meemee1

I-130 February 2017 filers

1,117 posts in this topic

On 7/12/2017 at 0:08 PM, Dilorena said:

That is incredibly sweet, thank you so much. I will be honest of course, I'm not worried about the questions and I'm prepared to explain my previous CR1, I even have documents from my therapist when I started visiting her during my separation in 2015. It is indeed hard to smile, but we have to keep going because the alternative is to give up and not be with our loved ones. I actually haven't called them after all the horror stories, and I don't believe calling can do anything. I will do so if we go beyond the estimated approval time, and I always try to be as nice as possible on the phone, I know they're just trying to do their jobs. 

On 7/12/2017 at 0:08 PM, Dilorena said:

That is incredibly sweet, thank you so much. I will be honest of course, I'm not worried about the questions and I'm prepared to explain my previous CR1, I even have documents from my therapist when I started visiting her during my separation in 2015. It is indeed hard to smile, but we have to keep going because the alternative is to give up and not be with our loved ones. I actually haven't called them after all the horror stories, and I don't believe calling can do anything. I will do so if we go beyond the estimated approval time, and I always try to be as nice as possible on the phone, I know they're just trying to do their jobs. 

You're welcome of course!! 

I'm glad you're well prepared, the earlier to be prepared the better you'll be! But you're right, we can't let anyone make us give up, we must stay strong and fight through, and be positive! I've only called once and they politely told me my case was ok but just waiting on approval, and gave me a possible estimate. Just hope ALL February filers get approved on the same month so we can all help eachother out through NVC stage 🙏🏼🙏🏼

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Dilorena said:

155 days here, and counting. 

I wish there was something we could do besides waiting, but unfortunately getting your case expedited is hard. I know I'm having emotional and physical issues related to the process, but nothing compared to those dealing with far more serious reasons like Cancer, that are looking for the the last opportunity to be with their loved ones and are still waiting for months and months at a time. I don't want to be expedited if they can't.  We also have to wait for those who paid ''for premium processing'' (just available for other types of VISAS if I understand correctly) and see them jump around, still approving some September, October and November cases from last year. So money as usual, moves the world. Why haven't they started transferring more cases like last year? it's clear they can't deal with it. I wish the gym was my answer, unfortunately carbs found me. I'll try to exercise though!

I'm sorry you're not able to visit regularly, I don't know what I would do if I didn't see my husband every 1-3 months at most. I'm already a mess as it is! I admire you so much.  I hope you can see him in October and that we'll get our approvals...

Our NOA1's are four days apart.  I feel you, this entire process sucks.  I wish they had premium processing.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
8 hours ago, Team Hayward said:

Nebraska slipping further behind other Centers with their processing date slipping back to Nov 21st while others are shooting forward. Texas is now more than 3 MONTHS ahead of them.

Is there a point at which a significant delays at one center trigger the movement of cases to the other ones? Put another way, is there hope that the people waiting in line at Nebraska might get transferred?

NSC.JPG

This is so disheartening! How do they go backwards?!?! Is that even possible or is this some error?

I know there is no true formula but has anyone seen any December filers get their petition accepted? 

I don't understand, on visajourney it says Texas service center is processing January 2017 cases, but on USCIS website they're up to May 2017 now, how did they skip from January to May passed other months??? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, JonnyKtao said:

I don't understand, on visajourney it says Texas service center is processing January 2017 cases, but on USCIS website they're up to May 2017 now, how did they skip from January to May passed other months??? 

Could have been a typo.

22 minutes ago, JonnyKtao said:

Oh, i see what you are talking about... I just noticed that  USCIS updated their processing timelines. The visa journey dates are based on information reported by members, BUT still Texas and all the service centers processing timelines don't make much sense. Eg: for us in Nebraska, USCIS says by May 31st, they were processing cases from Nov 15th  - that would mean visa journey members from Dec, Jan should be receiving their approvals but we know thats not true because VJ is reporting approvals from Nov.  Moral of the story, i don't think there is a clear formula on what is going on with these centers. 

11 minutes ago, injejo14 said:

Oh, i see what you are talking about... I just noticed that  USCIS updated their processing timelines. The visa journey dates are based on information reported by members, BUT still Texas and all the service centers processing timelines don't make much sense. Eg: for us in Nebraska, USCIS says by May 31st, they were processing cases from Nov 15th  - that would mean visa journey members from Dec, Jan should be receiving their approvals but we know thats not true because VJ is reporting approvals from Nov.  Moral of the story, i don't think there is a clear formula on what is going on with these centers. 

