The Nature  Boy

Make no mistake. Trump will build that wall on the Mexican border

136 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline
13 minutes ago, MarkPerry said:

You do realize the illegals working now make at least minimum wage.  Why would the price increase? If you don't have legal workers then you bring in seasonal worker from around the world.  I know a whole country named Philippines, most of the people would think they are in heaven if they could come to the USA for a few months each year and make $7.25 per hour or what ever current minimum wage is. 

The illegals in my area want $140 per day cash, or $17 per hour.  I am thinking tomatoes will probably be cheaper than current prices if we bring in workers from other countries.

This from your previous comment, which is it "they will be paid more" or "why would the price increase ?"  Don't you realize that

a business passes on higher overhead to the consumer ? That goes to all your tariffs and taxes on businesses who are

facing penalties when moving their company out of the US. Not that I disagree with that but if you think the increased penalties

won't be passed on you are in lala land and just plain misinformed. Economics is a complex issue and if you squeeze this ballon

on one end it will bulge out on another. I am in favor of tighter immigration laws and companies bringing jobs back here

but I am also understanding the other side of the coin to it all. Do you ? It's not all puppy dogs and rainbows with Trump

mania.

" What small business relies on illegal immigrants?  I am in the heart of Dallas we have as many if not more than most area.  I do see crews made up of illegals.  Landscape, Roofers, construction but not very many.  I do see Landscape. and roofing companies owned by illegals and they don't pay taxes nor collect sales tax. 

Yes there will be some industries that will have a shortage of labor, but these will be filled by American who used to do them.  They will be paid more, but they will also pay taxes and help our economy.  Now a lot of money paid to illegals goes back to Mexico and does nothing for the US economy.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline
1 hour ago, MarkPerry said:

Very True, too many people have learned how to work the welfare system.  They sit home and collect free rent, free electrical, and keep having baby hood rats.  While there boyfriend will come stay at the Section 8 house and deal drugs.  Then have a car with $3,000 rims.

That is pennies compared to the real government waste, corporate welfare and tax and the wealthy hiding their money in offshore bank accounts.

As for hungry bellies, there would be some hill billy -red neck - trailer trash that would be forced to work but it is not an army of

field worker bees. Blowing up the garage is their thing because they do love their Meth and show off their new Harley Davidson's.

I won't go as far as calling their innocent babies trailer trash rats but you get my point precise and clear eh ?

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: Timeline
7 hours ago, Ebunoluwa said:

This from your previous comment, which is it "they will be paid more" or "why would the price increase ?"  Don't you realize that

a business passes on higher overhead to the consumer ? That goes to all your tariffs and taxes on businesses who are

facing penalties when moving their company out of the US. Not that I disagree with that but if you think the increased penalties

won't be passed on you are in lala land and just plain misinformed. Economics is a complex issue and if you squeeze this ballon

on one end it will bulge out on another. I am in favor of tighter immigration laws and companies bringing jobs back here

but I am also understanding the other side of the coin to it all. Do you ? It's not all puppy dogs and rainbows with Trump

mania.

" What small business relies on illegal immigrants?  I am in the heart of Dallas we have as many if not more than most area.  I do see crews made up of illegals.  Landscape, Roofers, construction but not very many.  I do see Landscape. and roofing companies owned by illegals and they don't pay taxes nor collect sales tax. 

Yes there will be some industries that will have a shortage of labor, but these will be filled by American who used to do them.  They will be paid more, but they will also pay taxes and help our economy.  Now a lot of money paid to illegals goes back to Mexico and does nothing for the US economy.

As I said previous something will cost more, I think in the construction industry and landscape industry prices will increase due to the work being done again by US citizens.  The upside to that is the work will be much better quality and not have to be repaired in few years like it is now.  The illegal doing the work now of day is how fast can we do the job and quality goes out the window.  They just want the money to send home to Mexico and other countries south of the border.

Bringing in seasonal worker to pick fruits, There will be no price increase. There are people all over the world who would be thrilled to come work in the USA for 3 months a year for minimum wage. 

