Klitt3rJ

January 2017 I-129F Filers

5,583 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I forgot to mention that the consul did not even look at any of the documents I brought other than the DS160. Didn't ask for photos. Not even the Affidavit of Support or a Certificate of Employment from Delta (since my fiance just started working there). I brought a clearbook as thick as a 500-page textbook and she didn't even look at it. :P 

Edited by HazeyHaze
I-129F Sent: 01/17/2017
NOA1: 01/19/2017 (NOA1 status), 01/23/2017 (NOA1 letter received)
RFE: 04/28/2017 (RFE status), 05/04/2017 (RFE letter received)

RFE Response Sent:

RFE Response Received:

NOA2:

NVC Received:

NVC Left:

READY Status:

Medical:

Psych Evaluation:

Interview:

Visa Received:

POE:

05/05/2017

05/09/2017

05/22/2017 (123 days from NOA1/13 days from the date RFE response was received)

06/06/2017

06/12/2017

06/13/2017

06/23/2017

07/05/2017

07/12/2017 (APPROVED!)

07/19/2017

08/05/2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
37 minutes ago, HazeyHaze said:

Alright, I have procrastinated long enough. I better write a full review of my interview before I forget most of the questions the CO asked me. Ha! :P

My interview was scheduled for July 12 at 6:40 am. When I got there just a little before 6 am, there were already a bunch of people outside. Most of them are companions of the applicants. 3 lines of hopefuls were standing under the rising sun, patiently waiting for the guards to let them in. They were lined up pretty far from the embassy entrance, though. I showed my appointment confirmation to the guard and he told me to go to the longest line, which is the line for those scheduled at 6:40 am. Batch numero uno.

The 2 other lines are for those scheduled at 7 something. I didn't really pay attention as I was already sweating, both feeling hot and nervous as heck. I couldn't pull out the reviewer I made from my clearbook for it would've caused my other documents to fly out and away from me. I couldn't risk losing them. I really wanted to review, though. I kept repeating my fiance's address, phone number, the number of tattoos he has and what they are, and even the number of moles on his face and which part they were placed. Mole on his right cheek. On his nose. He has a bunny tattoo on his right arm. 2 skeletons on his left calf. I must... remember!

After fifteen minutes, the guard told us to walk to the front of the building where there was a tent and two employees waiting. I thought to myself, oooh that pretty fast. Wrong. We stood under the tent for half an hour. My back and feet were killing me. I shouldn't have worn my new pair of shoes. My sweat was slowly erasing my makeup. I worked so hard on making myself look presentable. Damn, I shouldn't have put my blazer on yet. I couldn't take it off because I was holding my clearbook and my bag. Despite the discomfort, I tried very hard to remember everything I wrote on my reviewer. We've come this far, I must not fail. 

Finally, at around 6:40 am, they started letting people in. They gave us a ziplock bag to place our most recent passport in, asked for our DS160, put a sticker on it, gave us a laminated card with a letter and some numbers that correspond to the area we're supposed to go to for pre-screening. My card was A something something. As soon as I got inside, the usher guided me to the A area and the A area usher instructed me to go to window 43, where a serious-looking Filipino man was waiting for me. I greeted him good morning with a smile and he said it back, still looking serious. He asked for my DS160, NBI clearance, CENOMAR, and birth certificate. He didn't ask for my medical results because SLEC forwarded it to them since I went through psych evaluation. After a few seconds of typing, he started asking me his pre-screening questions.

Have you ever traveled outside the country?

What is your fiance's name?

When is his birthday? How old is he now?

Where did you meet him?

When did you start talking? When did you officially become

How many times has he visited you? When?

Where does he live?

Do you have photos together? Can you show me? (I showed him 10 pages of photos with a STORY in every page. He read some of the pages and didn't ask me any questions about the photos.)

What does he do for a living? Where?

Do you plan to work when you get there? (Don't say yes! I told him we haven't talked about it yet because right now all we wanna do is get married and that he really wants me to prepare food for him because he hasn't had a home-cooked meal in a long time. This made the Filipino guy smile.)

He asked quite a lot of questions but this was all done in less than five minutes. He wrote the time on my DS160 (6:46 am) and gave it back to me. He then instructed me to go to the next window, window 43, for the fingerprint scanning. A pretty strict-looking American guy was telling an old lady to put more lotion on her hands, so he let me do the fingerprint scanning first. Took about 30 seconds and then I was off to the interview section.

