2,192 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, T_McCann said:

Have infopass appt tomorrow morning in Orlando. If we get no real answers, we are just going to file for EAD/AP renewal. 

good luck! 

03/14/2017 AOS package arrived (I-485, I-765, I-130, I-131)

03/23/2017 1st NOAs received (text and emails for all 4 forms)

03/23/2017 check cashed 

03/27/2017 1st NOAs received in mail

04/22/2017 biometric letter 

05/03/2017 biometric appointment 

05/09/2017 case is ready to be scheduled for interview 

07/03/2017 EAD card is being produced 

07/07/2017 EAD card is mailed to me

04/03/2018 Filed for EAD renewal 

06/15/2018 AOS interview was scheduled 

06/21/2018 received interview letter 

07/23/2018 interview

07/24/2018 case approved 

07/28/2018 card in hand 

Hey guys,

My wife still hasn't received anything after getting the EAD and her AP.

We went to the local office in Atlanta 3 times and every time they said that all we could do was wait.

On our last visit, they said that our case was assigned to an officer on October 19, 2017. 

The case status still says fingerprint fee received on feb 28, 2017. 

What should we do? Should we reapply for the EAD and AP? 

renewing my ead before the end of the month since it expires 6/6/2018

I am not even looking at the gc application status anymore. It will be a year since i filed tomorrow.

Cant believe it is taking this long

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, _Mia_ said:

Hi guys! We filed for our AOS with AP and EAD on January 29th and we received text and email with our case numbers on 6th February 😊

congratulations! finally.. hope ours too.

On 2/7/2018 at 5:18 PM, Kratos12 said:

renewing my ead before the end of the month since it expires 6/6/2018

I am not even looking at the gc application status anymore. It will be a year since i filed tomorrow.

Cant believe it is taking this long

ours too :(

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone,

Our AOS application is taking forever too.  So frustrating.  I finally got fed up and called a Tier 2 rep this week and she said my application is still sitting at NBC.  She said there aren't any notes on it being a potential interview waiver but it could still be waived.  For the life of me I can't understand why it wouldn't have been sent to San Francisco (my local office) already if I am not getting a waiver.  Like do they just throw them in a pile and ignore them for a year, ha ha.  She also told me I was silly for not already submitting my EAD/AP renewal because mine comes up end of April.  I sent it in this weekend but know I won't get the card on time but at least we get the extension so I can work.  Oh well, the entire system is just so broken.  It makes me miss Canada even more!

Best of luck to everyone!

It's been a year.. ..OMG! To all of you who are still waiting like me... 

I got a response to my SR "Due to workload factors not related to your case, USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case.  USCIS is committed to adjudicating immigration benefits in the order received and in a timely and efficient manner. We regret any inconvenience that results from delays in processing."

This is just depressing.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 2/11/2018 at 12:59 PM, CaliforniaBoy5 said:

Hey everyone,

Our AOS application is taking forever too.  So frustrating.  I finally got fed up and called a Tier 2 rep this week and she said my application is still sitting at NBC.  She said there aren't any notes on it being a potential interview waiver but it could still be waived.  For the life of me I can't understand why it wouldn't have been sent to San Francisco (my local office) already if I am not getting a waiver.  Like do they just throw them in a pile and ignore them for a year, ha ha.  She also told me I was silly for not already submitting my EAD/AP renewal because mine comes up end of April.  I sent it in this weekend but know I won't get the card on time but at least we get the extension so I can work.  Oh well, the entire system is just so broken.  It makes me miss Canada even more!

Best of luck to everyone!

Hi! I am a March filer (March 3rd) and my EAD/AP will expire in June. Since as soon we apply for EAD/AP renewal we get the 6 months extension is there any rush in doing it (before it expires, of course)? I still have hope that my case will be approved meanwhile. Any thoughts?

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Day1989 said:

Hi! I am a March filer (March 3rd) and my EAD/AP will expire in June. Since as soon we apply for EAD/AP renewal we get the 6 months extension is there any rush in doing it (before it expires, of course)? I still have hope that my case will be approved meanwhile. Any thoughts?

Hi, the Tier 2 person I spoke to basically said because of all the delays that they had right now it was better for me to get it in as soon as possible.  Especially since I can't afford to lose my job if something happens. 

I look at it this way, I have nothing to lose by submitting the renewal except the $20 on new pictures and $10 in postage.  I have a lot to lose, my job and income, if something happens and they don't process my renewal on time or the first one gets lost etc.  For me I'm not prepared to take the risk and wait.  With that said, mine expires end of April so much sooner than yours.  Basically the choice is up to you and how much risk you are willing to take.  At this point even just getting the approval or card is taking a long time for some people and that's if you get an interview scheduled.  

Edited by CaliforniaBoy5

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, CaliforniaBoy5 said:

Hi, the Tier 2 person I spoke to basically said because of all the delays that they had right now it was better for me to get it in as soon as possible.  Especially since I can't afford to lose my job if something happens. 

I look at it this way, I have nothing to lose by submitting the renewal except the $20 on new pictures and $10 in postage.  I have a lot to lose, my job and income, if something happens and they don't process my renewal on time or the first one gets lost etc.  For me I'm not prepared to take the risk and wait.  With that said, mine expires end of April so much sooner than yours.  Basically the choice is up to you and how much risk you are willing to take.  At this point even just getting the approval or card is taking a long time for some people and that's if you get an interview scheduled.  

That makes total sense. If your NOA1 takes forever to be sent then you wouldn't be able to prove the extension. Thank you for your opinion, I think I will do the same by the end of this month!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Day1989 said:

I just sent my renewal application today. Its better to be sure.

Timeline
40 minutes ago, CaliforniaBoy5 said:

Hi! did you send it on this address;

131 South Dearborn - 3rd floor

Chicago, IL? 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, ifdv said:

Hi! did you send it on this address;

131 South Dearborn - 3rd floor

Chicago, IL? 

Yes, I sent it by FedEx so that is the address that I used as I am adjusting under category (c)(9).

Timeline
20 minutes ago, CaliforniaBoy5 said:

Yes, I sent it by FedEx so that is the address that I used as I am adjusting under category (c)(9).

same here. thank you. mine expires on May 5th.. its been a year since I filed AoS :(

Timeline
37 minutes ago, ifdv said:

same here. thank you. mine expires on May 5th.. its been a year since I filed AoS :(

Over a year for me too now.  Kind of depressing but we are powerless really to do anything so have to just sit and wait and keep our fingers crossed that our cases will be processed soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.