2,192 posts in this topic

No update yet when USCIS will resend my Green Card.

I submitted a case inquiry on November 29th and the document that I got in the mail last week says that the card should be mailed within the next 30 days...

I'm getting frustrated because I don't know what is so difficult about resending a Green Card.

ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
On 12/15/2017 at 4:47 PM, j217 said:

Hi.  Dallas field office too? I just saw you filed from Lewisville, TX

The field office is Miami 

Lewisville is where i filed the I-129F

Edited by tonyg279

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 12/15/2017 at 8:25 PM, Becci391 said:

I submitted a case inquiry on November 29th and the document that I got in the mail last week says that the card should be mailed within the next 30 days...

I'm getting frustrated because I don't know what is so difficult about resending a Green Card.

I am in the same boat.

My GC was returned as undeliverable late October and since the start of November I have submitted two resend requests and had an infopass meeting last week. It is very frustrating to say the least. Please keep me in the loop of your progress and likewise if I hear anything I'll pass it along.

50 minutes ago, Absolutely said:

I am in the same boat.

My GC was returned as undeliverable late October and since the start of November I have submitted two resend requests and had an infopass meeting last week. It is very frustrating to say the least. Please keep me in the loop of your progress and likewise if I hear anything I'll pass it along.

Sounds good. I will keep you updated.

I went to my Infopass meeting too. All what they told me is that I would have to file for an I-90 and I was like "Why should I? USCIS is in possession of the Green Card..."

Made two service requests since the end of October. Might have to to a third on on the 28th. That's when I hit day 30.

ROC Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Yay, looks like this will be a Merry Christmas! Just got my I-485 approval in the mail today - we had our interview on Dec 14 (in Seattle) and were apparently approved the same day. Just as for some others, the online tracker has yet to change, so we did not receive any text or email notification. 

Fingers crossed we don't run into any GC delivery issues... Good luck to those of you still waiting, they are chugging through cases so you'll get there!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
18 hours ago, Becci391 said:

Sounds good. I will keep you updated.

I went to my Infopass meeting too. All what they told me is that I would have to file for an I-90 and I was like "Why should I? USCIS is in possession of the Green Card..."

Made two service requests since the end of October. Might have to to a third on on the 28th. That's when I hit day 30.

The officer at mine reassured me I was approved and all was good, HQ just takes a while to resend it so sounds like I had a smoother experience. I may get my Congressman involved as well and get them to chase my SR for me, see if that assists with them resending it. It's all very frustrating isn't it.

1 hour ago, Absolutely said:

The officer at mine reassured me I was approved and all was good, HQ just takes a while to resend it so sounds like I had a smoother experience. I may get my Congressman involved as well and get them to chase my SR for me, see if that assists with them resending it. It's all very frustrating isn't it.

Been almost 3 weeks and I even haven't  received an email from USCIS saying that they resent my card...

It's frustrating when you know that they have your card...

ROC Timeline

Timeline
On 12/19/2017 at 11:31 AM, Becci391 said:

Been almost 3 weeks and I even haven't  received an email from USCIS saying that they resent my card...

It's frustrating when you know that they have your card...

The USCIS email and case tracking system seems to be pretty out of whack recently, I have not seen any case status updates since last month, but just got a note from USPS informed delivery that my card has shipped. If the estimate holds it will arrive 9 days after the interview/approval.

4 hours ago, NorthByNorthwest said:

The USCIS email and case tracking system seems to be pretty out of whack recently, I have not seen any case status updates since last month, but just got a note from USPS informed delivery that my card has shipped. If the estimate holds it will arrive 9 days after the interview/approval.

My card got approved back in October without an interview and was send out on October 21st. USPS messed it up and the card was sent back to USCIS.

I've been waiting for them to resend the card ever since. Oh and I made two service requests so far...I am SO pissed!!!

Edited by Becci391
ROC Timeline

Hoping someone could help me out here. So my local office is Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN and it appears they are processing cases from 31st July 2016. My current status is 'Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview' as of June 13, 2017. What I am worried about is will I have to file for a combo card extension/renewal? My combo card expires on May 15th 2018. Does does that come with more costs? Also wondering if my case will be waived, but I guess not if it says it's ready to be scheduled for an interview? One other thing, will I have to redo a medical since it's been over a year now or give more information towards that since it's been over a year now? Thanks! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 12/15/2017 at 9:25 PM, Becci391 said:

It says next 30 days it hasnt been 30 days yet. U have to wait. 

Timeline
On 12/26/2017 at 1:45 PM, Daithi182 said:

Hoping someone could help me out here. So my local office is Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN and it appears they are processing cases from 31st July 2016. My current status is 'Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview' as of June 13, 2017. What I am worried about is will I have to file for a combo card extension/renewal? My combo card expires on May 15th 2018. Does does that come with more costs? Also wondering if my case will be waived, but I guess not if it says it's ready to be scheduled for an interview? One other thing, will I have to redo a medical since it's been over a year now or give more information towards that since it's been over a year now? Thanks! 

The processing times have been going up, so I would certainly be prepared to extend EAD/AP - no additional fee is needed, but you do need to submit both I-131 and I-765 for extension in that case.

If the tracker says ready to be scheduled you would most likely NOT get a waiver. Also unless there is something missing in your medical file you should not need another medical as long as it was valid when you filed. My AOS interview was 15 months after my original K-1 medical exam, no issues.

2 hours ago, Khepri said:

It says next 30 days it hasnt been 30 days yet. U have to wait. 

Excuse me but I've been waiting since the end of October for USCIS to send my Green Card back!

Tomorrow will be day 30 and I have to make a THIRD service request in a row so yes, I have a reason to be pissed!

Edited by Becci391
ROC Timeline

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Becci391 said:

Excuse me but I've been waiting since the end of October for USCIS to send my Green Card back!

Tomorrow will be day 30 and I have to make a THIRD service request in a row so yes, I have a reason to be pissed!

So basically u been waiting for 90 days. Sound about right. They usually take that long to process a new card anyways. Hopefully by January u will have the updated card. If not having the card isnt affecting your daily life activities. I dont see why your pissed if it is just request an appointment to speak with them..  the good thing is your approved for your card alot of others haven't even gotten to that point yet. Your card is coming is just taken a lil time. Be patient n be thankful

Called USCIS this morning. I spoke with an immigration officer who said that a shipping label will be created soon abd and that I should expect the card in the mail within the next 10 to 14 days...

Edited by Becci391
ROC Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.