espared12

I-751 January 2017 Filers

2,600 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Dec 2016 filer here. Im submitted my rfe last month and have been waiting ever since. Its bee about 34days now. 

I went to my local office last week to check on my case to verify if it is line for an interview cause topically ppl have been reporting responses to their RFE within weeks/days. However the infopass agent verified my response was received but said it was pending and had not been put in line for an interview basically its just probably back on a pile pending. 

Is anyone else waiting on a RFE response? 

5 hours ago, Val2014 said:

Hey all,

Dec 2016 filer here. Im submitted my rfe last month and have been waiting ever since. Its bee about 34days now. 

I went to my local office last week to check on my case to verify if it is line for an interview cause topically ppl have been reporting responses to their RFE within weeks/days. However the infopass agent verified my response was received but said it was pending and had not been put in line for an interview basically its just probably back on a pile pending. 

Is anyone else waiting on a RFE response? 

I had an RFE end of March, they received it April 9th. After this my case was 'transferred to another office that now holds jurisdiction ' the NBC in Missouri.

Since than it was quiet. I started an inquiry 61 days after the transfer, 10 days later I received an email stating that my case was still pending at my local office and within the timeline. (was not aware they adjusted it to 18-20 months). Week later I received an appointment letter for this coming week.

I'm an October 2016 filer. 

John 

2 hours ago, JohnInTX said:

I had an RFE end of March, they received it April 9th. After this my case was 'transferred to another office that now holds jurisdiction ' the NBC in Missouri.

Since than it was quiet. I started an inquiry 61 days after the transfer, 10 days later I received an email stating that my case was still pending at my local office and within the timeline. (was not aware they adjusted it to 18-20 months). Week later I received an appointment letter for this coming week.

I'm an October 2016 filer. 

John 

Hey John,

Thank you for your quick response. Did you DHS account status change after they transferred it? How will I know if they have transferred my file? When uscis received your RFE how long did it take your status to change?

My DHS still says "we recieved your documents blah blah". 

I would like them to just go ahead & transfer it for an interview than have it sitting in limbo. I wonder if I should just file an inquiry online even though its not 60 days? 

Maybe that will encourage them to do something with my file?

25 minutes ago, Val2014 said:

Hey John,

Thank you for your quick response. Did you DHS account status change after they transferred it? How will I know if they have transferred my file? When uscis received your RFE how long did it take your status to change?

I would like them to just go ahead & transfer it for an interview than have it sitting in limbo. I wonder if I should just file an inquiry online even though its not 60 days? 

Yes my status changes to 'Transferred to another office that now has Jurisdiction' in the letter I receives it was transferred to the NBC in Lee's Summit in Missouri. Further it said in the letter 'so an interview can be scheduled'.

I know it is pretty busy here in deep South Texas with the illegal immigrants, that is probably why it took 2.5 months to schedule an interview. ;)

John

30 minutes ago, Val2014 said:

Hey John,

If your case exceeded the normal processing time for the office where you filed and it is 60 days since the last action, you can start your inquiry.

Last time I checked it was 17-19 months (now 18-20 I believe) for CSC so I was waiting for the 60 days. Unaware of the process time change I started the inquiry. IMHO I think it stirred things up hence the swift letter with my appointment.

Also there was a news bulletin that everyone that still had their case pending would receive a NOA that would extend the 12 months letter to 18 months. Not that it would have helped me as I am already passed the 18 months. But haven't seen anything about that and I read that people received a new letter. Right now holding a paper GC that is valid until December this year.

So I guess I don't need the extension letter.

Pass several times a week a border patrol checkpoint and never heard a complaint about my papers so I guess it is alright.

John

11 minutes ago, JohnInTX said:

If your case exceeded the normal processing time for the office where you filed and it is 60 days since the last action, you can start your inquiry.

Last time I checked it was 17-19 months (now 18-20 I believe) for CSC so I was waiting for the 60 days. Unaware of the process time change I started the inquiry. IMHO I think it stirred things up hence the swift letter with my appointment.

Also there was a news bulletin that everyone that still had their case pending would receive a NOA that would extend the 12 months letter to 18 months. Not that it would have helped me as I am already passed the 18 months. But haven't seen anything about that and I read that people received a new letter. Right now holding a paper GC that is valid until December this year.

So I guess I don't need the extension letter.

