3,975 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
21 hours ago, emchappie said:

I know this may be a personal question, and feel free not to answer if you don't want to, but how much has your medical bills for all the tests etc you've had done come to?

I have paid for it out of pocket. The exam was $250. And that seems to be a standard fee. They said it's not cleverer by any insurance. All of my vaccinations were covered though, so I can't help you with prices of those. However, if you'll call Walgreens or CVS clinic and ask them for the cost without the insurance they will give you the price. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Last night I received the acceptance confirmation from USCIS! It arrived 12 days after they received it in Chicago. 

Here is what it looks like:

Your case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS National Benefits Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number -----------------. With the official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) you may visit www.uscis.gov where you can check the status of your case using My Case Status. We suggest you wait until you have received your Form I-797 before checking My Case Status.

This confirmation provides notification of the date USCIS received your case.  This notice does NOT grant any immigration status or benefit. You MAY NOT present this notice as evidence that you have been granted any immigration status or benefit. Further, this notice does NOT constitute evidence that your case remains pending with USCIS. The current status of your case must be verified with USCIS.

Omg! After having a really emotional weekend, having oral surgery and missing my family, they finally cashed my check! 

Now waiting for the rest to fallow. 

1 hour ago, wef said:

Last night I received the acceptance confirmation from USCIS! It arrived 12 days after they received it in Chicago. 

Your case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS National Benefits Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number -----------------. With the official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) you may visit www.uscis.gov where you can check the status of your case using My Case Status. We suggest you wait until you have received your Form I-797 before checking My Case Status.

This confirmation provides notification of the date USCIS received your case.  This notice does NOT grant any immigration status or benefit. You MAY NOT present this notice as evidence that you have been granted any immigration status or benefit. Further, this notice does NOT constitute evidence that your case remains pending with USCIS. The current status of your case must be verified with USCIS.

@wef congrats! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Question to those of you who got RFE/RFIE -

How long after receiving NOA did you gor RFE/RFIE?

I know there's no "standard" wait time for it, but I'm trying to figure out when would be the best time to call and ask about the status of my EAD expedition.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 minute ago, Kalciaa said:

I know there's no "standard" wait time for it, but I'm trying to figure out when would be the best time to call and ask about the status of my EAD expedition.

Thanks!

I got RFIE like 10 days after NOA1. 

I will call uscis today to learn if they need i-864 filed again. Because i filed 1 month ago and last tax year was 2015 and now it is 2016 and they asked last tax return stuff. i-864 says last tax year is 2015. So maybe i need to send i-864 again. Bunch of bullshit. :/ 

AOS, EAD
Spoiler

Sent (i-485, i-765) : 4 March '17

Received: 6 March '17

Noa1: 22 March '17

Hardcopy received: 25 March '17

I-485 RFIE: 29 March '17

RFIE response received: 19 April '17

Biometrics: 20 April '17

Service Request: 12 June '17 (100 days)

Answer: Case is in our current processing time 13 June '17

2nd Service Request: 3 July '17 (118 days)

New card is producing: 5 July '17 (120 days) NOTE* they didn't even assign someone to my Service request.

K1 
Spoiler

Sent : 6 June '16

Noa1 : 9 June '16

Noa2 : 18 August '16

NVC Received: 30 August '16

Case Number Assigned: 1 September '16

Interview date: 5 December '16

Missing papers: i-134 and police record. Gonna send ASAP.

Sent missing papers : 3 January '17

Ap : 5 January '17

Ap update and got mail that says documents received: 9 January '17

Ready and nonimmigrant visa: 13 January '17

Issued: 17 January '17

Visa in the hand: 18 January '17

POE: 26 January '17

Marriage Date: 3 February '17

TOOK  7 MONTHS

38 minutes ago, Kalciaa said:

Thanks!

Hey. Ours RFIE was 8 days after NOA1

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, wef said:

Congratulations and good luck in all ahead 

39 minutes ago, KimberleyVDB said:

Omg! After having a really emotional weekend, having oral surgery and missing my family, they finally cashed my check! 

Now waiting for the rest to fallow. 

Wow! After all these I think it was a good compensation for all you went through. Congratulations. Stay strong and positive and wishing you quickest recover. Cheers!!!

Guys, I need help, please.

We don't know exactly what they are asking as to send as an RFIE. How to reach someone and ask in person about the info? Where?Do you have any number? That info number from USCIS is stuppid. Only machine. Our case is processed by National Benefit Center.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello folks, congratulations to all for seeing the new week. We shall have lots of great news this week and for all who haven't got any notification, stay strong and positive and wishing you all the best.

