dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2017

1,509 posts in this topic

On 1/21/2017 at 2:37 PM, Joemamma said:

Great news  we are right behind you we hope   

Goodluck! I was trying to check out your timeline but it doesnt seem like you made one

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 20/01/2017 at 6:48 PM, parthptl said:

This time when I call NVC I am going to press 4 for Interview date

Does that make a difference for the wait time?

Today is our 10th week waiting.

Scan date November 14th

Supervisor Review December 23rd

Review department January 12th

I constantly feel like I'm going to cry and be physically ill.  I have come to HATE the weekends because no updates are available and no one is looking at our case. Praying as hard as possible and trying to stay positive, but it's becoming such a struggle. I am a very upbeat and bubbly person by nature so I am sorry to be posting so negatively :( Good luck to everyone again this week...

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

51 minutes ago, moneyman76542 said:

Goodluck! I was trying to check out your timeline but it doesnt seem like you made one

I didn't now not sure where to set it up.   

Scan date is 28 Nov and S.Review on 10 Jan.  I called today and they said the package was in Document Review.  I asked is that the Department or is someone physically looking at it.  She replied physically looking at it.  Now I wonder how long that will take.  She said something about the news and the changes that are coming, not sure if she's Dem or Rep so I keep my mouth shut on politics when on the phone.  

If anyone has any idea of the time it takes to physically review a package I d like to hear about that.  

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 21/01/2017 at 0:24 AM, AlexUA said:

Sorry guys, can you give some insight? ;) My category is employment based so AOS fee should not be payed. From the first day it's status is EXEMPT (not PAID as family-based visas).

Should this EXEMPT change to N/A when Case is Complete or my only way is to call-call-and-call NVC?....   As I understand Case status will show "At NVC" without any changes even after Case complete..

I'm in the same boat. i've had 3 N/As from the start, but not where they should be for CC. At AOS docs and IV docs. Would be intereting to find out how we know we have CC.

36 minutes ago, Joemamma said:

I didn't now not sure where to set it up.   

Scan date is 28 Nov and S.Review on 10 Jan.  I called today and they said the package was in Document Review.  I asked is that the Department or is someone physically looking at it.  She replied physically looking at it.  Now I wonder how long that will take.  She said something about the news and the changes that are coming, not sure if she's Dem or Rep so I keep my mouth shut on politics when on the phone.  

If anyone has any idea of the time it takes to physically review a package I d like to hear about that.  

I have the exact same dates, and they told me the exact same thing today! What a coincidence. I also asked the same question about whether it meant someone was physically looking. They told me "It is in the department to be physically looked at" so maybe a little bit behind. Mine is only 1 page from a checklist though so whenever someone does physically look at it, it will be quick.

Dem/Rep doesn't matter for us. There won't be any changes to CR-1 anytime soon I imagine. We aren't the "targets" since we are doing everything legal (and our reward is a very long wait time).

1 hour ago, parthptl said:

GOT THE CC Letter today!!! Now interview date in queue! *knock on wood* hopefully by the end of the month they scehdule it to us. 

yay!

1 hour ago, afortunada said:

Today is our 10th week waiting.

Scan date November 14th

Supervisor Review December 23rd

Review department January 12th

I constantly feel like I'm going to cry and be physically ill.  I have come to HATE the weekends because no updates are available and no one is looking at our case. Praying as hard as possible and trying to stay positive, but it's becoming such a struggle. I am a very upbeat and bubbly person by nature so I am sorry to be posting so negatively :( Good luck to everyone again this week...

any luck yet?..... our dates are similar....im waiting they keep telling me its in the review department...nothing yet

Edited by CSG

Filed: Timeline
19 minutes ago, bcking said:

I have the exact same dates, and they told me the exact same thing today! What a coincidence. I also asked the same question about whether it meant someone was physically looking. They told me "It is in the department to be physically looked at" so maybe a little bit behind. Mine is only 1 page from a checklist though so whenever someone does physically look at it, it will be quick.

Dem/Rep doesn't matter for us. There won't be any changes to CR-1 anytime soon I imagine. We aren't the "targets" since we are doing everything legal (and our reward is a very long wait time).

Why are you so sure? We are gay couple, and we are in constant fear right now, and every post like this makes us panic . :(

December 2009 - First met.

February 2010 - Start of our relationship <3
January 7 2016 -Our Wedding in a romantic town of Aeroskobing <3

April 1 2016 - Sent CR1 package to RapidVisa.

April 18 2016 - CR1 Package delivered to USCIS Phoenix lock box.

April 22 2016 - Acceptance notification received by email. Case sent to Nebraska Service Center.

