40 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Mary Lou said:

Make sure you save your boarding passes from the flights, visa entry cards, any receipts from hotels or car rentals, passport stamps

You're welcome, what visa are you applying for?

F2A. have been approve yet? yes have everything save so far 

1 minute ago, yaya2004 said:

That's good. Our I130 is at the Nebraska service center

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

21 hours ago, yaya2004 said:

is 14 year age different is a big deal for a visa to be approved?  

The age difference will not stop the visa approval.

The factors relating to the relationship, compatibility, will if weak result in a) request for more information or b) rejection.

You are in Charlotte NC, look around you at the mall next time you are out.

There are people in relationships whose age difference may be really close but "they do look wrong" - one old and fat, the other young and great. It works all ways, just fill in the forms correctly and abide by the process.

Pure common sense rules apply with visa applications.  

As Patient said, a lot of factors go into whether or not the interviewing officer would find the age difference a red flag.

Nowadays a lot of people fall in love and marry despite differences of 10 years or more in ages, M>F, F>M. Same goes for the LGBTQ folks, when it comes to age.  

Love is love, but unfortunately, you have to be ready to prove it when it comes to immigration.

If you've got solid proof, don't worry about it. :)

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

• 1 month later...
Filed: Other Timeline
On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 5:35 AM, Mary Lou said:

That's good. Our I130 is at the Nebraska service center

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 5:32 AM, maria betances said:

I know his post is a bit old...but I wanted to say hello to you ladies. I too am older than my husband by 12 years, and he is also from the Dominican Republic. I sent our I-130 application in December and got notification it was received and being processed as of 12/12/2016. Still patiently waiting. Mary Lou, mine is with the Nebraska Service Center as well.

Great post, while my hubby and I love each other dearly and have lots in common the age difference always scares me when it comes to the immigration process. This post made me feel better. Thanks all!

4 hours ago, August97 said:

I know his post is a bit old...but I wanted to say hello to you ladies. I too am older than my husband by 12 years, and he is also from the Dominican Republic. I sent our I-130 application in December and got notification it was received and being processed as of 12/12/2016. Still patiently waiting. Mary Lou, mine is with the Nebraska Service Center as well.

Great post, while my hubby and I love each other dearly and have lots in common the age difference always scares me when it comes to the immigration process. This post made me feel better. Thanks all!

Hi August, 

Welcome to the hell hole of Nebraska!! :) I don't think we will have issues for age difference, per say, it is common in DR. But that being said, never know how the IO will feel on the interview day. Just a very different culture you experience with a Dominican.

We are at 170 days now, just waiting patiently, thats all you can do. Hang in there August!! 

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Filed: Other Timeline
21 hours ago, Mary Lou said:

Hi August, 

Welcome to the hell hole of Nebraska!! :) I don't think we will have issues for age difference, per say, it is common in DR. But that being said, never know how the IO will feel on the interview day. Just a very different culture you experience with a Dominican.

We are at 170 days now, just waiting patiently, thats all you can do. Hang in there August!! 

Thanks for responding.

Yes, hanging in there. At times it's tough but I realize tough times don't last forever. I have a coworker who went through the process years ago. She always says it seemed like it took forever but now that she has been here 7 years, looking back seems like the time flew by. I am looking forward to that moment. I am patient, my hubby not so much lol. But, I told him hey nothing we can do but wait. Hopefully we will all be hearing something soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I hadnt much worried about it but we have a 18 year difference. And to be honest our gap hadnt entered my mind since we first met...im the older one shes younger. But her mom and dad are 20 years apart so ...hmmm im not going to worry till the interview i plan on attending....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
13 hours ago, SChamb said:

I hadnt much worried about it but we have a 18 year difference. And to be honest our gap hadnt entered my mind since we first met...im the older one shes younger. But her mom and dad are 20 years apart so ...hmmm im not going to worry till the interview i plan on attending....

You won't have any issues ... you are the male, it's the PI where it is also very common :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.