928364@

Interviews in djoubti 2017

581 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline
32 minutes ago, 0725 said:

Did you call the embassy or the NVC? Also, have they notified the people who they scheduled interviews for July? Our case was updated 3 times this week on CEAC but we haven't received anything 

If your case was updated to in transit and then ready then yes you did get an appointment. You should call the nvc ASAP to find out when the appointment is. It must be for July!

Timeline

1 hour ago, S82015 said:

They did notify them. My sister got an appointment for July 31st. she was notified last week of may or the first week of June. 

congrats. can't believe they gave her a 2 month heads up though. I thought they give u 1 month in advance

Timeline
34 minutes ago, S82015 said:

Mid march

So I actually have been doing a few cases for multiple people around this time and assisting a friend with her spouse case. The pattern that I see is the date you receive that email that your case is complete, you have to wait roughly 6 weeks before you receive an email  about the interview date and time (which is usually 6-8 weeks from the interview letter date). If it has been over 2 months since your case has been complete, there is something wrong and you need to contact NVC. If you know anyone who needs help with their case and they are considering a lawyer to get their papers in order, let me know I will do it for free so I can get Ajer from their duaa lol. I have done about 10 cases to date, start to finish. InshAllah everyone's loved ones come in as soon as possible.

Timeline
1 hour ago, YemenzQt said:

So I actually have been doing a few cases for multiple people around this time and assisting a friend with her spouse case. The pattern that I see is the date you receive that email that your case is complete, you have to wait roughly 6 weeks before you receive an email  about the interview date and time (which is usually 6-8 weeks from the interview letter date). If it has been over 2 months since your case has been complete, there is something wrong and you need to contact NVC. If you know anyone who needs help with their case and they are considering a lawyer to get their papers in order, let me know I will do it for free so I can get Ajer from their duaa lol. I have done about 10 cases to date, start to finish. InshAllah everyone's loved ones come in as soon as possible.

My sister stayed 2 months and 2 weeks until she got the interview letter. Her interview was scheduled for 2 months later. So that's 4 months and 2 weeks. Now not everyone gets an interview 2 months in advance. Usually it's 4-6 weeks before. Since my case was compeleted April 25, I should either hear something this coming week for an appointment for august, or get an appointment on august for September. If neither of that happens then something is definitely wrong with my case, as of now I think that nothing is wrong with my case specially that we did everything together and the same, (same person filled out our papers from the beginning). Thank you so much for your concern, your definitely doing those people a great help. It gets very stressful and frustrating for anyone trying to bring a loved one in! May Allah give you all the ajer for this. I'd definitely come to you for help when I need it! Thank you! :-)

Timeline
3 hours ago, YemenzQt said:

6 weeks to finally see an end in sight isn't so bad. I was hearing ppl were waiting months and months to finally get an interview date. Thanks for this information.

Timeline
19 hours ago, S82015 said:

My sister stayed 2 months and 2 weeks until she got the interview letter. Her interview was scheduled for 2 months later. So that's 4 months and 2 weeks. Now not everyone gets an interview 2 months in advance. Usually it's 4-6 weeks before. Since my case was compeleted April 25, I should either hear something this coming week for an appointment for august, or get an appointment on august for September. If neither of that happens then something is definitely wrong with my case, as of now I think that nothing is wrong with my case specially that we did everything together and the same, (same person filled out our papers from the beginning). Thank you so much for your concern, your definitely doing those people a great help. It gets very stressful and frustrating for anyone trying to bring a loved one in! May Allah give you all the ajer for this. I'd definitely come to you for help when I need it! Thank you! :-)

Me and u are in the same boat. We both got cc April 25. Hopefully both of us get interviews for august. I'll let u know from my side if anything

8 hours ago, 0725 said:

Belated Eid Mubarak everyone. 

So it looks like the travel ban ban has been reinstated. Any idea what that means for us?!

I read its granted for those who have "bonafide relationship to a relative" 

Timeline
2 hours ago, ruby12345 said:

I read its granted for those who have "bonafide relationship to a relative" 

I understood that aswell. That a foreign national with a US relative can obtain a visa and travel as normal.

But that begs the question, who does this "modified version" affect? It's not like just anyone was able to travel to US before? IDK, in my opinion I see the vetting process becoming more intense and lasting longer. 

Timeline
19 hours ago, H93 said:

I understood that aswell. That a foreign national with a US relative can obtain a visa and travel as normal.

But that begs the question, who does this "modified version" affect? It's not like just anyone was able to travel to US before? IDK, in my opinion I see the vetting process becoming more intense and lasting longer. 

"An American individual or entity that has a bona fide relationship with a particular person seeking to enter the country as a refugee can legitimately claim concrete hardship if that person is excluded,” the court wrote. “As to these individuals and entities, we do not disturb the injunction. But when it comes to refugees who lack any such connection to the United States, for the reasons we have set out, the balance tips in favor of the Government’s compelling need to provide for the Nation’s security.”

Basically it should not affect anyone who lives in the USA whose bringing in a relative I guess. It might affect those trying to seek visas otherwise like lottery visa, student visa, and so forth. No one really knows but I just hope our families come in soon! 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, YemenzQt said:

"An American individual or entity that has a bona fide relationship with a particular person seeking to enter the country as a refugee can legitimately claim concrete hardship if that person is excluded,” the court wrote. “As to these individuals and entities, we do not disturb the injunction. But when it comes to refugees who lack any such connection to the United States, for the reasons we have set out, the balance tips in favor of the Government’s compelling need to provide for the Nation’s security.”

Basically it should not affect anyone who lives in the USA whose bringing in a relative I guess. It might affect those trying to seek visas otherwise like lottery visa, student visa, and so forth. No one really knows but I just hope our families come in soon! 

Your moms status didn't change yet? Did she inquire about it at the embassy?

Timeline
10 hours ago, YemenzQt said:

But it said anyone with a legitimate tie to the US would be okay too, like school or a job or a relative. The only ones I can think of is visa lottery, like you mentioned, and I guess seeking refugee status maybe? The whole thing is shades of grey and very confusing!

Timeline

OMG OMG OMG!!!! I just called the nvc and they said I have been scheduled for an appointment!!!!!!!! It was scheduled yesterday. My cc was April 25! Anyone with this date or before. Go call!!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.