dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2017

1,509 posts in this topic

This morning was the first time I've ever been able to speak to a Supervisor. It required me to wait on hold for another 15 minutes or so after speaking to the first person (and with no hold music...I honestly just expected them to hang up on me at some point).

I always call at 7:00 am CST (first thing I do when I get in the office). Not sure where that is in their day at the NVC but the wait time to speak to someone is usually quite quick if I do it right around 7. Even waiting until 7:30 I end up waiting significantly longer.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

First go-round, scan date was sept something, forgot exactly what... at 8 weeks they said they reviewed it and i had the wrong version of the 864 sent... I redid it with the correct version (no new info in the updated form, just more instructions, sigh), scandate nov 22nd... 

I gave up waiting and went to see the wife whom i hadn't seen since jan 18 2016... called them from italy where i met up with the wife and had them put it in sup review... i really hope the cc comes in time for february's round of scheduling march interviews... This process is a few days away from taking over a year and still the end is not in sight.

Thanks obama for jamjing thru every DACA recipient that came here illegally, and screwing legal immigrants in the process...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
14 minutes ago, bcking said:

This morning was the first time I've ever been able to speak to a Supervisor. It required me to wait on hold for another 15 minutes or so after speaking to the first person (and with no hold music...I honestly just expected them to hang up on me at some point).

I always call at 7:00 am CST (first thing I do when I get in the office). Not sure where that is in their day at the NVC but the wait time to speak to someone is usually quite quick if I do it right around 7. Even waiting until 7:30 I end up waiting significantly longer.

Did they have anything useful to say other than the 6 weeks broken record line?

Just now, Fost04mach said:

Did they have anything useful to say other than the 6 weeks broken record line?

I believe she was speaking specifically about UK filers, but she said they were up to "Somewhere in November" with cases right now, couldn't say specifically where and that they were scheduling interviews "At the end of February, but are almost done with February" and are moving into March soon. It seems like the teams are split by location you are coming from so I think she was talking about UK-only, or maybe Europe or some region I'm not sure. THe interview date thing has to be specific to the embassy I'd imagine.

She was nice though. I knew the response I would get but I wanted to ask a supervisor directly since I know that once they do pull my file it will literally take them 5 minutes to review it and complete it. They have a certified copy of my wife's original birth certificate from 30 years ago. The problem is the "original" birth certificate isn't a long form, so we sent that. The only difference between the two are her parent's names and occupations. So I was asking if there was any way for her to just look at that, see that it checks out and move us along. She of course said no, and said that they have to stick to the queue when it comes to which files to look at. It doesn't matter that some are 5 minute affairs and others take longer.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
3 hours ago, Cbsjjg said:

Sadly its the same with me. I have been on a supervisors list since Dec 16. Still nothing. My scan date was Nov 3. Its been almost 10 weeks and I call and get the ame answer everytime. They say its on the supervisors list and I have to wait and give the supervisor 6 more weeks. So they dont seem to be to far into Nov because I am Nov 3. ?

I'm Nov 3rd Scan date as well with Sup review date of 27th Dec...still nothing on my end

52 minutes ago, bcking said:

I believe she was speaking specifically about UK filers, but she said they were up to "Somewhere in November" with cases right now, couldn't say specifically where and that they were scheduling interviews "At the end of February, but are almost done with February" and are moving into March soon. It seems like the teams are split by location you are coming from so I think she was talking about UK-only, or maybe Europe or some region I'm not sure. THe interview date thing has to be specific to the embassy I'd imagine.

She was nice though. I knew the response I would get but I wanted to ask a supervisor directly since I know that once they do pull my file it will literally take them 5 minutes to review it and complete it. They have a certified copy of my wife's original birth certificate from 30 years ago. The problem is the "original" birth certificate isn't a long form, so we sent that. The only difference between the two are her parent's names and occupations. So I was asking if there was any way for her to just look at that, see that it checks out and move us along. She of course said no, and said that they have to stick to the queue when it comes to which files to look at. It doesn't matter that some are 5 minute affairs and others take longer.

Was it a supervisor who told you about the February interviews still being scheduled? I'm dying for a Feb interview! 

1 hour ago, Li&Kyle said:

Was it a supervisor who told you about the February interviews still being scheduled? I'm dying for a Feb interview! 

Ya it was the supervisor, and I assume it was UK specific info (which I see would apply to you as well :)). They said they are "almost done" with February interview spots. Not sure what that means. It was a lot of "Almost", "Soon", "Close" etc... without any specifics.

Hey guys - so because of this delay, I was planning on having Mike take advantage of the Visa waiver program and visit for a while and then fly back to NZ for the interview when its all scheduled.  I'm reading a lot that "intending immigrants" are "high risk" of being deported and he can be stopped at the border and turned around.  Does any one have any input on that?  For those of you who have been waiting forever, have you had your spouse visit?

Married: April 20th, 2016

I-130 Petition Sent: April 24th, 2016

NOA1 Received: May 17th, 2016

NOA2 Received: Sept 12th, 2016

----------

NVC Received: October 11th, 2016

NVC Case Number Assigned: October 19th, 2016

IV and AOS Fees Paid: October 28th, 2016

DS-260 Submitted: November 4th, 2016

Scan Date: November 9th, 2016

Supervisor Review: December 21st, 2016

Medical Exam Complete: January 9th, 2017

Checklist Received: January 10th, 2017

New Scan Date: January 24th, 2017

Contacted Congressman Aid: February 24th, 2017

Expedite Approved; Case sent to Auckland Consulate: March 27th, 2017

Interview Scheduled: 4/3/17 

----------

Interview Date: 4/18/17

Visa in Hand:

Date of US Entry:

1 minute ago, Andy & Mike said:

Hey guys - so because of this delay, I was planning on having Mike take advantage of the Visa waiver program and visit for a while and then fly back to NZ for the interview when its all scheduled.  I'm reading a lot that "intending immigrants" are "high risk" of being deported and he can be stopped at the border and turned around.  Does any one have any input on that?  For those of you who have been waiting forever, have you had your spouse visit?

My wife only visited once. She was in "secondary" for about 2 hours (we were travelling together so we both were). We were pretty much harassed so she hasn't done it again.

That being said, most people here have said they have had fine experiences. I think we got unlucky with the people. They didn't even ask us any questions, ask for any of our documentations. First guy at the window sent us straight to the secondary area, and then the officer who interviewed us (each separately, alone) introduced himself by saying that he had X years of experience and that he would see through our bullshit (his exact word) and that we weren't going to get anything by him. Maybe he was just trying to intimidate? No idea. Wasn't a great experience.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Andy & Mike said:

My spouse visited two times on a tourist visa with no issues .  It may depend on how far along your case is.  Since you are near the end of the process (from DHS perspective), it may be better to wait.   

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Long time lurker, first time poster.

After 9 weeks at the NVC, and countless calls to them, my wife's case finally shows the third N/A.

No email yet tho as I assume it just changed.  How long will the email take to arrive?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
1 minute ago, Yankee125xt said:

Long time lurker, first time poster.

After 9 weeks at the NVC, and countless calls to them, my wife's case finally shows the third N/A.

No email yet tho as I assume it just changed.  How long will the email take to arrive?

Congrats!  Nice to see some good news.  What was your scan date and supervisor review (if there was one)?

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.