Yeah you're right! For Nebraska it does say May 2017 as well in USCIS, but on visajourney it's November 2016, with all the members on here there hasn't been anyone saying they have been approved recently for January or even December, so I see what you're saying...just don't know why they have to post that on uscis if they really are not up to May 2017. Now this whole service centers thing is becoming very unbalanced. 

3 hours ago, Zain said:

will that be a good contact info to call the NVC

i received my noa2 on june 29th and was wondering when should i start calling

Phone (for immigrant visa inquiries only):  
(603) 334-0700. Customer Service Representatives can speak with you Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 midnight EST, excluding holidays.

Just call them every few days and ask if you have been assigned a case number and IIN after 2-3 weeks you can call daily ! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/11/2017 at 7:59 PM, Dilorena said:

I love everything you wrote, we are so much alike! 

My husband is incredibly positive, and I try my best to keep up. I firmly believe that there has to be some form of karmic retribution in trying to keep others emotionally stable, which is not an easy task considering what we have to go through. Just as you, I used to have privilege, I was completely ignorant when it came to immigration. It is quite funny, because a lot o people (especially U.S citizens) have this idea in their minds that we all Mexicans are alike. The fact that some can be English speaking, cultured, light skinned,   college educated, with money, baffles them. Just as you, the possibility of migrating illegally was never considered, because even though this is incredibly frustrating, the aftermath of just overstaying or even entering illegally, would be far worse. but I completely understand why a lot of people opt to marry on a tourist VISA and adjust from the inside. Even many of my aunts did it, and when one of them was talking about it and just  exclaimed ''but why is it taking so long, I just did my biometrics and I was here with my husband the whole time'' I felt like punching her on the face. Friends would do the dreaded ''OMG, I don't know how you guys do it, I wouldn't/couldn't'' 

If you're planning on gathering people for a mass complaint at the Ombudsman, count me in. I don't know what to do, and if more people got together and try to fight it I'd be on board. I know it's a long shot, like you've said, if he can't expedite no one can. I can't believe they punish people with a 60 day delay after a complaint. That is indeed a very vindictive, non profesional way to deal with their on wrongdoings. Everyone I've talked to have also exclaimed in shock that they can't believe this is the system the U.S has, that it is deeply flawed and that we shouldn't have to go through this. 

I still don't know enough about immigration to figure out why can't we be with our loved ones, at least after USCIS's approval. I understand background checks are needed, and ultimately they're trying to protect the United States from ''bad hombres'' (couldn't help myself) but it also prevents a lot of honest, good families from being together. Another thing completely spot on about what you said, is the fact that I find incredibly ironic that you have to do everything you can to prove your relationship is real, and in the meantime they do everything to break you apart. Sure it might not be ''intentional'' but like you mentioned, it tests everything about yourself and your marriage, and it's putting both of us in a lot of emotional and even financial distress. We constantly fight because we're incredibly frustrated we can't be together, we're both on edge and vulnerable right now. And learning that I might still have four months to go before we even get approved, fearing RFEs, is utterly ridiculous. 

I had a previous CR1 approved, that took less than 6 months. But unfortunately it was with my ex husband and we stopped before we reached NVC, the relationship didn't work and we got a divorce, so that's added pressure/stress because I'm worried USCIS will think I'm just trying to marry for the green card, which dear Lord couldn't be more wrong. I literally just want to be with my husband, and it isn't easy for him to move since he has a job he loves and we decided to try this option first, since my job can be easily moved. But like you said, having to go through  this in a very young marriage is more than I ever anticipated, and today has been particularly hard. 

And we have hopefully a safe space here to vent/share our experiences. No one but us know what's going on, barely as you said. We at least have to stick together. 

I honestly can't imagine what it must be like to try to immigrate from Mexico right now. This whole process has opened my eyes up to why illegal immigrants make the choices they do. If you were to ask the average person whether they think being separated from their spouse or children is fair for over a YEAR most people would say no. The financial hardship this causes people is insane. I can't believe even in a country such as Canada they require spouses and families to be separated. The border official I talked to knew her stuff and point blankly said to me that I was doing the process correctly by being separated. Your pretty much screwed if you try to immigrate from Canada as a couple because they want the American citizen to be established inside the US (domicile). I really feel for you to have to go through this process. I've been together with my spouse for 12 years now in many respects it's easier because we've been together for so long. It's the separation from my son that I know upsets him.

