adityaag

New York City AOS 2017 Filers

406 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Congo
Timeline

Hi!!

I am glad i found this site.

I really was getting anxious about my I 485 case. Now that i read posts and comments, i am a little bit relieved. 

I am not sure how I can post my process timing about my case in here. Do i need to start a new topic or reply to this post to a comment?

But here it is 

AOS+AP+EAD mailed to Chicago IL
Package sent on 11/06/2017
NOA: 11/09/2017
BOMETRICS accepted : 11/15/2017
EAD/AP BEING PRODUCED :02/16/2018
EAD/AP RECEIVED:02/24/2018
we forgot to file a tax or sponsor paper so they requested for evidence.
Last update from them was 
RFE USCIS RECEIVED on 01/17/2018  (is this where i am supposed to start the countdown?)
Our National Benefits Center office will begin working on your case again. We will mail you a decision or notify you if we need something from you
My EAD is about to expire, so i am in a process to renew.
We don't know in what office our case Is and We are still waiting on the interview date. 
I was reading the comments and noticed that i have to redo my medical exam again. 
Edited by bonbon243

Finally been scheduled for an interview!!! NYC filer, priority date June 6 2017.

Now to wait for that piece of paper in the mail!

1 hour ago, SammySid said:

congrats! I am a late June 2017 filer from BKN, and still have my fingers crossed to get something soon

Fingers crossed for you - just a matter of time. I doubt there can be that much disparity in back log between Manhattan and Brooklyn. 

1 minute ago, kls123 said:

Fingers crossed for you - just a matter of time. I doubt there can be that much disparity in back log between Manhattan and Brooklyn. 

Thanks! Yeah let's see. As you well know, it's been an agonizing wait, and my wife can't wait for me to take her to visit Australia. We'll have to keep patient I reckon

Just now, SammySid said:

Thanks! Yeah let's see. As you well know, it's been an agonizing wait, and my wife can't wait for me to take her to visit Australia. We'll have to keep patient I reckon

I hear you - I'd been hoping to make it home to the UK for Christmas but unfortunately won't be the case. It'll be worth it in the end. Keep us updated!

8 minutes ago, Bm1789 said:

😩

If you don't mind my asking, were there any issues during your process that resulted in the long wait? Or is it really just an 18 month wait now in Manhattan?

No issues at all. No RFE. To my knowledge, this is the new standard (at least I haven't been given reason to believe otherwise).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hey guys, how much time went by between you getting the text/online notice saying your interview had been scheduled and you getting the notice in the mail with a date?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I went to interview on Dec. 3, and got the 'case under review, waiting for further notice' sheet as we were the last couple that day, all interviews were backed up that day and our interview only lasted 15-20 mins - passing 5pm that night - so the Officer just asked us some basic questions and collect all the additional supporting documents we prepared. The officer did say that our case is 99.9% chance to be approved.

So we waited the entire week - as of last night (Saturday, 12/8) my case status still didn't change - and now, Sunday (12/7) at 11:10pm, I was just refreshing the webpage and saw my status changed to 'Case Was Approved on Dec. 7th'. Not sure why the webpage was updated on Sunday, but we're very happy of the result!

My case receipt date (PD) is 12/14/2017, so it's almost a year that we got approved. Actually a lot faster than I expected knowing how backed-up USCIS has been! I filed in Queens and got interviewed in Manhattan. Looks like the New York Office is moving forward.

Good luck to all of you who're still waiting!!

13 hours ago, Bdzk said:

I went to interview on Dec. 3, and got the 'case under review, waiting for further notice' sheet as we were the last couple that day, all interviews were backed up that day and our interview only lasted 15-20 mins - passing 5pm that night - so the Officer just asked us some basic questions and collect all the additional supporting documents we prepared. The officer did say that our case is 99.9% chance to be approved.

So we waited the entire week - as of last night (Saturday, 12/8) my case status still didn't change - and now, Sunday (12/7) at 11:10pm, I was just refreshing the webpage and saw my status changed to 'Case Was Approved on Dec. 7th'. Not sure why the webpage was updated on Sunday, but we're very happy of the result!

My case receipt date (PD) is 12/14/2017, so it's almost a year that we got approved. Actually a lot faster than I expected knowing how backed-up USCIS has been! I filed in Queens and got interviewed in Manhattan. Looks like the New York Office is moving forward.

Good luck to all of you who're still waiting!!

Congratulations!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.