93 said:

The only way they issue the visa is in the passport. That tells me that they aren't gonna issue him his visa any time soon but honestly it's just a waiting game now and you're almost at the finish line. They will call you guys back to take his passport and they will stamp it. Insha'Allah it's not too long. Hang in there sis, you are literally at the last step.

Yes, I thought so too but my husband spoke with the other people who were going through the interview with him and the security guards too and they told him that for people with Somalia passport's, they don't put the visa on the passport, they put it on a document of some sort, so they'll be calling him to pick up the package with the documents plus the visa (which I assume will be a seperate document)

It makes sense because even though I went through the same process when I was younger, my mom said the same thing. They let her keep her passport and they gave her a seperate visa and package to take. (Back in 2002) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.