3,975 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, antoineD said:

I followed up with the USCIS about my case, which has been at the National Benefits Center since March, 3rd, and has had an unassigned Service Request for over a month to check where it's at.

The Tier II officer told me:

1. my background check cleared a few days ago, and my case is awaiting availability at my local (SF) office

2. he said my case is "well within processing times" and that I can expect to hear back in late August 2018 (!!!!!!) by looking at current processing times for interviews

3. he can't say either way whether my Expedited I-131, which I applied for last month, has or hasn't been expedited.

This is awful.

I find that even the tier two officers often don't know what they're talking about. They also told me I wouldn't get the interview anytime soon and then I ended up getting it scheduled for September 29th. San Diego and San Francisco have similar processing times (San Diego is one month faster). Looking at the official processing times stated on the USCIS website, you should have your interview well before next year August. 

Field Office Processing Dates for San Francisco CA as of: August 31, 2017
Form Form Name Processing Cases As Of Date:
I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status 7. November 2016

Has anyone here ever tried to go to the USCIS field office (preferably San Diego) without an infopass appointment?

I had my interview rescheduled and was told at my previous infopass appointment that I am going to have my new interview date within 60 days of the original date. Since they always schedule the interviews a month in advance I should've likely already gotten a notice about my new appointment.... but I haven't. I'm just getting a bit nervous bc it turned out at my last field office appointment that I did in order to make sure that they knew that my interview was rescheduled, that someone had messed up my papers and accidently put them as denied onto the wrong pile of cases instead of rescheduling it. Had I not went to talk to the CO at the field office it would've gotten sent back to Missouri as denied. 

Ever since that day I've been trying to get a new appointment just to make sure that the CO really fixed the mistake but it's absolutely impossible to get a new appointment. I even have my internet browser set up to notify me of any changes to the uscis san diego field office appointment page. I'm getting so frustrated not knowing whether everything is okay...

16 hours ago, Californiansunset said:

I find that even the tier two officers often don't know what they're talking about. They also told me I wouldn't get the interview anytime soon and then I ended up getting it scheduled for September 29th. San Diego and San Francisco have similar processing times (San Diego is one month faster). Looking at the official processing times stated on the USCIS website, you should have your interview well before next year August. 

Field Office Processing Dates for San Francisco CA as of: August 31, 2017
Form Form Name Processing Cases As Of Date:
I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status 7. November 2016

ok, maybe i shouldn't put too much faith into the tier II guys either, but just  be comforted that i at least passed the BG check.

16 hours ago, Californiansunset said:

Has anyone here ever tried to go to the USCIS field office (preferably San Diego) without an infopass appointment?

I had my interview rescheduled and was told at my previous infopass appointment that I am going to have my new interview date within 60 days of the original date. Since they always schedule the interviews a month in advance I should've likely already gotten a notice about my new appointment.... but I haven't. I'm just getting a bit nervous bc it turned out at my last field office appointment that I did in order to make sure that they knew that my interview was rescheduled, that someone had messed up my papers and accidently put them as denied onto the wrong pile of cases instead of rescheduling it. Had I not went to talk to the CO at the field office it would've gotten sent back to Missouri as denied. 

Ever since that day I've been trying to get a new appointment just to make sure that the CO really fixed the mistake but it's absolutely impossible to get a new appointment. I even have my internet browser set up to notify me of any changes to the uscis san diego field office appointment page. I'm getting so frustrated not knowing whether everything is okay...

i've personally only ever gone into a field office with an appointment, but my local office seems to always be booked out - i can never find availability on the website. i did see some people wait without an appointment when i last went (last year) and i imagine it's like at the DMV: it'll be WAY WAY slower, but you'll hopefully get to see someone by the end of the day if you get there early in the AM without an appointment, but i'm just extrapolating.

Timeline:

• AOS application submitted: 1/28/17
  • NOA1 for 130/765: 2/24/17
  • NOA1 for 485: 3/2/17
  • Biometrics letter: 3/11/17
  • Biometrics appointment: 3/30/17
  • EAD in production: 5/23/17
  • EAD received: 5/26/17
  • AP application received: 9/15/17 
  • AP application approved: 12/2/17 
  • Interview Notice received: 12/23/17
  • AOS Interview: 1/23/18
  • Approval email/texts: 2/8/18
  • Green Card mailed (hopefully): 2/14/18

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
23 hours ago, antoineD said:

I followed up with the USCIS about my case, which has been at the National Benefits Center since March, 3rd, and has had an unassigned Service Request for over a month to check where it's at.

The Tier II officer told me:

1. my background check cleared a few days ago, and my case is awaiting availability at my local (SF) office

2. he said my case is "well within processing times" and that I can expect to hear back in late August 2018 (!!!!!!) by looking at current processing times for interviews

3. he can't say either way whether my Expedited I-131, which I applied for last month, has or hasn't been expedited.

This is awful.

Oh man August 2018 that cannot be right.Did he mean August or January 2018 because August 2018 is way off.