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, MarkPerry said:

Do you know the history of Germany after WW2

Yeah, but why don't you tell me your version again. It was interesting the last time around.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

5 hours ago, MarkPerry said:

As I said previous something will cost more, I think in the construction industry and landscape industry prices will increase due to the work being done again by US citizens.  The upside to that is the work will be much better quality and not have to be repaired in few years like it is now.  The illegal doing the work now of day is how fast can we do the job and quality goes out the window.  They just want the money to send home to Mexico and other countries south of the border.

Bringing in seasonal worker to pick fruits, There will be no price increase. There are people all over the world who would be thrilled to come work in the USA for 3 months a year for minimum wage. 

what a total crock.

and as far as season workers picking fruits - you think this doesn't already happen? i live in the apple capital, seasonal workers here on work visas every year. 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, smilesammich said:

what a total crock.

and as far as season workers picking fruits - you think this doesn't already happen? i live in the apple capital, seasonal workers here on work visas every year. 

I've met a few in Florida when I was working at a strip club.  They'd be in the USA for citrus season then up to Canada for berry and apple season.

11 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

what a total crock.

We don't have fruits to harvest here. We have cattle ranches and construction and those are worked by Illegal aliens.    I am glad they have seasonal workers come in and work, I am good as long as they do it legally.  This just disproves the other poster who was saying a tomato would cost $5 each.

Just now, MarkPerry said:

We don't have fruits to harvest here. We have cattle ranches and construction and those are worked by Illegal aliens.    I am glad they have seasonal workers come in and work, I am good as long as they do it legally.  This just disproves the other poster who was saying a tomato would cost $5 each.

well that my dear, is all on the cattle ranch OWNERS and the construction company OWNERS. if texas has such terrible luck with illegal immigrants - why do texan business owners hire them?

i feel like you don't understand how this works..fruit pickers are brought in on visas so we can pay them chump change. if americans picked fruit, and were paid a living wage to do so, a tomato would probably cost more than five bucks.

9 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

i feel like you don't understand how this works..fruit pickers are brought in on visas so we can pay them chump change. if americans picked fruit, and were paid a living wage to do so, a tomato would probably cost more than five bucks.

I have pretty good grasp on wages for seasonal workers or H1B.  Per the law they must be paid the going amount.  I would assume fruit pickers make minimum wage or just above.    You call it chump change, they call it making a lot of  money.  Bring in some people from the Philippines to pick fruits. 

A registered Nurse only makes $8 per day, they would stand in line for miles to get a chance to make 8 to 10x that amount in USA and send it back home.

13 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

well that my dear, is all on the cattle ranch OWNERS and the construction company OWNERS. if texas has such terrible luck with illegal immigrants - why do texan business owners hire them?

Some of the larger ranches are ran by the Cartel and they hire only illegals, Some of the larger construction companies are owned by the Mexican cartel and they hire illegals.  The rest of the people hire them because they work so cheap.

Just now, MarkPerry said:

I have pretty good grasp on wages for seasonal workers or H1B.  Per the law they must be paid the going amount.  I would assume fruit pickers make minimum wage or just above.    You call it chump change, they call it making a lot of  money.  Bring in some people from the Philippines to pick fruits. 

A registered Nurse only makes $8 per day, they would stand in line for miles to get a chance to make 8 to 10x that amount in USA and send it back home.

it's chump change for an american worker, but then again so is minimum wage (not a living wage at all). why bring in workers from the philippines to do migrant fruit picking? that's a lot of travel cost. 

fyi, here they do not at all get paid minimum wage. they get paid by the bushel.

1 minute ago, MarkPerry said:

Some of the larger ranches are ran by the Cartel and they hire only illegals, Some of the larger construction companies are owned by the Mexican cartel and they hire illegals.  The rest of the people hire them because they work so cheap.

still on texas buddy. sounds like ya'lls leadership needs to tighten the reigns. you're seriously stating that a business hiring illegals immigrants in texas is either cartel or okay because it's just so cheap..SMH.