I hear what you are saying about how people screw with the rules. There are so many arm chair athlete's who think they know the immigration system. I had absolutely no idea how complex it was. It's my belief if your married you should have more rights than if your just engaged. After all married spouses are subjected to IRS rules. I've had to turn over all of my bank statements that are held jointly with my spouse. I am subjected to having to pay income taxes jointly with my spouse. But have less rights than someone who just met an American and is more likely frauding the system. Our immigration story has peaked the curiosity of Canadians and Americans. I've heard people say "Trump isn't letting Canadians in" referring to us. But the truth is these rules were here long before Trump ever came into office. I just think the politeness of the previous administration has been lost. I know if you or I had been sent to a different service center we would be waiting any day for our NOA2 approval.

It's not right the government spends so much effort breaking relationships and families apart. It shocks people to know how many resources are put in place in order for me to cross the border. You can't tell me if Melania Trump was told to go back to her native country and go through what we have the Trumps would accept that. I had a previous i130 approved in 2 months. A few years back I just had to drive 4 hours to the nearest consulate in Vancouver. Now everything goes through Montreal which is on the other side of Canada and much more costly. Now all i130's are not done at the embassies but in the US. Looking at the lack of customer service in Nebraska this experience has been horrendous. I totally hear what you are saying about the fear of a RFE. I'm constantly on edge and wonder if or when things will progress. I'll post my rant about the Nebraska office on the next comment. Just know you aren't alone in this process. I'm just so glad I'm not alone.

In my Province in Canada something like 85% of all BC'ers are anti-Trump. It's been tough because I've had so many friends and family start going off on the United States. People have flat out asked if I am treated so poorly why I'd ever want to move there. Many of my friends and family think Trump himself has something to do with our problems. This whole immigration process has not only tested my relationship but my feelings toward America. It helped tremendously to have so much support of Las Vegans when I went for a visit there. It's just weird just as I'm sure it is for you to be caught up in real time political warfare. We tried crossing the border the day after the travel ban and the things I saw while being detained where very shocking. I've had friends cancel trips to the US because of bad border stories. The one border supervisor at the land crossing closest to me claimed Canadians were saying they are going for gas and not coming home (why he'd deny me visiting my spouse). I told him I've never known ONE Canadian to live in the US illegally. There is such a culture right now to keeping foreigners out. It's perplexing and against everything the US is supposed to be for.

I honestly believe you will be okay to prove your relationship is genuine. The one thing I've learned is gather evidence and a lot of it. I'm hopeful this i130 business will be the worst part of the process.

I looked up complaints for USCIS and the Ombudsman unfortunately has no power to do anything. There is not even a formal complaints system according to a report I read. The DHS Office of the Inspector General does take care of complaints against officers and report abuse of financial resources. I'm tempted to write those guys a letter stating what I will rant about in my next post.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

When I went onto Visa Journey Timeline today I BLEW A GASKET. According to USCIS website as of May 31, 2017 Nebraska was processing cases from: Nov 15, 2016. When I looked at Visa Journey today they are processing cases from Nov 21, 2017!!!!! This means in over 30 WORK DAYS they have only done 6 DAYS OF APPLICATIONS! If me or my spouse worked this slow WE WOULD BE FIRED!!! I'd rant about how they are Government but these guys are being paid with OUR APPLICATION FEES! WHAT HAVE I PAID MONEY FOR??? Nebraska is officially THE slowest service center now. My estimated completion date says Oct. Every week it keeps getting pushed back. Has everyone in the NSC gone home for the summer??

I am thinking of typing up a letter to send to the DHS Office of the Inspector General as the Ombudsman does not have the power to do anything. It might be even worth sending the higher ups in DHS a letter too. I don't care what planet a person is from this situation is not right. Our family is paying an extra $3,000 a month to live separately. I sure hope they transfer files to other service centers because at this rate Feb filers will be lucky to get an approval BY THE END OF 2017!!!! I'm sure the other service centers will be THRILLED to get the workload of Nebraska. Not only is this service center incredibly rude but they can't handle their own workload. This is TOTALLY unacceptable.

Edited by acidrain

My NOA1 is February 27 and is at Potomac. Received notification this week of a RFE (request for evidence). Anxiously awaiting the letter in the post to see what we need to do 😐

3 hours ago, AlisonC said:

My NOA1 is February 27 and is at Potomac. Received notification this week of a RFE (request for evidence). Anxiously awaiting the letter in the post to see what we need to do 😐

noooo :( ... what documents did you send along with your i-130? Maybe we can work out in advance what you might need to collect and send to clear your RFE...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
17 hours ago, larnar1309 said:

Just call them every few days and ask if you have been assigned a case number and IIN after 2-3 weeks you can call daily ! 

just called the NVC

they said my case was received on 13th of July.

i should be getting a welcome package in email. they had my email wrong which i got fixed :)

she asked me to visit nvc.state.gov.

i cant seem to open this website.

is anyone else having the same issue as me?

thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.