2,192 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, cchao said:

However, there is no any I-485 information in the NBC section, so I guess the closest thing is the Chicago Field Office which I should look into. Is it correct?

Thank you,

yes, if it's your local office

Edited by antoineD

Timeline:

• AOS application submitted: 1/28/17
  • NOA1 for 130/765: 2/24/17
  • NOA1 for 485: 3/2/17
  • Biometrics letter: 3/11/17
  • Biometrics appointment: 3/30/17
  • EAD in production: 5/23/17
  • EAD received: 5/26/17
  • AP application received: 9/15/17 
  • AP application approved: 12/2/17 
  • Interview Notice received: 12/23/17
  • AOS Interview: 1/23/18
  • Approval email/texts: 2/8/18
  • Green Card mailed (hopefully): 2/14/18

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey, for those who have had their card sent to them, have you received yours yet / how long did it take to turn up? My NOA2 has arrived but waiting on the physical card (My online profile said card was mailed to me on October 10th)...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Absolutely said:

Hey, for those who have had their card sent to them, have you received yours yet / how long did it take to turn up? My NOA2 has arrived but waiting on the physical card (My online profile said card was mailed to me on October 10th)...

Mine took exactly one week from the day they shipped. They shipped it on a Friday, and the card got here Friday the following week.

Timeline
1 hour ago, TL2016 said:

Mine took exactly one week from the day they shipped. They shipped it on a Friday, and the card got here Friday the following week.

Just checked on myuscis and usps have returned it as undeliverable. Strange as my NOA2 got to me safe and sound but at least I know where it is as opposed to it being delivered wrong!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Absolutely said:

Just checked on myuscis and usps have returned it as undeliverable. Strange as my NOA2 got to me safe and sound but at least I know where it is as opposed to it being delivered wrong!

USPS can be weird at times. Reach out to the USCIS hotline and see if you can get someone on the phone who can assist you with this.

1 hour ago, Absolutely said:

The same happened to me. The USPS status was "insufficient address" and the letter got sent back to USCIS. Received an email from them that I should make an appointment with my local field office...got the appointment for November 14th.

ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Timeline
On 10/31/2017 at 1:43 PM, Absolutely said:

Our status never changed. We didn't even know my husband got an interview waiver. We literally got the NOA2 letter saying congrats he would soon be getting his green card on the same day that he got his green card. This was only about a week and a half after we sent in the evidence they requested from us. 

07/18/2016- I-129F sent to Texas

7/22/2016- NOA1, case sent to CSC

7/28/2016- NOA1 by mail

09/06/2016-I-129F Approved

09/12/2016-NOA2 by mail

10/24/2016- Medical Interview

12/12/2016- Visa Interview and approval

12/29/2016- Visa issued

1/4/2017- Visa in hand 

1/7/2017- Entry into US 

2/8/2017- AOS and work auth package sent 

2/10/2017-Package received

3/1/2017-NOA's via text

3/4/2017-NOA's hard copy-missing all dates!!!!  

3/17/2017- NOA's came with correct info and dates 

3/30-2017-Biometrics in Orlando FL 

4/27/2017-EAD Approved 

5/05/2017- EAD in hand 

08/31/2017- Got RIFE 

09/28/2017- Sent RIFE Packet 

10/14/2017- Received green card w/ no interview 

07/11/2019- Sent Removal of Conditions Packet

08/07/2019- NOA by text and letter 

11/07/2019- Fingerprints taken

12/04/2020-Green card arrived w/ no interview (USCIS did not update online status)

I called USCIS on 10/23 to submit a request since my case hasn't been updated in a while. PD 2/17/17.  EAD appproved 4/28.

This is the response I received yesterday  through email: 

"Type of service requested:
-- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:
Due to workload factors not related to your case, USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case. USCIS is committed to adjudicating immigration benefits in the order received and in a timely and efficient manner.  We regret any inconvenience that results from delays in processing."

😕I guess I just have to keep waiting for my interview notice. I haven't received any RFE

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
30 minutes ago, j217 said:

Hey there. Does anyone know if you'll be asked to repeat the medical exam if it expires? I'm getting nervous because my medical exam is expiring soon (December) and I haven't gotten any schedule  on the interview yet. :unsure:

That's a really good question, I am in the same boat as you 😒😒

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

Hi all,
I have a quick question about the "processing times".

I am still waiting to hear anything on my AOS since the last update was "Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received" on February 28 2017.
According to the USCIS processsing times my local field office is "Processing Cases As Of Date:  October 10 2016". What is meant by processing?
Final decision?
They start working on the case?
How long in advance do they send out interview dates? (They have to budget some postal run time, etc.)

Maybe someone who has been approved and had an interview can give me some information...
We are considering to move and since there is so much trouble going on with address changes, I am hesitant to do so.

Thanks in advance.
Chris

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, ChrisMcFisch said:

Hi all,
I have a quick question about the "processing times".

I am still waiting to hear anything on my AOS since the last update was "Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received" on February 28 2017.
According to the USCIS processsing times my local field office is "Processing Cases As Of Date:  October 10 2016". What is meant by processing?
Final decision?
They start working on the case?
How long in advance do they send out interview dates? (They have to budget some postal run time, etc.)

Maybe someone who has been approved and had an interview can give me some information...
We are considering to move and since there is so much trouble going on with address changes, I am hesitant to do so.

Thanks in advance.
Chris

By processing times they mean they're processing cases they received in October 2016 you can always put in a service request online to see if you can get any more information on your case. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
14 minutes ago, dmcw8890 said:

By processing times they mean they're processing cases they received in October 2016 you can always put in a service request online to see if you can get any more information on your case. 

Thanks. 
However, my question still remains. What is meant by "processing" are they then literally about to start working on the case, or is this when they make a decision.
(Since some cases go without an interview and some require an interview - which my guess is: they have to schedule in advance and therefore take even longer).

I am considering a move and I'd like to figure out more about timing. So maybe some folks how have their GC now in hand can let me know more about the process.
How many weeks are usually between getting the interview date and the interview, etc...

Unfortunately, they won't respond to my service request because it is not outside the processing time (they do not assign an agent to my service request) and when I try to call them they can only read to me what I can see on myuscis anyway...

Edited by ChrisMcFisch

22 hours ago, dmcw8890 said:

just logged on to the check my case status and it says "new card is being produced" 

how long does it take for them to mail the card after it has been produced 

Usually 7 to 10 days.

ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.