1 hour ago, Abhi138 said:

Oh man August 2018 that cannot be right.Did he mean August or January 2018 because August 2018 is way off.

he may be misinformed, but he certainly said august 2018. let's hope he's wrong and i get to report on my interview date soon.

Timeline:

6 hours ago, antoineD said:

ok, maybe i shouldn't put too much faith into the tier II guys either, but just  be comforted that i at least passed the BG check.

i've personally only ever gone into a field office with an appointment, but my local office seems to always be booked out - i can never find availability on the website. i did see some people wait without an appointment when i last went (last year) and i imagine it's like at the DMV: it'll be WAY WAY slower, but you'll hopefully get to see someone by the end of the day if you get there early in the AM without an appointment, but i'm just extrapolating.

Yup I wouldn't believe the tier 2 officer at all if I were you. With the current processing times it's safe to say that you'll be getting your interview in January 2018 or maybe February the latest. The processing times won't be affected immediately of the new interview rules that started on October 1st (e.g. all K1s require an AOS interview) since the AOS processing times are in between as well so it won't affect it until at least 3-6 months after october 1st depending on the field office...

Really so there were people without appointment??? I didn't see any at mine and the security wanted to see my appointment letter the last time I was there. I read online that people are being turned away if they show up without appointment but that was the experience of people at other field offices... I guess I need to consider doing that though since I highly doubt I will ever be so lucky and get another appointment date. It's so hard to believe that they are giving appointments out on a daily basis with me always missing the release times.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I also wouldn’t believe everything the T2 officers say. I spoke to three of them so far. One had no idea about anything, the second told me to email the lockbox support team (uhhh?) and the third one told me that my case just recently was sent to “a local field office” but he just assumed it was NYC since they’re responsible for my area. My status is still fingerprint fee received and has been like that since March 3rd. No clue what the status of my case actually is, but I was told to expect an interview within 3-4 months from now at the NYC field office and they’re one of the most backlogged ones in the country. 

August 2018 seems extremely unlikely. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Update: 

I was just spammed with text messages this morning by USCIS. So I go check what it is all about, and my new card is in production! I was approved without an interview, which makes what the T2 officer said even weirder.

It took 236 days from them receiving it to being approved. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

My USCIS Apps updated just now and said they had sent my card yesterday. I think its green card. I have got my 2nd RFE on Oct 3 abt my divorce decree with my ex husband and I sent its respond back on Oct 5. Both my and my son’s case status has changed. I wish you all hear good news soon too. :) 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, TL2016 said:

Update: 

I was just spammed with text messages this morning by USCIS. So I go check what it is all about, and my new card is in production! I was approved without an interview, which makes what the T2 officer said even weirder.

It took 236 days from them receiving it to being approved. 

Congratulations and the T2 officer told me that my case is still at NBC center and  I might have an interview in the next 2 months since my background check is pending. 

17 hours ago, Californiansunset said:

Really so there were people without appointment??? I didn't see any at mine and the security wanted to see my appointment letter the last time I was there. I read online that people are being turned away if they show up without appointment but that was the experience of people at other field offices... I guess I need to consider doing that though since I highly doubt I will ever be so lucky and get another appointment date. It's so hard to believe that they are giving appointments out on a daily basis with me always missing the release times.  

I'm sure you've already considered this, but just in case: is it possible for you to call your local ASC and ask if they take walk-ins? Or if you can make an appointment over the phone if they always magically book out online?

Timeline:

59 minutes ago, antoineD said:

I'm sure you've already considered this, but just in case: is it possible for you to call your local ASC and ask if they take walk-ins? Or if you can make an appointment over the phone if they always magically book out online?

Hm I figured since the ASC center is at a complete different location and not real CO's there (except for the supervisor) that they wouldn't be able to help me there at all... and there's no phone number to directly call the San Diego field office to ask about appointments and the main USCIS hotline also says the generic "no appointments available" answer.  

2 hours ago, Californiansunset said:

Hm I figured since the ASC center is at a complete different location and not real CO's there (except for the supervisor) that they wouldn't be able to help me there at all... and there's no phone number to directly call the San Diego field office to ask about appointments and the main USCIS hotline also says the generic "no appointments available" answer.  

try this: https://scottpeters.house.gov/help-with-a-federal-agency/privacy-release-form

or feinstein: https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/8/3/83173299-5bbc-4df9-91e1-9adcc4d8a0dd/A89835A2631598B8CA4EFFCBA306AC5C.privacy-release-form-dob2.pdf

i messaged pelosi cause i thought feinstein's office may be too overwhelmed to deal with this, but what do i know.

Timeline:

1 hour ago, antoineD said:

THanks for your help! yeah I think I should try to go to the field office without appointment before I'm going to involve congressmen and stuff ;)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone! Hope all is well. Received conditional green card in the mail yesterday with no interview. Praises and Glory to God! 

Good luck and may God bless us all! 🙏☕️🌞

PS: Congratulations to all those who got their gc's approved and for those waiting, just hang in there! ☺️ 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.