3,010 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, adrily said:

Why did they request more evidence from you? and did you go get your passport stamp meanwhile? trying to get an infopass appoinment but nothing available

They asked for more detail about mortgages/utility bills. So we explained with more evidence why we don't have it.  No I didn't get a stamp yet, my gc+letter expires late may. It's too soon for me. Maybe this will help for you: 

US Passport Application

Routine service
Applied: 12/3/2020

Received: 12/18/2020

Approved & Shipped: 1/11/2021

Passport Delivered:   1/14/2021

47 minutes ago, AnGeLxX said:

They asked for more detail about mortgages/utility bills. So we explained with more evidence why we don't have it.  No I didn't get a stamp yet, my gc+letter expires late may. It's too soon for me. Maybe this will help for you: 

yea my green card expires around May as well

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Wow I hope the latest DHS update is accurate. 

March 30, 2018

We are producing your card and will mail it to you

You do not need to do anything at this time

We will mail your Green Card, employment authorization document (EAD), or combo card (EAD and advance parole) to the address you gave us. It may take up to 120 days to deliver your new card.

If your mailing address changes, update your address with us.

I replied to an RFE earlier in the month. Last update was on Mar 22nd that they received my response to the RFE and now it says they are producing my card as of Mar 30th!

Angelx do you see something similar? I know you sent your RFE response a couple of days after me.

31 minutes ago, dp1987 said:

March 30, 2018

We will mail your Green Card, employment authorization document (EAD), or combo card (EAD and advance parole) to the address you gave us. It may take up to 120 days to deliver your new card.

I replied to an RFE earlier in the month. Last update was on Mar 22nd that they received my response to the RFE and now it says they are producing my card as of Mar 30th!

Angelx do you see something similar? I know you sent your RFE response a couple of days after me.

Congratulations, I'm sure it's true! No mine still says "RFE received, case is no longer on hold". Last update for me was on Mar 26. 

Edited by AnGeLxX

US Passport Application

Routine service

40 minutes ago, dp1987 said:

March 30, 2018

Congrats, what were the looking for in the RFE ?

I-751 Timeline:

I-751 filed at VSC                 : 05/08/2017

USCIS Received                  : 05/09/2017

Check Cashed                     : 05/18/2017

NOA1 Receipt Date             : 05/10/2017

NOA1 received                     : 05/20/2017

Biometrics letter Received  : 06/10/2017 - Appointment for 06/23/2017

Biometrics Walk-in               : 06/12/2017 - biometrics completed

DMV license renewed         : 06/12/2017 - 1 year extension from greencard expiration 

I-751 Approved                    : 06/06/2018

N-400 Timeline:

Paper filing received at USCIS              : 05/24/2018

N400 notice to create online account   : 05/30/2018

N400 NOA                                                  : 06/02/2018

N400 Biometrics                                       : 06/21/2018

N400 Interview                                          : 09/19/2018

My DHS account was updated and it said "we are mailing your card to you", HOWEVER, the normal egov website is a bust. My bet is on USCIS discontinuing that website in future. Egov website (in my case) still shows the last message "we received your case at the local office". Hopefully, the DHS website is legit and I have my GC in hand soon.

7 minutes ago, tarver56 said:

My DHS account was updated and it said "we are mailing your card to you", HOWEVER, the normal egov website is a bust. My bet is on USCIS discontinuing that website in future. Egov website (in my case) still shows the last message "we received your case at the local office". Hopefully, the DHS website is legit and I have my GC in hand soon.

My online status on the gov website updated a day sooner than the DHS :P. I don't really care I just want my case to be approved xD. Hopefully you will get it soon, congratulations! 

US Passport Application

Routine service

4 hours ago, AnGeLxX said:

I'm still waiting too. I filed march 20 2017. I got an RFE on march 2 2018. Nothing to be nervous about, we are not the only one. ^_^

We filed 3-17-17....no RFE received, nothing except they received case at VSC 2-26-18 & are still working. We submitted an inquiry & the reply was that we’d hear by 4-19-18. I was beginning to think we were the only VSC filers not approved yet. :( 

Married ❤️02-14-14 valentines day!?❤️

USCIS

PD April 4, 2014 USCIS Vermont service center

NOA1 April 8, 2014

RFE none

NVC

Petition Approved July 10, 2014

AOS & IV scan dates 8/21 & 9/23

Waiting on our CC

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline

so jealous of vermonter's filers, looks like it's been only a year for you guys lol congratulations!!

I-751

ROC SENT:.......11/20/2017

NOA: ................01/12/2017

BIO.: .................26/12/2017

Hi guys.

I've been wondering if I have to get my passport stamped or not as my extension letter is going to be expired...

I am not planning to travel or anything. I've applied N-400 a couple weeks ago. 

My concerns are Am I still "legal" if don't go get my passport stamped or does it affect my N-400 application?

1 minute ago, Hao Weng said:

Hi guys.

I've been wondering if I have to get my passport stamped or not as my extension letter is going to be expired...

I am not planning to travel or anything. I've applied N-400 a couple weeks ago. 

My concerns are Am I still "legal" if don't go get my passport stamped or does it affect my N-400 application?

yeah, you are still legal in governmental system, even though you will not have "documents" 

23 minutes ago, boosbear said:

We filed 3-17-17....no RFE received, nothing except they received case at VSC 2-26-18 & are still working. We submitted an inquiry & the reply was that we’d hear by 4-19-18. I was beginning to think we were the only VSC filers not approved yet. :( 

the reply to your inquire is meaningless since they just automatically add that date (4/19/18) to it, i assume you will get another date (5/19/18 or something like that) if you inquire it on or around 4/19/18

Edited by gc@gc

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.