3,010 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

You can only schedule an appointment two weeks in advance. As you said if your GC expiration date is March-31, you should be looking at the dates around March-10 to March-16 to schedule an appointment around March-31. It is hard to get the desired date and time. You need to checkout infopass constantly on those days to get an appointment if you want to schedule an appointment somewhere near March-31 or a bit later. 

Thanks for confirming the 2 week window, that's what I thought too.

But is there anything known about how much time in advance of the expiration date you can schedule the InfoPass? How many days BEFORE the expiration date?

• Want to transfer money from abroad to a US account? Or do you want to transfer money from your US account to your foreign loved one? Use TransferWise for rates MUCH lower than banks! Click HERE to TRANSFER MONEY internationally CHEAP!
  • You have some bad remarks on your credit report, and want to clean it up by the time your loved one comes to the US? Use a reputable Credit Repair company. Fortress Credit Pro has a money back guarantee AND only charges you for entries that are actually removed! Click here to enroll for Credit Repair

(Disclosure: The links to TransferWise and FortressPro are affiliate links, and their use can accumulate in benefits for me. Using the links does offer a discount to you by using them over enrolling through the main website, unless any promotions are run by the company)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
5 hours ago, SimonAndKimberly said:

Thanks for confirming the 2 week window, that's what I thought too.

But is there anything known about how much time in advance of the expiration date you can schedule the InfoPass? How many days BEFORE the expiration date?

You are welcome. Ideally a week for few weeks before the third anniversary of your GC. You can try your luck going one month before your GC expiration but I won't recommend it because some Immigrant officers are helpful and some are not. You could get the I--551 stamp a month or two months before if you have a valid reason to convince the officer or in case of emergency etc. Keep in mind they might keep your expired GC but again it all depends on the officer, Regards.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Random question..

Say for argument sake you have a post box where all your mail's being forwarded to, would your USCIS approval letter go to your post box or will it still come to your residential address?

Timeline
4 hours ago, Pardeepdevgun said:

Random question..

Say for argument sake you have a post box where all your mail's being forwarded to, would your USCIS approval letter go to your post box or will it still come to your residential address?

Which mailing address did you put on your I-751 form application?

Is it me or has the VSC slowed down? I swear that the Feb 17 filers had a ton of approvals in Jan.

Edited by England2Wisco

Sent AOS Documents: 09/17/14

Documents Received: 09/18/14

Welcome letter received: 06/18/15

Sent I-751 Documents: 03/13/2017

Package received: 3/14/17

Check cashed: 03/21/17

NOA received: 03/23/17

NOA dated: 03/16/17

Biometrics: 04/20/17

ROC Approved: 02/09/2018

Sent N-400 Documents: 03/13/2018

Package received: 3/14/18

Check cashed: 03/29/18

NOA received: 03/19/18

NOA dated: 03/19/18

Biometrics: 04/08/19

N-400 Approved: 02/28/19 🤸‍♂️

Oath Ceremony: 03/15/19 :dance:

3 hours ago, England2Wisco said:

Is it me or has the VSC slowed down? I swear that the Feb 17 filers had a ton of approvals in Jan.

Seems like it. I mailed mine around March 20. Noa1 dated March 24.  Waiting..waiting :D

US Passport Application

Routine service
Applied: 12/3/2020

Received: 12/18/2020

Approved & Shipped: 1/11/2021

Passport Delivered:   1/14/2021

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

Hey guyss.. Long time since out first noa. Well I moved to a different state and my case was transfer on 07/21/17 to CSC. Not sure if that means my case now will be delayed. Ohh well, will keep you posted.

Edited by Walki

Timeline

USCIS is pretty inconsistent with its adjudication so it's hard to predict why they skipped some applicants over others. VSC on average takes 11 to 12 months so VSC applicants won't have to wait too long. CSC is dead :huh:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
22 hours ago, Name O Boy said:

Which mailing address did you put on your I-751 form application?

My residential address 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Pardeepdevgun said:

My residential address 

Here is the thing. The I-751 form asks you two address, one mailing, and second physical. Any address you put in the mailing address section of I-751 your mail will be delivered to that address. 

13 hours ago, England2Wisco said:

I would say things seem to have slowed down, I havent seen many approvals for Jan or Feb filers this past week or so, unless they just havent updated their timelines or I have missed it.  BAH!! :(

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

Well, well, well! USPS informed delivery says that I shall be receiving a letter from USCIS today. Is this the dreaded RFE or the welcome letter? Argh! Excitement and terror at the same time. 

1 minute ago, England2Wisco said:

Well, well, well! USPS informed delivery says that I shall be receiving a letter from USCIS today. Is this the dreaded RFE or the welcome letter? Argh! Excitement and terror at the same time. 

This is what it looks like according the the USPS. 

letter.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.