meemee1

I-130 February 2017 filers

1,117 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Nebraska, Nebraska, Nebraska. I'm looking at Visa Journey Timeline's and it's saying they are processing applications from Nov 27. What is going on? I really think it's unfair to those who have been assigned to NSC to have to wait upwards of three months longer than other service centers.

Our lawyer called up Nebraska to see why they do not expedite applications that are filed abroad. Other service centers do! They HUNG UP on him! The stories coming out of Nebraska are quite frankly shocking. I cannot believe they are allowed to be so rude when our application fees are paying their salary! Does it really make sense to process an application for a person inside the US before families who are suffering tremendous financial hardship?

According to the latest timeline this means to process a i130 in Nebraska is taking EIGHT MONTHS. How is this reasonable? When I shared this information with Americans while visiting my spouse they said that was ridiculous. It's costing our family upwards of $3,000 in living expenses every single month this goes on for. An extra 3 months we are talking over $10,000 it will cost us compared to those who are in other service centers. How is that fair? It's even more ridiculous a person cannot wait out the process inside the US with their spouse. Especially if they are from a low fraud country! Nobody understands the logic behind all of this. My spouse's next door neighbor however met a girl from Australia and she got to stay inside the country not having to file abroad. How is that fair? I've been married to my spouse for almost 10 years and the whole process is going to have cost somewhere over $50,000!!

If our application was at another service center our application would be approved or be about to. I honestly think the Consulates abroad should be expediting appointments in accordance to how long a person is waiting for their i130. Like if you are stuck in Nebraska you should get your Visa appointment first. I guess all we can hope is for a transfer or for that center to get their act together! Very frustrating!

2 minutes ago, acidrain said:

Nebraska, Nebraska, Nebraska. I'm looking at Visa Journey Timeline's and it's saying they are processing applications from Nov 27. What is going on? I really think it's unfair to those who have been assigned to NSC to have to wait upwards of three months longer than other service centers.

Our lawyer called up Nebraska to see why they do not expedite applications that are filed abroad. Other service centers do! They HUNG UP on him! The stories coming out of Nebraska are quite frankly shocking. I cannot believe they are allowed to be so rude when our application fees are paying their salary! Does it really make sense to process an application for a person inside the US before families who are suffering tremendous financial hardship?

According to the latest timeline this means to process a i130 in Nebraska is taking EIGHT MONTHS. How is this reasonable? When I shared this information with Americans while visiting my spouse they said that was ridiculous. It's costing our family upwards of $3,000 in living expenses every single month this goes on for. An extra 3 months we are talking over $10,000 it will cost us compared to those who are in other service centers. How is that fair? It's even more ridiculous a person cannot wait out the process inside the US with their spouse. Especially if they are from a low fraud country! Nobody understands the logic behind all of this. My spouse's next door neighbor however met a girl from Australia and she got to stay inside the country not having to file abroad. How is that fair? I've been married to my spouse for almost 10 years and the whole process is going to have cost somewhere over $50,000!!

If our application was at another service center our application would be approved or be about to. I honestly think the Consulates abroad should be expediting appointments in accordance to how long a person is waiting for their i130. Like if you are stuck in Nebraska you should get your Visa appointment first. I guess all we can hope is for a transfer or for that center to get their act together! Very frustrating!

Wow! My heart really goes out for you! :( this sounds awful... do you mind me asking the reason you are not allowed to apply from the states? 

When i went to visit my husband we went to the government office to ask about our application. The lady told me that I could file a separate form and that I would be able to wait with my husband in the states during the process - however during that time I wouldn't have been able to work. Since I have a good job I didn't take that option but I'm wondering if that's the same reason why you are not doing that? Although it sounds like it's costing you more money being apart? 

Best wishes to you! Cmon Nebraska! Maybe you could request through your lawyer to transfer to Potomac? That seems to be the fastest centre 

Timeline
Just now, larnar1309 said:

Wow! My heart really goes out for you! :( this sounds awful... do you mind me asking the reason you are not allowed to apply from the states? 

When i went to visit my husband we went to the government office to ask about our application. The lady told me that I could file a separate form and that I would be able to wait with my husband in the states during the process - however during that time I wouldn't have been able to work. Since I have a good job I didn't take that option but I'm wondering if that's the same reason why you are not doing that? Although it sounds like it's costing you more money being apart? 

