3,010 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Greatlakes said:

Hi Everyone, 

How do or how can we know the I-751 Processing time for Nebraska Service Center?  The USCIS Website only has  CSC, VSC & Field Offices for I-751.  So how do we know if we are still under the processing times?

you wont get roc processing time information for nebraska, at least not for now

So, I had a job interview and I didn't want to leave any confusion to prospective employers (seeing as my social is stamped "Work Authorisation with DHS Approval" and my green card expired in may last year, with my extension expiring at the end of this may this year). I'm in the DMV area in Maryland, and my local office is Baltimore for Infopasses.  Checked online and there were NO appointments every time I checked them. So I went screw it and put in a DC zip code and got an info pass appointment at Fairfax, VA (which is actually closer for me and accessible by the metro for me) for this morning.

Got there, standard security at the entrance, was very little wait time (actually ended up being served way before my appointment), they don't accept any walkups.  Got told off at the desk by a not too friendly guy for not using Baltimore, which I explained, that they are serving literally no one here, and Baltimore doesn't have any infopasses available, and there are no warnings on the website telling us not to use other offices, he let me in.  Got to finally being served and had my fingers crossed, as there was still around 6 weeks till my letter expired, when I know we are supposed to wait until the last 30 days.  Got a really nice guy, explained my situation, that we'd moved out here recently, why we couldn't use Baltimore etc, and the job situation.  He says not a problem, gets my green card, letter and passport and tells me to wait 15 minutes, comes back with my extension stamp in my passport.  Worth noting that at this stage they keep your expired greencard and letter as they are no longer valid. 

Spoke to him a bit more about the message we all got about our cases being transferred to local offices.  He said, no this hasn't happened with my case, even though it says it on the web, my case is still with California Service center (I filed in San Diego), and then I asked re expected wait times. He pulled out a pile of paper with memos from USCIS, and the current wait time for CSC was... 21-46 months.  Now I'm not sure if this is average, mean, median, mode, maximum or whatever, but he said to me to expect to come in next year for another stamp at the rate they are being processed at CSC, and I'd most likely get naturalized before it happens. Note that this is way out of line with what the website is suggesting with wait times, so who knows what is accurate right now... but prepare for the worst, hope for the best.  I'm just happy that I have my stamp, and I can travel without worrying, and won't' have any issues with work in the near future.  

AOS on VWP:

2014-11-14 (Day 00) Filed for AOS, EAD and AP
2014-11-17 (Day 03) Status Expired / AOS, EAD and AP Received
2014-11-19 (Day 05) Rejection Notice as two pages misplaced by DHS in I-130
2014-11-21 (Day 07) Resubmitted Application
2014-11-28 (Day 14) Resubmitted Application for AOS, EAD and AP Received
2014-12-03 (Day 19) NOA for AOS, EAD and AP (I-131 was sent to wrong address)
2014-12-12 (Day 28) NOA confirming biometrics appointment (I never received this, only attorney did - presume lost in mail)
2014-12-20 (Day 36) Request for Initial Evidence for I-485
2014-12-31 (Day 47) Biometrics Appointment
2015-01-04 (Day 53) Replied to Request for Initial Evidence for I-485
2015-01-30 (Day 77) Offered a Job, submitted request to expedite EAD and AP, infopass meeting scheduled Feb 11
2015-02-10 (Day 88) EAD Approved online.
2015-05-29 (Day 196) Green Card Interview - APPROVED!
2015-06-05 (Day 203) Green Card Arrived

Removal of Conditions:

2017-03-07 (Day 00)  I-751 Package Mailed (CSC)
2017-03-09 (Day 02) I-751 Package delivered (CSC)
2017-03-13 (Day 06)  Checks cashed
2017-03-13 (Day 06) NOA Received 
2017-XX-XX (Day XX) Biometrics Letter 

2 hours ago, VeraBradley said:

Yep - you are approved. Congratulations!

Also, please hide your receipt number :) 

i got too excited .. ####### i dont know how to delete 

2 hours ago, gc@gc said:

congrats, you are done with it.

btw, i would strongly suggest you remove your eac # from posts here for your privacy and protection 

yea i totally missed that .. how do i delete?

1 minute ago, adrily said:

i got too excited .. ####### i dont know how to delete 

yea i totally missed that .. how do i delete?

Edit post, remove screenshot. 

AOS on VWP:

2014-11-14 (Day 00) Filed for AOS, EAD and AP
2014-11-17 (Day 03) Status Expired / AOS, EAD and AP Received
2014-11-19 (Day 05) Rejection Notice as two pages misplaced by DHS in I-130
2014-11-21 (Day 07) Resubmitted Application
2014-11-28 (Day 14) Resubmitted Application for AOS, EAD and AP Received
2014-12-03 (Day 19) NOA for AOS, EAD and AP (I-131 was sent to wrong address)
2014-12-12 (Day 28) NOA confirming biometrics appointment (I never received this, only attorney did - presume lost in mail)
2014-12-20 (Day 36) Request for Initial Evidence for I-485
2014-12-31 (Day 47) Biometrics Appointment
2015-01-04 (Day 53) Replied to Request for Initial Evidence for I-485
2015-01-30 (Day 77) Offered a Job, submitted request to expedite EAD and AP, infopass meeting scheduled Feb 11
2015-02-10 (Day 88) EAD Approved online.
2015-05-29 (Day 196) Green Card Interview - APPROVED!
2015-06-05 (Day 203) Green Card Arrived

Removal of Conditions:

2017-03-07 (Day 00)  I-751 Package Mailed (CSC)
2017-03-09 (Day 02) I-751 Package delivered (CSC)
2017-03-13 (Day 06)  Checks cashed
2017-03-13 (Day 06) NOA Received 
2017-XX-XX (Day XX) Biometrics Letter 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Post edited to remove personal information. 2 other posts edited to remove the quote containing personal information. Please don't quote a post if it contains personal info it is easier to make sure all personal information is indeed removed.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 3/31/2018 at 4:48 PM, NeedMoreCoffee said:

Please update your timeline so people can see more information regarding your case.

i have updated spreadsheet, sorry for replying late

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

Congratulations!! You are done (approved) and Yes please take the advise and remove your case number from the later.

I summited my 400 application today. Tired of waiting *:* 

Do any of you guys received an update saying your case was transfer and shortly got approved? (mine was apparently transfer on 04/09/2018 to local office).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Walki said:

Congratulations!! You are done (approved) and Yes please take the advise and remove your case number from the later.

I summited my 400 application today. Tired of waiting *:* 

Do any of you guys received an update saying your case was transfer and shortly got approved? (mine was apparently transfer on 04/09/2018 to local office).

My case was transferred to my local office on February-26 and I checked it online. I didn't believe in it and moved on. I did not receive a written notice from USCIS regarding my case transfer either. I also filed for naturalization last month with a pending I-751. 

12 hours ago, Name O Boy said:

My case was transferred to my local office on February-26 and I checked it online. I didn't believe in it and moved on. I did not receive a written notice from USCIS regarding my case transfer either. I also filed for naturalization last month with a pending I-751. 

Have you had any updates on N400 yet?

Fingers crossed :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Are there still March 2017 filers who haven’t received their green cards or is it only me.I am a vsc filer.Hope to hear great news soon

11 minutes ago, Boadiwaa said:

Are there still March 2017 filers who haven’t received their green cards or is it only me.I am a vsc filer.Hope to hear great news soon

if you use case tracker app,  you can search cases around or near you, then you will find out if you are the only one ...  you can also search cases on uscis,gov 

Edited by gc@gc

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.