The usher asked me to take a seat next to this middle-aged Filipino lady because the consuls aren't there yet. I went from 15th (I think) in line to the 2nd, because the other applicants were taking a long time in the pre-screening stage. Some were old and slow and some had incomplete/incorrect documents. 20 minutes later, the line for the interview was already getting long. Still no consuls. We waited for around 5 to 10 more minutes, and then the usher asked the first 3 in line to go in front of the interview windows and wait for one to open. A few minutes later, an American man called the first person in line. Shortly after, I saw window 59 open, but I couldn't see if there was someone behind the window because it was in the corner. I walked up to it to check and a tall, slim American lady probably in her late twenties opened her arms wide with a cheeky smile as if she was saying, "Do you want to come here or nah?". I smiled and said good morning. She greeted me back. All my nervousness went away instantly because she seemed super cool and nice. She was kinda dorky, and she talked really, really fast. She too my DS160, asked me to take the oath, and began asking me her questions.

Where did you meet your fiance?

How did you two start talking?

Why him and not the other guys from OKCupid? (I told her I didn't message my fiance because he was in Japan at the time and I thought he wouldn't be interested, but he saw me visit his profile because he was online and he messaged me saying "HOW DARE YOU NOT SEND ME A MESSAGE, WOMAN!" and I thought that was funny so I responded. The consul and the 2 Filipino employees behind her laughed. xD)

Why was he in Japan then? (I told her he was in the military.)

Is he still in the military? (Nope.)

Where does he work now and what does he do? (My fiance works at Delta Airlines. She was interested so she asked me a few follow-up questions.)

Does he get free tickets to fly anywhere? Has he used them to come see you? (I said he hasn't because he just started working at Delta this May.)

How many times has he visited you and when were those?

What did you do the first time he came to see you? (I told her we mostly ate and that I took him to Manam where they serve the best sisig, and she asked me where that is because she loves sisig, too. :P At this point, I already felt that she was going to give me an approval. Haha!)

Where will you be living when you get to the states?

She then asked me to put my 4 fingers on the scanner. She joked that she remembered to do the fingerprint scanning this time. She was so proud of herself. Haha! I and the 2 Filipina employees laughed. She then asked a few more questions.

Has he been married before? How about you?

Does he have kids? And you?

And then, STAMP! Music to my ears. She said "Well, I'm all good. I don't see any reason not to approve you, so congratulations and good luck to you!". She gave me the slip that tells me how to register my address online and told me my passport will be sent back to me in a week. She gave me the mandatory pamphlet and let me go home. I was stunned. I couldn't believe this was actually happening. It's all over! We made it! I'll be with my love soon! 

The consul asked more questions than the Filipino guy, but since she talked really fast and I answered each question very quickly, the interview was over after five minutes. I passed by the first woman in line who was still being interviewed. The consul looked very serious and she was leaning close to the window as if she was having a hard time comprehending what the consul was saying. I hope she got approved. She's a nice lady just wanting to be with her love. 

Anyway, I couldn't feel my entire body - heck, even my soul - as I walked out, but I sure as hell felt like a champ. 15th something in line, 2nd to be interviewed, first to be approved. I ran to my mother who was waiting outside to tell her the good news. She was so happy and sad at the same time. I checked the time on my phone, 7:53 am. I sent my fiance a message to tell him we have been approved and I messaged some of my friends, too. 

As soon as we got home, I passed out (I didn't get any sleep the night before because I was so nervous and I couldn't stop reading denial stories online lol) with the biggest smile on my face. No more stressful nights worrying if fate wants me to be with the love of my life. :P

I hope you enjoyed my review... erm, story. I sure talk a lot for an introvert. :D

This is so cute! :)  Congratulations! Now get ready to pack up! :) 

8 hours ago, HazeyHaze said:

CEAC status is now Issued. That was very quick! Looks like I am getting my visa next week. :)

It's super quick isn't it?! My interview was yesterday morning and it's already changed to Issued on CEAC! Woo!