Best wishes to you! Cmon Nebraska! Maybe you could request through your lawyer to transfer to Potomac? That seems to be the fastest centre 

Thank you very much for your support! These forums help tremendously because I'm starting to get really frustrated with the whole thing. My dual spouse, son and I attempted to cross the border with a U-Haul from Canada last Jan. It was the day after the travel ban was instated. I was under the impression we could stay in the US for a duration of 6 months just like other Canadians do on a routine basis. My spouse was going to find work and we were going to see if we wanted to live there. The border agent denied entry based on the fact he did not feel we had enough ties to Canada. We had sold our house, rental apartment and had all our belongings. Needless to say we had to come back to Canada and to a city with little to no rentals and is very expensive. Fortunately someone we knew just bought a house so I was able to rent their basement while this was all going on.

There is a way to "adjust status" but it is an extremely thin line to cross. With the crack down on immigration due to Trump that thin line is becoming thinner. One can only cross the border without the intent to immigrate. As our lawyer described, if you bought tickets to Disneyland and set up the vacation of your life and suddenly during the trip said "oh wow let's move here" that is legal. However, if you tell your friends and get on a plane knowing you aren't coming back that is considered fraud. That is why my spouse's neighbor is allowed to stay in the US and adjust status because she fell in love AFTER she crossed the border. I just find the whole process insulting to those who are honest and in our case have been together in total 12 years. The kicker is I've had to turn over all of my personal information to the IRS because it's the law that all US citizens file taxes abroad. So I'm legally obligated to disclose all my bank account information but to visit my spouse for 12 days I have to undergo such an extensive process at the border to prove I am coming back to Canada.

At this point we won't be able to adjust status because we've declared our intent to immigrate. We had absolutely no idea about the rules and at least the last time when I went to visit my spouse the border agent acknowledged that. My spouse has not lived in the US since 1986 so he has to establish domicile or ties otherwise we'd live in Canada and then move. It's quite the contradiction that I have to prove ties to Canada and he has to prove ties to the US thus breaking our family apart and running two households. One could apply for an expedite but in our case our hardship is arguably just like everyone else. Sorry I am venting so much. Everyone I speak to in Canada and the US cannot believe what's happening. Our lawyer who is a retired federal immigration judge says in his 60 years of practicing law he has never experienced anything like this. Canadians who used to sort of be treated as a distant cousin are facing additional scrutiny. I'd like to think we are reasonable people but the kicker is we've been approved for a i130 in the past! However, Canada shreds the file and cancels the application. We were going to move years back but changed our minds. I had no idea how much money this would all cost and how unreasonable the Nebraska office would be. Our lawyer the retired federal judge was absolutely shocked when the Nebraska office hung up on him!

36 minutes ago, acidrain said:

This, a million times this.

That's exactly how I've been feeling lately. Frustrated, angry, sad, disheartened, all rolled into one. Why do we have to wait considerably longer than other centers, when we applied at the same time and paid the same fee? A fee that isn't cheap by any means without taking into account the added cost of having someone abroad like you mentioned. I understand the whole ''waiting in queue for your turn'' which is only fair, but when you start seeing filers from the same month from other service centers get approved, it's really a slap in the face. I am genuinely happy for them, after all they deserve it as well, but it's hard not to feel the injustice. 

I absolutely agree, it would only be fair to expedite/approve in order of waiting time. You are inside the U.S in no hurry and been waiting four, five months? yeah not the same as the families waiting outside for over eight. But the cold truth?  it just isn't a priority to them. We are just numbers and thousands upon thousands of papers to get filed, but it's our lives. Tax payers are not involved, so no rush in changing their ways.  We can't wait inside because we are seen and treated as potential threats, especially us in high fraud countries.  We are at their mercy since there are not a lot of options to legally migrate to the U.S, and they rely on '' This is a privilege, not a right. If you don't like it, go live somewhere else'' 

I haven't even tried calling USCIS because I fear I'll get the same answer. I feel it will just make me even more mad, and even though our case should be expedited if it goes overtime, I know a lot of families like yourself have it worse, and it breaks my heart. You have genuine expedite reasons. My husband and I will probably spend our first anniversary apart, we're depressed and I cry most nights, but thankfully I have the support of my family and I can work/provide for myself, we get to see each other every two, three months at most, so I know it's way better than many.

