espared12

I-751 January 2017 Filers

2,600 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, xilef said:

hello @sls  Did your get case get transferred to the NSC or TSC or NBC ? Did you apply for your citizenship ?

I was transferred to Nebraska and I was approved 3 weeks ago. I have not applied for citizenship. 

It’s almost your approval !!

hang in there 

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

We got "We are producing you card and will mail it to you..."  status on DHS website on August 1. And then on August 2, it said "We approved you case". Is this information /website legit?  

The EGOV website's status hasn't changed from "On March 5 we transfered you case to the local office". And the status on Case Tracker corresponds to EGOV website.

Which website is correct? 

I'm a November 2017 filer at CSC so I'm 10 months behind but would like some advice from you folks. Applying for the n400, should I avoid that altogether? Or still go for it? I'm reading more and more now that it's actually delaying the whole process where more than a year ago it sped things up 

1 hour ago, ordjnb said:

I'm a November 2017 filer at CSC so I'm 10 months behind but would like some advice from you folks. Applying for the n400, should I avoid that altogether? Or still go for it? I'm reading more and more now that it's actually delaying the whole process where more than a year ago it sped things up 

I'm an October 2016 filer and still waiting on a decission for my I-751. I didn't file the N-400 yet. Have an interview in about 10 days.

Some say it will delay and some say it might speed up things.

In the October 2016 group someone told us if you file a N-400 online it is processed quicker with a few months over a paper filing.

John 

It’s been more than 94 days since they transferred my case to NBC Missouri, because I filled for N400 while I 751 still pending, should I get an appointment with my local office and see what’s going on?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
Just now, Asilarmani said:

It’s been more than 94 days since they transferred my case to NBC Missouri, because I filled for N400 while I 751 still pending, should I get an appointment with my local office and see what’s going on?

Probably not a bad idea but you should be getting close. My I-751 was transferred to NBC missouri 96 days ago and now I have a N-400 interview in 2 weeks. 

But ’tis a common proof
That lowliness is young ambition’s ladder,
Whereto the climber upward turns his face.
But when he once attains the upmost round,
He then unto the ladder turns his back,
Looks in the clouds, scorning the base degrees
By which he did ascend.
- Julius Caesar
--------------------------------------------------------------

AOS Timeline

07/02/2014 Forms sent via FedEx to USCIS in Chicago, IL

07/08/2014 USCIS Filing Fees accepted

07/09/2014 NOA texts and emails

07/12/2014 Received NOA in mail

07/18/2014 Received Biometrics Appointment NOA for 7/31

07/31/2014 Biometrics @ 5220 S Pulaski - Completed!

08/04/2014 Testing and Interview

09/02/2014 EAD Approved and Card in Production (62 Days from filing)

09/04/2014 AP Approved (64 Days from filing)

09/09/2014 EAD/AP Mailed

09/10/2014 EAD/AP "Combo" Card Received

01/12/2015 Text for 485 Adjustment Received (Interview Schedule)

02/17/2015 Interview Scheduled (230 Days or 7 months and 15 days from filing)

02/17/2015 Request for Original Document

02/24/2015 Original Document Shown and Green Card Approved for Production

03/04/2015 Green Card Arrived Via USPS

I-751 Removal of Conditions Timeline

01/03/2017 Forms and paperwork sent in to California.

01/09/2017 NOA1 Received

37 minutes ago, Asilarmani said:

I started an inquiry (without checking the processing times that have been updated now to 20-22 months) early July, 61 days after my transfer to the NBC. Within a few days I was notified that my case was still pending at my local office and within the time limits and could expect an answer within 120 days. A week later I received my interview letter for next week.

So I guess it can't harm just to start an inquiry.

John

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
3 hours ago, Asilarmani said:

t is not worth it. They will hardly tell you anything useful. You can go but they will just tell you what the system says. 

Once a transfer happen, they will say you have 6 months from the transfer date before you can consider it outside of the normal processing time. 

What is happening is that they number of officers handling cases was cut due to the administration cutting budgets to limit immigrants getting in and staying in order to avoid having their influence in the next elections. As a result, the processing times and work load increased and so all cases are now taking longer and longer.

14 hours ago, ordjnb said:

You should totally do it. First off, it won't hurt. Second, if and when you get approved, you will have both done or your wait time for Naturalization will have dropped.

I applied for both as soon as I was eligible and now I am a citizen. It took 20 months total.