25 Jan: I-129F Sent from Berlin | 27 Jan: NOA-1 | 01 May: RFE19 May: NOA-2

03 Jun: NVC Received | 20 Jun: NVC Issued Case Number | 23 Jun: Case Ready 

29 Jun: Medical | 03 Jul: Packet 3 received & sent | 13 Jul: Interview | 20 Jul: Visa In Hand

07 Aug: POE | 06 Sep: AOS Sent | 15 Sep: NOA-1 | 15 Oct: RFE | 29 Nov: EAD/AP/AOS NOA-2 | 06 Dec: EAD/AP In Hand

02 Jan: AOS Interview | 08 Jan: GC Received

04 Oct: I-751 Filed | 10 Oct: GC Extended

18 Aug: I-751 Approved | 04 Oct: N-400 Window Open + Filed

18 Apr: Biometrics Reuse | 14 Jun: Interview

Timeline
2 hours ago, HazeyHaze said:

I forgot to mention that the consul did not even look at any of the documents I brought other than the DS160. Didn't ask for photos. Not even the Affidavit of Support or a Certificate of Employment from Delta (since my fiance just started working there). I brought a clearbook as thick as a 500-page textbook and she didn't even look at it. :P 

So Happy For You.  Now get moving almost time to go :)  Hoping will will see the ISSUED message soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Any applicants who have had their K1 interview recently in Sydney - I have a few questions about the I-134 form. (My Sydney interview is coming up very soon!).

My fiance is above the 100% poverty guidelines requirement. Has anyone had any issues with this? From what I've read, Sydney only require the 100%. Is this correct?

He also has 'rounded' figures on the I-134 form; not exact ones. So for example, his salary on the I-134 form is rounded up to the nearest thousand; so it's very slightly different to what's on his tax return. Is this going to be an issue? Does the I-134 info have to match the supporting documents EXACTLY?

And finally - my fiance is self-employed, so we've included his latest tax return, along with his latest few months of pay stubs. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Timeline
8 minutes ago, sande17 said:

@HazeyHaze You said 'Don't say yes, that you want to work in the States'.

I'm wondering why you advise against saying  yes to that? (If you plan to work once you're legally allowed to - what's wrong with that?)

Because they will think you're marrying your fiance for the wrong reasons, especially if you live in a third world country. Sadly, there are people who marry someone from the US just so they can live in the US, or find a job there. Anyway, even if you don't live in a third world country, I still suggest you don't say yes, just to be on the safe side. Now, I am not encouraging anyone to say no. Just say that you haven't thought or talked about what you'll do or if you will work when you get there, and that your main reason for going there is to marry your fiance. Just a suggestion, of course.

Edited by HazeyHaze

RFE Response Sent:

RFE Response Received:

NOA2:

NVC Received:

NVC Left:

READY Status:

Medical:

Psych Evaluation:

Interview:

Visa Received:

POE:

05/05/2017

05/09/2017

06/06/2017

06/12/2017

06/13/2017

06/23/2017

07/05/2017

07/12/2017 (APPROVED!)

07/19/2017

08/05/2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, HazeyHaze said:

Because they will think you're marrying your fiance for the wrong reasons, especially if you live in a third world country. Sadly, there are people who marry someone from the US just so they can live in the US, or find a job there. Anyway, even if you don't live in a third world country, I still suggest you don't say yes, just to be on the safe side. Now, I am not encouraging anyone to say no. Just say you haven't talked or thought about it, and that your main reason for going there is to marry your fiance.

Ah I see what you mean. Okay that's good advice! I wasn't sure what I was going to say to that question - we haven't really decided re: me working either. Thank you for the insight.

Timeline
Just now, sande17 said:

Ah I see what you mean. Okay that's good advice! I wasn't sure what I was going to say to that question - we haven't really decided re: me working either. Thank you for the insight.

You're welcome. I've heard of people who said YES to that, and they said they were asked for further proof of a bona fide relationship since that answer made the CO question the beneficiary's intentions. So yup, just play it safe. :)

RFE Response Sent:

RFE Response Received:

NOA2:

NVC Received:

NVC Left:

READY Status:

Medical:

Psych Evaluation:

Interview:

Visa Received:

POE:

05/05/2017

05/09/2017

06/06/2017

06/12/2017

06/13/2017

06/23/2017

07/05/2017

07/12/2017 (APPROVED!)

07/19/2017

08/05/2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.