I don't know you, but I care for you because we're in this together. I'm so sorry we have to go through this and you have my full support, understanding and love. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Dilorena said:

This, a million times this.

That's exactly how I've been feeling lately. Frustrated, angry, sad, disheartened, all rolled into one. Why do we have to wait considerably longer than other centers, when we applied at the same time and paid the same fee? A fee that isn't cheap by any means without taking into account the added cost of having someone abroad like you mentioned. I understand the whole ''waiting in queue for your turn'' which is only fair, but when you start seeing filers from the same month from other service centers get approved, it's really a slap in the face. I am genuinely happy for them, after all they deserve it as well, but it's hard not to feel the injustice. 

I absolutely agree, it would only be fair to expedite/approve in order of waiting time. You are inside the U.S in no hurry and been waiting four, five months? yeah not the same as the families waiting outside for over eight. But the cold truth?  it just isn't a priority to them. We are just numbers and thousands upon thousands of papers to get filed, but it's our lives. Tax payers are not involved, so no rush in changing their ways.  We can't wait inside because we are seen and treated as potential threats, especially us in high fraud countries.  We are at their mercy since there are not a lot of options to legally migrate to the U.S, and they rely on '' This is a privilege, not a right. If you don't like it, go live somewhere else'' 

I haven't even tried calling USCIS because I fear I'll get the same answer. I feel it will just make me even more mad, and even though our case should be expedited if it goes overtime, I know a lot of families like yourself have it worse, and it breaks my heart. You have genuine expedite reasons. My husband and I will probably spend our first anniversary apart, we're depressed and I cry most nights, but thankfully I have the support of my family and I can work/provide for myself, we get to see each other every two, three months at most, so I know it's way better than many.

I don't know you, but I care for you because we're in this together. I'm so sorry we have to go through this and you have my full support, understanding and love. 

I must confess I creeped this page out many times and admire all of your posts and courage. I wish I was as optimistic and positive as you! My personality can come across as quite strong and when I get worked up it shows. You are spot on when it comes to everything you said. This entire process has opened up my world and eyes to immigrants. I'm used to having white privilege and being a part of the dominant culture. It's not to say I feel discriminated against for wanting to immigrate. I've met Americans who believe I should be expedited based on the fact I'm Canadian and white. I honestly do not expect to be ahead of anybody else and have no problems waiting my turn. However, as you mention how is it fair that others get approved who applied a couple of months ago? 

You are right in saying people don't care about immigrants and it's forced me to take a look at my own views having lived in Canada all my life. Honestly if paying a retired federal immigration judge $500/hr can't expedite the process than I firmly believe nothing will. The Nebraska office honestly fears nobody and because they are Government employees they can say or do whatever they want. The level of dysfunction in the Nebraska office is upsetting. I am tempted to file a complaint against that entire office to the Ombudsman for not only what my own lawyer went through but what they have done to others. To make a person wait an extra 60 days for filing a complaint against them is vindictive but I'm sure that's why they do it. Perhaps I will consider sending a complaint to someone in higher authority. It's honestly not just my situation that irritates me but yours and others too. My spouse was shocked when I told him what the i130 even is. All they do is look at the birth certificate (or passport) and the form to verify he can sponsor me. My son is a given because he's his biological child. I've been approved before so for the process to take 8 months is ridiculous.

Funny you should mention immigration being a privilege and not a right. I was told this when I was denied at the border. However, whenever I start going off how all of my financial information has to be disclosed to the IRS because I'm married to an American spouse people shut up pretty quickly. So I have no rights to disclose my personal information but to enter the US I have less rights than my spouse's half brother who recently went to Vegas to get drunk? My son apparently has a claim to citizenship but the fact I gave birth to him means nothing. If it's any consolation to you or others there is not one person I've met (Trump voters included) that thinks this process is right. I'm a very blunt person and I've told Trump supporters flat out if they want to tackle illegal immigration I'd suggest cleaning up their immigration system. I understand more why people make certain decisions including living in the country illegally. Obviously I'm doing everything legally but this process tests everything about you.