F1 Visa Journey

4th March 2009 - Schedule F-1 Visa Appointment

18th March 2009 - F1 Visa Interview

28th March 2009 - F1 Visa approved

OPT Journey

26th January 2013 -  I-765 mailed

4th February 2013 - Notice received

17th May 2013 - Card processing

3rd June 2013 - EAD Card received

STEM Extension Journey

18th March 2014 -  I-765 mailed STEM extension

28th March 2014 - Notice received

13th May 2014 - Card processing

28th May 2014 - EAD Card received

I-140 Journey

17th August 2014 - I-130 & 1-140 mailed

30th August 2014 - Notice received

13th September 2014 - Bio-metrics Appointment Notice for 27th September 2014 

13th October 2014 - RFE received - Reply mailed 23rd November 2014

7th January 2015 - Interview

29th January 2015 - Green card received

I-751 Journey

3rd November 2016 - I-751 Mailed

16th November 2016 -  Notice received

3rd December 2016 - Bio-metrics Appointment Notice  for 17th December 2016

25th February 2018 - Case Transferred to Local Office

8th May 2018 - Case Transferred to another Office/ Initial Review

7th June 2018 - Combined interview/ name Update/ Approved with N-400

N-400 Journey

31st October 2017 - N-400 Mailed

2nd November 2017 - NOA

12th November 2017 - NOA from office case transferred to.

20th November 2017 - Biometrics Appointment

1st May 2018 - Interview Notice

7th June 2018 - Interview/ Approved/ Oath Ceremony will be scheduled

12th June 2018 - Oath Ceremony Notice Mailed

09th July 2018 - Oath Ceremony..... I am a US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 8/4/2018 at 7:04 PM, elin123 said:

We got "We are producing you card and will mail it to you..."  status on DHS website on August 1. And then on August 2, it said "We approved you case". Is this information /website legit?  

The EGOV website's status hasn't changed from "On March 5 we transfered you case to the local office". And the status on Case Tracker corresponds to EGOV website.

Which website is correct? 

Both are correct. some pages just are not updated correctly but any new status update is correct.

F1 Visa Journey

4th March 2009 - Schedule F-1 Visa Appointment

18th March 2009 - F1 Visa Interview

28th March 2009 - F1 Visa approved

OPT Journey

26th January 2013 -  I-765 mailed

4th February 2013 - Notice received

17th May 2013 - Card processing

3rd June 2013 - EAD Card received

STEM Extension Journey

18th March 2014 -  I-765 mailed STEM extension

28th March 2014 - Notice received

13th May 2014 - Card processing

28th May 2014 - EAD Card received

I-140 Journey

17th August 2014 - I-130 & 1-140 mailed

30th August 2014 - Notice received

13th September 2014 - Bio-metrics Appointment Notice for 27th September 2014 

13th October 2014 - RFE received - Reply mailed 23rd November 2014

7th January 2015 - Interview

29th January 2015 - Green card received

I-751 Journey

3rd November 2016 - I-751 Mailed

16th November 2016 -  Notice received

3rd December 2016 - Bio-metrics Appointment Notice  for 17th December 2016

25th February 2018 - Case Transferred to Local Office

8th May 2018 - Case Transferred to another Office/ Initial Review

7th June 2018 - Combined interview/ name Update/ Approved with N-400

N-400 Journey

31st October 2017 - N-400 Mailed

2nd November 2017 - NOA

12th November 2017 - NOA from office case transferred to.

20th November 2017 - Biometrics Appointment

1st May 2018 - Interview Notice

7th June 2018 - Interview/ Approved/ Oath Ceremony will be scheduled

12th June 2018 - Oath Ceremony Notice Mailed

09th July 2018 - Oath Ceremony..... I am a US Citizen

1 hour ago, MHZ said:

t is not worth it. They will hardly tell you anything useful. You can go but they will just tell you what the system says. 

Once a transfer happen, they will say you have 6 months from the transfer date before you can consider it outside of the normal processing time. 

What is happening is that they number of officers handling cases was cut due to the administration cutting budgets to limit immigrants getting in and staying in order to avoid having their influence in the next elections. As a result, the processing times and work load increased and so all cases are now taking longer and longer.

You should totally do it. First off, it won't hurt. Second, if and when you get approved, you will have both done or your wait time for Naturalization will have dropped.

I applied for both as soon as I was eligible and now I am a citizen. It took 20 months total.

I-751 cases have always have had the lowest priority, The influx of 'illegal' immigrants might take up resources that otherwise would have been assigned to the 'normal' immigration cases.
I started an inquiry on July 2nd (61 days after my transfer to NBC) without looking at the processing times. I knew it was 17-19 months but didn't check when I started the inquiry. July 12th I was assigned an officer to my inquiry case and the same date received a response by email. Seven days later I had a appointment letter stamped July 18th in the mail.

Text of the email contained beside my request info the following text:

The status of this service request is:

Thank you for contacting USCIS concerning the above-referenced application. Below is a summary of what we have found and how the issue has been resolved or additional actions required.

What We Have Done

USCIS has reviewed your Service Request.  According to USCIS records, your application is still pending at the Field Office.  At this time, we anticipate you should receive a decision or other notice from USCIS within 120 days of this notice.  Please be advised that posted processing times are goals based on Field Office averages.  These goals are subject to change and can vary from office to office.  We apologize for any inconvenience caused by delays in processing. 

USCIS is committed to adjudicating immigration applications in a timely manner, efficiently and in the order received.  We hope this information is helpful.  If we may be of further assistance, please let us know.

I still assume that starting the inquiry stirred up some things that sped up the appointment scheduling. My transfer to the NBC stated 'to schedule an appointment'

John

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.