Joe and Mike

Adjustment of Status after entering US with Visa Waiver

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi everybody! 

My name is Andrew. I've been reading and doing some research on this topic, entering the US on a Visa Waiver program, marrying and then AOS and all the time I found two sides of the story: yes, you can, it's an easy process and no, too risky, you well get denied! SO, for a start, here's my story!

I met a guy 6 months ago on OKcupid and we instantly connected. We both feel such a strong bond between us, we're soulmates that have finally found eachother after such a long time, going through heartbreakes, being dissapointed through life. Now we found eachother and we just can't seem to be able to let eachother go! We love eachother so much... he lives in Seattle, WA and I live in Romania. After 6 months of dating, he decided to visit me on Christmas. It was the Christmas of my entire life! Best 7 days of my life! after we saw eachother live and we knew right in that moment that we also connected physically, not just through a screen we knew it was meant to be. 

And so we had a long talk about next time we'll meet. Because of the curent circumstances, both of us being in school ( I'm about to graduate this year in May and he next year in June) we won't really have that much spare time to meet again. We'be been throwing our brains out with a solution and we came up with this! 

I would be done with all of my school in July this year. After that I would qualify for the Visa Waiver Program and get a temporary tourist visa to visit him for 3 months. But in those 3 months, I would also be visiting some friends of my dads in PA. We would then meet up again in Septemer at his best friends wedding where I will go with him as his date (so excited!!!!) where he would also propose... That would be after 60 days since entering the US, so from the research I've made and all the other topics I've read, IF you get married in the US after entering the country with a tourist visa, the best moment should be after the first 60 days have passed. Then, two weeks after my 90 days visa expires, I would fly to Seattle and apply all of our papework overthere and stay there.

We have all the pictures, videos, evidence, everything to show them this is not a fake marriage, we love eachother. The only thing we musn't let them know is that we had this plan figured our waaaat before..which I realize it won't be that easy. 

I need your advice guys! Could this work, is a good plan or should we go back to the drawing board and apply for a K1? I've also made research about the K1 Fiancee visa, and yes it is "the safe way" towards AOS but a lot of people said that if we have all the evidence and we can prove that it wasn't our intent to do this, it's a very big possibilty and we could go this way.

I would like to thank all of you for your answers in advance! 

And a Happy New Year to all of you! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It can... but as stories you have read also maybe suggest is that entering on a tourist visa, or the VWP, with intent to stay in the US and adjust is fraudulent, and from what you said shows intent... so I don't recommend that route.

K-1 is the best legal route you can.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Planning to AoS from the VWP is fraud

apply now for a K1 visa and get married in the US after it is issued

Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Thank you for you answers! We had another talk yesterday and he insisted in going the legal way, I just wanted to know more about someone elses story too and opinions. If we want it to go as smoothly as possible, we'd better go with the K1. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

****** as Op is asking about immigrating illegally via the VWP, which is visa fraud and a TOS violation, this thread is now closed.  Op is free to create a new topic with any questions about the K1 *******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.