I was fortunate to be able to visit my spouse recently so I'm a lot more fortune than many others. I was hoping I'd be living in the same city we got married in for our 10 year wedding anniversary next Feb but I'm starting to wonder about that. I'm so sorry you have to start out a relationship like this. The whole point to the exercise is ridiculous. The immigration process does everything to break a marriage apart only at the very end to say "okay you can come live here now - forever". As many Americans have told me they really should have a system where you can get a temporary Visa while this is all going on and report to someone every so often. Thank you for allowing me to vent. It helps to know I am not alone. It's so difficult to even attempt to explain to my friends and family what is going on. I barely understand the rules myself.

6 minutes ago, acidrain said:

I must confess I creeped this page out many times and admire all of your posts and courage. I wish I was as optimistic and positive as you! My personality can come across as quite strong and when I get worked up it shows. You are spot on when it comes to everything you said. This entire process has opened up my world and eyes to immigrants. I'm used to having white privilege and being a part of the dominant culture. It's not to say I feel discriminated against for wanting to immigrate. I've met Americans who believe I should be expedited based on the fact I'm Canadian and white. I honestly do not expect to be ahead of anybody else and have no problems waiting my turn. However, as you mention how is it fair that others get approved who applied a couple of months ago? 

You are right in saying people don't care about immigrants and it's forced me to take a look at my own views having lived in Canada all my life. Honestly if paying a retired federal immigration judge $500/hr can't expedite the process than I firmly believe nothing will. The Nebraska office honestly fears nobody and because they are Government employees they can say or do whatever they want. The level of dysfunction in the Nebraska office is upsetting. I am tempted to file a complaint against that entire office to the Ombudsman for not only what my own lawyer went through but what they have done to others. To make a person wait an extra 60 days for filing a complaint against them is vindictive but I'm sure that's why they do it. Perhaps I will consider sending a complaint to someone in higher authority. It's honestly not just my situation that irritates me but yours and others too. My spouse was shocked when I told him what the i130 even is. All they do is look at the birth certificate (or passport) and the form to verify he can sponsor me. My son is a given because he's his biological child. I've been approved before so for the process to take 8 months is ridiculous.

Funny you should mention immigration being a privilege and not a right. I was told this when I was denied at the border. However, whenever I start going off how all of my financial information has to be disclosed to the IRS because I'm married to an American spouse people shut up pretty quickly. So I have no rights to disclose my personal information but to enter the US I have less rights than my spouse's half brother who recently went to Vegas to get drunk? My son apparently has a claim to citizenship but the fact I gave birth to him means nothing. If it's any consolation to you or others there is not one person I've met (Trump voters included) that thinks this process is right. I'm a very blunt person and I've told Trump supporters flat out if they want to tackle illegal immigration I'd suggest cleaning up their immigration system. I understand more why people make certain decisions including living in the country illegally. Obviously I'm doing everything legally but this process tests everything about you.

I was fortunate to be able to visit my spouse recently so I'm a lot more fortune than many others. I was hoping I'd be living in the same city we got married in for our 10 year wedding anniversary next Feb but I'm starting to wonder about that. I'm so sorry you have to start out a relationship like this. The whole point to the exercise is ridiculous. The immigration process does everything to break a marriage apart only at the very end to say "okay you can come live here now - forever". As many Americans have told me they really should have a system where you can get a temporary Visa while this is all going on and report to someone every so often. Thank you for allowing me to vent. It helps to know I am not alone. It's so difficult to even attempt to explain to my friends and family what is going on. I barely understand the rules myself.

Just spreading a little light to my fellow Nebraska peers saw a may 5, 2017 application was approved out of Nebraska it came from India. Funny how they randomly select these cases an then right back to Nov 2016. I'm trying to stay focused on going to see my husband soon. Stay positive my Nebraska peeps😉😉 we all shall get there soon.

5 hours ago, Dilorena said:

totally get it, :) I'm Spanish speaking too and some emotions are hard to convey in English!

I am really, really happy for you. I wish you a speedy, bump free ride in NVC and that you'll be reunited soon!

Thanks @Dilorena hope you have news son too!

3 hours ago, acidrain said:

I love everything you wrote, we are so much alike! 

