James&Edlie

Well its over now

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 8:09 PM, NuestraUnion said:

Almost a weekly occurrence heard hear on VJ.

Sadly in most cases I don't think they even care if they become illegal. For most the end goal is getting feet on US soil by any means necessary. There is a strong enough network here where an illegal can make a living.

That is another issue that's needs to be addressed.

Conventional thinking on this site says it's about a 50-50 chance whether or not you're going to have an interview when adjusting from a K visa. 

It has nothing to do with your country of origin, but certainly the amount of evidence of a bona fide marriage you provide is a factor. That being said, there is always a chance of an interview even with the best evidence possible, so that USCIS adjudicators are trained on what is a genuine marriage and what isn't. 

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Rebuttal.

Most spousal visas are like this:  They meet online, communicate online and decide they're in love.  The USC flies over, they meet for the VERY first time in person, acquire a marriage license, get married (all within 30 days of actually meeting), the USC flies home to file the I-130 IR/CR-1 visa. 

Fiancee:  They meet online, communicate online and decide they are in love, USC flies over and they meet in person, NO marriage, USC returns to the States and files the I-129F fiancee visa.  They continue to communicate online for many months while waiting for their petition to be approved, spending more time getting to know each other even better.  Petition is approved and they can finally file for their visa.  Visa is issued, fiancee flies to the USA, they still have up to 90 days to get married.     With a fiancee visa the couple has more time to get to know each other before marriage than with the spousal visa.

hmm ~

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

Rebuttal.

Most spousal visas are like this:  They meet online, communicate online and decide they're in love.  The USC flies over, they meet for the VERY first time in person, acquire a marriage license, get married (all within 30 days of actually meeting), the USC flies home to file the I-130 IR/CR-1 visa. 

Fiancee:  They meet online, communicate online and decide they are in love, USC flies over and they meet in person, NO marriage, USC returns to the States and files the I-129F fiancee visa.  They continue to communicate online for many months while waiting for their petition to be approved, spending more time getting to know each other even better.  Petition is approved and they can finally file for their visa.  Visa is issued, fiancee flies to the USA, they still have up to 90 days to get married.     With a fiancee visa the couple has more time to get to know each other before marriage than with the spousal visa.

hmm ~

So what do you think happens during the YEAR that the CR1 are waiting? We just stop talking to our spouses?  Do you not think that spending time in person is important for spousal visas? High fraud countries require more than one visit and some can spend years in AP even with several meetings and no red flags. The USC can still stop the process at anytime before the interview by either not submitting or withdrawing the I-864, just like with the AOS.   The difference is someone hasnt had to leave their home and move to a new country just to have their marriage not work anyhow.  Imagine how embarrassing it is for a K1 to change their entire life, move to a new country to be with someone they thought they love, or thinks loves them, and then be sent home with their tail between their legs when it doesnt work out.  No wonder K1 do false VAWA or stay in the USA illegally.  The difference is the USC isnt responsible anymore if they use means tested benefits.  Everyone else pays for them instead like it's our fault your marriage didnt work and you think this was a "get to know you" visa.   I get what you're saying about getting to know each other before marriage but you can do that as. CR1 too.  I also understand there are specifics due to where this is posted too; a country in which K1 vs CR1 is like 10 to 1. 

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not the point.  Minion thought the K-1 processed too fast.. thus the "reason" for the OP's issue.   I simply pointed out that the IR/CR-1 couple married much sooner that the K-1 so his thinking wasn't valid.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

4 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Not the point.  Minion thought the K-1 processed too fast.. thus the "reason" for the OP's issue.   I simply pointed out that the IR/CR-1 couple married much sooner that the K-1 so his thinking wasn't valid.

I agree the processing speed of the visa is not at fault.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Op, I'm sorry to hear what happened.  New Year's is a low blow....

Over the past 8 years I've known three fil-am couples.  In two couples the males lost their jobs back in the crash of 2008, since then they pretty much spend all their time being drunk.  The other couple seemed very functional.

The functional couple broke up.  The two Filipinas with the chronically drunk husbands are still married with the Filipina being the bread winner.  Go figure.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.