phatnat

Filing for i601A in the US

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Ouch

Assuming you have no evidence of being inspected you file the I 601a to waive the ban you would get if you leave.

With an approved I 601A and I 130, I would assume 10 days or so to interview and obtain the Visa to come back

Issues I have seen have been where there have been other issues not waiverable by the I 601a, criminal record for example.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have spoken with a lawyer but I haven't retained him as yet because he's making it sound too easy.  So I wanted to do a little homework myself and I stumbled upon this site. 

I have done the FOIA request but not for the cbp, so I'm going to do that. Also what does AOS stand for? 

Are u saying that the I601A is asking to waive the ban ?? I was a little confused with your first paragraph. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Exactly the I 601a allows you to waive the ban before you leave, otherwise you use the I 601, but then you would be home for a long time.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok So It seems like I'm headed In the right direction with this lawyer then?? He specializes in waivers. That's the majority of his cases. But he hasn't done one for Jamaica. So I was doing my own homework because of that

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
27 minutes ago, phatnat said:

Ok So It seems like I'm headed In the right direction with this lawyer then?? He specializes in waivers. That's the majority of his cases. But he hasn't done one for Jamaica. So I was doing my own homework because of that

call lizz cannon.. she is a great waiver lawyer, one of the best.  also lauren scott is amazing too but she charges $$ way more money.. (lizz cannon worked under her for years). lizz will give you free feedback and tell u what ur case will take.. she only does waivers. same with laurel scott

if you came here legally, then ur overstay is forigven and u can stay.. if you didnt, then u need teh waiver but yes, it would be best to def call a lawyer that specializes in waivers! also, immigrate2us.net is much better then VJ for waivers.. lots of good feedback there bc its all waiver cases! 

Filed: Timeline
On 1/23/2017 at 2:20 PM, phatnat said:

hello I have some concerns with this i601A, that I would like clarity with before I file.

I have been in the states since I was 2 which is since 1979. my mother brought me here. i have no evidence of lawful entry. i was advised that i am eligible for this waiver. but after reading a few of these posts i am a little scared to do it.

1.i have no criminal record.

2. my I130 was already approved for me and my US citizen spouse.

3.If i apply for this waiver and i am approved, and i when to go to jamaica for my interview, is there a chance that i might not be able to return to my family?

4.Does anyone have an estimated time of how long will i have to stay in Jamaica for this process?

5. I was reading something about a ban??

6. what reasons can they deny me for? ( because i was reading that people were being denied, but it was for people already residing in Jamaica) I am in the states.

please if you know anything about this process for people living in the states without a criminal record please let me know.   all my family is here in the US.  I hope i am posting this in the right area.

Hello, I will advise to get a lawyer. I would not suggest to go back to Jamaica since you are already in the USA. Pay the ban and do not in any circumstances go back. My story is similar but our lawyer screwed us over, he never informed me on paying a ban. Went to my interview in Ciudad Juarez, MX and got denied and ban. All this could of have been avoided if we had paid the ban and been informed. Now i am paying the consequences and being away from my family. I have about 9 months away and patiently waiting for my I-601 to get approved. 

• 1 year later...
Filed: Other Country: Mali
Timeline

Hello guys i have a big concern about I-601a that i submitted since 6 april 2017, i did the biometric and everything, i have yet to hear from the immigration its been 10 months now, who should i contact to inquire about my case?

it seems to take forever.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 1/23/2017 at 8:51 PM, caliliving said:

call lizz cannon.. she is a great waiver lawyer, one of the best.  also lauren scott is amazing too but she charges $$ way more money.. (lizz cannon worked under her for years). lizz will give you free feedback and tell u what ur case will take.. she only does waivers. same with laurel scott

if you came here legally, then ur overstay is forigven and u can stay.. if you didnt, then u need teh waiver but yes, it would be best to def call a lawyer that specializes in waivers! also, immigrate2us.net is much better then VJ for waivers.. lots of good feedback there bc its all waiver cases! 

Right. Hire Lizz Cannon or Laurel Scott, and your IV is in hand 50%. And be optimistic, 601a waiver is right for you. If handled by Lizz or Laurel and assuming everything goes smoothly, you will probably return to US in less a year. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.