My husband is incredibly positive, and I try my best to keep up. I firmly believe that there has to be some form of karmic retribution in trying to keep others emotionally stable, which is not an easy task considering what we have to go through. Just as you, I used to have privilege, I was completely ignorant when it came to immigration. It is quite funny, because a lot o people (especially U.S citizens) have this idea in their minds that we all Mexicans are alike. The fact that some can be English speaking, cultured, light skinned,   college educated, with money, baffles them. Just as you, the possibility of migrating illegally was never considered, because even though this is incredibly frustrating, the aftermath of just overstaying or even entering illegally, would be far worse. but I completely understand why a lot of people opt to marry on a tourist VISA and adjust from the inside. Even many of my aunts did it, and when one of them was talking about it and just  exclaimed ''but why is it taking so long, I just did my biometrics and I was here with my husband the whole time'' I felt like punching her on the face. Friends would do the dreaded ''OMG, I don't know how you guys do it, I wouldn't/couldn't'' 

If you're planning on gathering people for a mass complaint at the Ombudsman, count me in. I don't know what to do, and if more people got together and try to fight it I'd be on board. I know it's a long shot, like you've said, if he can't expedite no one can. I can't believe they punish people with a 60 day delay after a complaint. That is indeed a very vindictive, non profesional way to deal with their on wrongdoings. Everyone I've talked to have also exclaimed in shock that they can't believe this is the system the U.S has, that it is deeply flawed and that we shouldn't have to go through this. 

I still don't know enough about immigration to figure out why can't we be with our loved ones, at least after USCIS's approval. I understand background checks are needed, and ultimately they're trying to protect the United States from ''bad hombres'' (couldn't help myself) but it also prevents a lot of honest, good families from being together. Another thing completely spot on about what you said, is the fact that I find incredibly ironic that you have to do everything you can to prove your relationship is real, and in the meantime they do everything to break you apart. Sure it might not be ''intentional'' but like you mentioned, it tests everything about yourself and your marriage, and it's putting both of us in a lot of emotional and even financial distress. We constantly fight because we're incredibly frustrated we can't be together, we're both on edge and vulnerable right now. And learning that I might still have four months to go before we even get approved, fearing RFEs, is utterly ridiculous. 

I had a previous CR1 approved, that took less than 6 months. But unfortunately it was with my ex husband and we stopped before we reached NVC, the relationship didn't work and we got a divorce, so that's added pressure/stress because I'm worried USCIS will think I'm just trying to marry for the green card, which dear Lord couldn't be more wrong. I literally just want to be with my husband, and it isn't easy for him to move since he has a job he loves and we decided to try this option first, since my job can be easily moved. But like you said, having to go through  this in a very young marriage is more than I ever anticipated, and today has been particularly hard. 

And we have hopefully a safe space here to vent/share our experiences. No one but us know what's going on, barely as you said. We at least have to stick together. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

03/15/18 Case complete! 

200w.gif

2 hours ago, Dilorena said:

My husband is incredibly positive, and I try my best to keep up. I firmly believe that there has to be some form of karmic retribution in trying to keep others emotionally stable, which is not an easy task considering what we have to go through. Just as you, I used to have privilege, I was completely ignorant when it came to immigration. It is quite funny, because a lot o people (especially U.S citizens) have this idea in their minds that we all Mexicans are alike. The fact that some can be English speaking, cultured, light skinned,   college educated, with money, baffles them. Just as you, the possibility of migrating illegally was never considered, because even though this is incredibly frustrating, the aftermath of just overstaying or even entering illegally, would be far worse. but I completely understand why a lot of people opt to marry on a tourist VISA and adjust from the inside. Even many of my aunts did it, and when one of them was talking about it and just  exclaimed ''but why is it taking so long, I just did my biometrics and I was here with my husband the whole time'' I felt like punching her on the face. Friends would do the dreaded ''OMG, I don't know how you guys do it, I wouldn't/couldn't'' 

If you're planning on gathering people for a mass complaint at the Ombudsman, count me in. I don't know what to do, and if more people got together and try to fight it I'd be on board. I know it's a long shot, like you've said, if he can't expedite no one can. I can't believe they punish people with a 60 day delay after a complaint. That is indeed a very vindictive, non profesional way to deal with their on wrongdoings. Everyone I've talked to have also exclaimed in shock that they can't believe this is the system the U.S has, that it is deeply flawed and that we shouldn't have to go through this. 