Someone who send her package around February 4th just got notified that card is in production and also someone who sent in application around February 10th got updated that case is ready to be scheduled for interview so I believe we shall start getting great news and update very soon. These updates and notifications give us the assurance that there is hope for us. Cheer up folks and good luck. Have a great week.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, wef said:

Wow congratulations

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
28 minutes ago, atuegwu said:

Hello folks, congratulations to all for seeing the new week. We shall have lots of great news this week and for all who haven't got any notification, stay strong and positive and wishing you all the best.

Someone who send her package around February 4th just got notified that card is in production and also someone who sent in application around February 10th got updated that case is ready to be scheduled for interview so I believe we shall start getting great news and update very soon. These updates and notifications give us the assurance that there is hope for us. Cheer up folks and good luck. Have a great week.

Oh wow! That's really good news! Thanks for sharing :)

Filed for concurrent I-130 / Adjustment of Status with EAD and AP: 

2017-03-07 - Lawyer mailed out the packet to Chicago Lockbox office ----- (I chose this as my DAY 1) 

2017-03-09 - Application packet was delivered to Chicago Lockbox

2017-03-10 - Priority Date for all cases  

2017-03-20 - USCIS cashed the check

2017-03-23 - Received four notices - I-130 / I-485 / I-765 / I-131

2017-03-27 - Received email that they are sending an RFIE notice

2017-03-31 - Lawyer received the RFIE yellow notice 

2017-04-03 - Response to RFIE mailed out today

2017-04-05 - Response to RFIE was delivered to NBC, Lee's Summit, MO 

2017-04-07 - USCIS acknowledged receipt of the reply to RFIE 

2017-04-07 - Received biometric appointment letter in the mail 

2017-04-18 - Biometric appointment 

2017-05-17 - Status changed to "We ordered your new card..."

2017-05-19 - Status changed to "We mailed your new card..."

2017-05-22 - Received approval notices for EAD and AP

2017-05-23 - Received EAD/AP combo card in the mail

2017-06-09 - Received email that interview is scheduled on July 12th

2017-07-12 - Interview day

2017-07-12 - Status changed to "We updated your name..." for my I-485 and I-130

2017-07-14 - Status changed to "We ordered your new card.." for my I-485

2017-07-17 - Received approval notice by mail for I-130

2017-07-18 - Status changed to "We mailed your new card..." for my I-485

2017-07-20 - Received I-485 approval / Welcome Notice by mail 

2017-07-21 - Received greencard in the mail. --------- (DAY 137)

See you in ROC!! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kalciaa said:

Thanks!

I got the email notification about my RFIE 4 days after I received the NOA

Filed for concurrent I-130 / Adjustment of Status with EAD and AP: 

2017-03-07 - Lawyer mailed out the packet to Chicago Lockbox office ----- (I chose this as my DAY 1) 

2017-03-09 - Application packet was delivered to Chicago Lockbox

2017-03-10 - Priority Date for all cases  

2017-03-20 - USCIS cashed the check

2017-03-23 - Received four notices - I-130 / I-485 / I-765 / I-131

2017-03-27 - Received email that they are sending an RFIE notice

2017-03-31 - Lawyer received the RFIE yellow notice 

2017-04-03 - Response to RFIE mailed out today

2017-04-05 - Response to RFIE was delivered to NBC, Lee's Summit, MO 

2017-04-07 - USCIS acknowledged receipt of the reply to RFIE 

2017-04-07 - Received biometric appointment letter in the mail 

2017-04-18 - Biometric appointment 

2017-05-17 - Status changed to "We ordered your new card..."

2017-05-19 - Status changed to "We mailed your new card..."

2017-05-22 - Received approval notices for EAD and AP

2017-05-23 - Received EAD/AP combo card in the mail

2017-06-09 - Received email that interview is scheduled on July 12th

2017-07-12 - Interview day

2017-07-12 - Status changed to "We updated your name..." for my I-485 and I-130

2017-07-14 - Status changed to "We ordered your new card.." for my I-485

2017-07-17 - Received approval notice by mail for I-130

2017-07-18 - Status changed to "We mailed your new card..." for my I-485

2017-07-20 - Received I-485 approval / Welcome Notice by mail 

2017-07-21 - Received greencard in the mail. --------- (DAY 137)

See you in ROC!! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello mates ,

Y'all won't believe what I'm seeing now, I never had an idea my non-working wife was suppose to fill out the i-864 too I only sent the one filled by my father in-law whome we share same adress as the joint sponsor.should I wait for the rfe ? My biometrics is tomorrow in Albany centre anyways 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.