May 03 2016 - NOA1 hard copy received.

May 24 2016 - Return to the US to reestablish domicile.

August 3 2016 - Case transferred to Texas Service Center.

August 29 2016 - I-130 approved! (NOA2) <3 <3 <3

September 30 2016 - NVC Recieved.
November 14 2016 - Sent AOS and IV packages to Rapidvisa! :D
November 29 2016 - SCAN DATE!
February 15 2017 - Case Complete at NVC (11 weeks)
March 28 2017 - My Interview Day! :D (APPROVED!!!)

Just now, Renegade said:

Why are you so sure? We are gay couple, and we are in constant fear right now, and every post like this makes us panic . :(

I think any change that is made wouldn't effect people at the Visa Center stage. USCIS already approved your application. First the changes have to come from the legislative branch, and there is nothing on the floor right now that would change your status. Something like changing the CR-1 eligibility to "tradional marriages only" wouldn't be an executive order that goes in effect immediately. Not to mention he never made any claims that he would put limits on it like that. Most of what he talked about was changes to illegal immigration. Based on your wedding location I'm thinking one of you is from Denmark? Likely that is also a positive for you since you won't be a profiled "target" (Not from the middle east/muslim country). Not saying that it should make a difference, but unfortunately I think in the future if anyone is going to suffer it will be well meaning lovely couples where one is from a predominantly muslim country. That shouldn't be the case, but that is sadly the direction it may go.

Not saying things won't change but it's not going to be that fast. If you are already 9 weeks into the review process at the NVC I truly think you are safe. I hope that everyone like you in the future continues to be safe.

14 minutes ago, CSG said:

any luck yet?..... our dates are similar....im waiting they keep telling me its in the review department...nothing yet

I'm still not convinced "review department" is anything different from where the files have been for awhile. The guy I spoke to was more cagey about whether being "in the review department" meant someone is actively looking at it. I can't imagine our paperwork would take more than a couple of hours of 'active reviewing' since it is a 1 page birth certificate for a checklist and the rest of our file is complete. I think "in the review department" can likely still mean "on a pile somewhere waiting to be picked up".

Filed: Timeline
9 minutes ago, bcking said:

I think any change that is made wouldn't effect people at the Visa Center stage. USCIS already approved your application. First the changes have to come from the legislative branch, and there is nothing on the floor right now that would change your status. Something like changing the CR-1 eligibility to "tradional marriages only" wouldn't be an executive order that goes in effect immediately. Not to mention he never made any claims that he would put limits on it like that. Most of what he talked about was changes to illegal immigration. Based on your wedding location I'm thinking one of you is from Denmark? Likely that is also a positive for you since you won't be a profiled "target" (Not from the middle east/muslim country). Not saying that it should make a difference, but unfortunately I think in the future if anyone is going to suffer it will be well meaning lovely couples where one is from a predominantly muslim country. That shouldn't be the case, but that is sadly the direction it may go.

Not saying things won't change but it's not going to be that fast. If you are already 9 weeks into the review process at the NVC I truly think you are safe. I hope that everyone like you in the future continues to be safe.

Thank you for a reply. We are only married in Denmark, but we're not muslims either. I just have a feeling that he hates LGBT people as much as he hates muslims. So I am afraid that he can use that executive orders just to temporary halt visa issuance for LGBT spouses, until he decides what to do with them permanently?

So do you have any clue what are those changes?

December 2009 - First met.

February 2010 - Start of our relationship <3
January 7 2016 -Our Wedding in a romantic town of Aeroskobing <3

April 1 2016 - Sent CR1 package to RapidVisa.

April 18 2016 - CR1 Package delivered to USCIS Phoenix lock box.

April 22 2016 - Acceptance notification received by email. Case sent to Nebraska Service Center.

May 03 2016 - NOA1 hard copy received.

May 24 2016 - Return to the US to reestablish domicile.

August 3 2016 - Case transferred to Texas Service Center.

August 29 2016 - I-130 approved! (NOA2) <3 <3 <3

September 30 2016 - NVC Recieved.
November 14 2016 - Sent AOS and IV packages to Rapidvisa! :D
November 29 2016 - SCAN DATE!
February 15 2017 - Case Complete at NVC (11 weeks)
March 28 2017 - My Interview Day! :D (APPROVED!!!)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

i Email NVC today and i got these reply back from them.pls anybody with idea if my our case is truly under supervisor review?our case have been with them for Almost 8weeks now.

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigrant visa petition: ............... filed by ...........on behalf of .........

The correspondence submitted is currently under review. An appropriate action will be taken once this review is completed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.