I still don't know enough about immigration to figure out why can't we be with our loved ones, at least after USCIS's approval. I understand background checks are needed, and ultimately they're trying to protect the United States from ''bad hombres'' (couldn't help myself) but it also prevents a lot of honest, good families from being together. Another thing completely spot on about what you said, is the fact that I find incredibly ironic that you have to do everything you can to prove your relationship is real, and in the meantime they do everything to break you apart. Sure it might not be ''intentional'' but like you mentioned, it tests everything about yourself and your marriage, and it's putting both of us in a lot of emotional and even financial distress. We constantly fight because we're incredibly frustrated we can't be together, we're both on edge and vulnerable right now. And learning that I might still have four months to go before we even get approved, fearing RFEs, is utterly ridiculous. 

I had a previous CR1 approved, that took less than 6 months. But unfortunately it was with my ex husband and we stopped before we reached NVC, the relationship didn't work and we got a divorce, so that's added pressure/stress because I'm worried USCIS will think I'm just trying to marry for the green card, which dear Lord couldn't be more wrong. I literally just want to be with my husband, and it isn't easy for him to move since he has a job he loves and we decided to try this option first, since my job can be easily moved. But like you said, having to go through  this in a very young marriage is more than I ever anticipated, and today has been particularly hard. 

And we have hopefully a safe space here to vent/share our experiences. No one but us know what's going on, barely as you said. We at least have to stick together. 

Hey girl~ Sorry to hear you have to go through all those complications now i understand why you are so stressed and yes, it's all about how they look at you and at that point we are all so vulnerable there's nothing we can do about it. As a Chinese looking person from Hong Kong i would be mistaken as one of the notorious overnight-rich mainland Chinese tourist who are the MOST POPULAR tourist in the world.. And no one knows it better who we truly are....I think you will get through USCIS no problem as long as the info you submitted shows a tight relationship between you, my guess is maybe the scrutiny / questions will come at a later stage when you see the consulate. But you will be fine because you will be able to answer them face to face and there's nothing to be afraid of!!

Indeed if my husband is willing to move to my city, it would only take 6 weeks, and he can be here during those 6 weeks as well. But it is a mutual decision for us to stay in US in terms of living environment, jobs and education etc so that's what we signed up for and we just have to live with it until we got approved...

6 hours ago, Dilorena said:

By the sounds of your writing in your post, you sound very honest, very much caring and loving to your honest and your marriage, the consulate will see that even with their hard on questions about your previous marriage. You'll be ok, don't let it bring you down so much even though it's hard to smile for any one of us through this whole process. Maybe you can try calling again but instead of asking why it's taking so long, just ask that you wanted to ask how your case is doing so that there's no tensions during your call. 

6 hours ago, JonnyKtao said:

By the sounds of your writing in your post, you sound very honest, very much caring and loving to your honest and your marriage, the consulate will see that even with their hard on questions about your previous marriage. You'll be ok, don't let it bring you down so much even though it's hard to smile for any one of us through this whole process. Maybe you can try calling again but instead of asking why it's taking so long, just ask that you wanted to ask how your case is doing so that there's no tensions during your call. 

That is incredibly sweet, thank you so much. I will be honest of course, I'm not worried about the questions and I'm prepared to explain my previous CR1, I even have documents from my therapist when I started visiting her during my separation in 2015. It is indeed hard to smile, but we have to keep going because the alternative is to give up and not be with our loved ones. I actually haven't called them after all the horror stories, and I don't believe calling can do anything. I will do so if we go beyond the estimated approval time, and I always try to be as nice as possible on the phone, I know they're just trying to do their jobs. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

03/15/18 Case complete! 

200w.gif

1 hour ago, Timam1 said:

Hello everyone, I'm also a February filer ... Sent 2nd February, noa1 21st February, filed at Potomac. Please Anything from February filers YSC?

You should hear from them soon. I saw a feb 13 case got approved. Mine is Feb 28. Guess we are getting close..

@Timam1 @Indi91 the my was approved. But on the page for review the case is not update yet it arrived for mail. So check the mail box. Hope everyone in February have their noa2

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My US Citizen petition I 130 for minor child step son was received on Feb 25 , 2017 and processed by TSC

Still no news yet .  

Last year , my wife petitioned him as minor child of permanent resident ( IR -1 ) .  Unfortunately, US Post Office did not deliver the RFE to our mail box . After not responding for 2 months, the case then denied and closed.  Really sucks ! I did not know that I could file for my step son . It actually the better step since there is no need to wait for a visa priority . 

I become worry what if the mail is not delivered by the post office this time ?  Will I come to know there is RFE or notice when I log on the USCIS case status ?  Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.