Pass several times a week a border patrol checkpoint and never heard a complaint about my papers so I guess it is alright.

John

Hey John, 

Ok well I guess I will sit tight for another month before I file an inquiry. I recieved the updated 18 extension letter although I have a stamp in my passport & my case was already pending 18m so the letter really wasn't worth the paper it was printed on. But I guess those letters were just system produced. 

Hopefully il get some movement soon. Goodluck with your interview. Is it a joint interview. Are you taking you spouse?

1 hour ago, Val2014 said:

Hey John, 

Ok well I guess I will sit tight for another month before I file an inquiry. I recieved the updated 18 extension letter although I have a stamp in my passport & my case was already pending 18m so the letter really wasn't worth the paper it was printed on. But I guess those letters were just system produced. 

Hopefully il get some movement soon. Goodluck with your interview. Is it a joint interview. Are you taking you spouse?

We are going together although the letter didn't state that we had to come together. Now sorting out some family photo's to print to bring to the interview as required, only thing is we didn't do a lot since my GC expired. Wife was a bit scared of me passing the border patrol checkpoints until I had to because of work. This year we went to a funeral in Mexico and further only to do some shopping in Mexico as we live in a border town. Not real opportunities to make family photo's.

John

1 hour ago, JohnInTX said:

We are going together although the letter didn't state that we had to come together. Now sorting out some family photo's to print to bring to the interview as required, only thing is we didn't do a lot since my GC expired. Wife was a bit scared of me passing the border patrol checkpoints until I had to because of work. This year we went to a funeral in Mexico and further only to do some shopping in Mexico as we live in a border town. Not real opportunities to make family photo's.

John

Well it's good you two are going together even though they didn't state that, that way if there are any questions they can have her right there to answer. 

I wonder whyy they scheduled an interview after you submitted the RFE. Did you submit everything they asked for?

Good luck on your interview

37 minutes ago, Val2014 said:

Well it's good you two are going together even though they didn't state that, that way if there are any questions they can have her right there to answer. 

I wonder whyy they scheduled an interview after you submitted the RFE. Did you submit everything they asked for?

Good luck on your interview

When we filed, we didn't have much that carried both our names. With the RFE I send car lease contract, car insurance and health insurance that carried both our names. Also a copy of both our driver licenses and some other stuff that I can't remember right now.
My wife had a hell of a problem to change her name on her passport. When we married in Holland we didn't specifically mention that she wanted to use my name. So on our marriage certificate it listed still her ex-husbands name as name after wedding. Took almost 6 months to arrange her passport with my last name on it. 

So maybe the evidence was still considered too shallow, we will find out this week.

John

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just thought I would let you all know that I submitted an inquiry on my I-751just now. It has been 101 days since the last status change and time is fast running out on my I-551 stamp. I know that it was sent to NBC (probably with the N-400, but I was never actually told this).  I am tired of this waiting game, and with all the other stuff going on here I need to know whether I'm going to have to schedule an info pass appointment AGAIN, take a day off from work to travel almost 4 hours for another stamp.  I truly thought that by this time I would at least know something regarding my case, heck...I actually thought I would be done with USCIS. How naive of me..... 😒

ROC

01/18/2017   Sent in I-751

01/26/2017   Check cashed

01/28/2017   Received NOA dated 01/20/2017

02/16/2017   Biometrics done

10/24/2017   Traveled to Minneapolis for I551 stamp

02/26/2018     Case received by Field Office - S. Paul

05/012018     Case transferred to another USCIS office for processing 

N-400

02/02/2018    Filed N-400 online

02/05/2018    NOA online - NOA letter 02/09/2018

02/21/2018     Biometrics walk-in

39 minutes ago, Dualie said:

Just thought I would let you all know that I submitted an inquiry on my I-751just now. It has been 101 days since the last status change and time is fast running out on my I-551 stamp. I know that it was sent to NBC (probably with the N-400, but I was never actually told this).  I am tired of this waiting game, and with all the other stuff going on here I need to know whether I'm going to have to schedule an info pass appointment AGAIN, take a day off from work to travel almost 4 hours for another stamp.  I truly thought that by this time I would at least know something regarding my case, heck...I actually thought I would be done with USCIS. How naive of me..... 😒

You should have received a letter of it was transferred. My status said 'transferred to another office that now has jurisdiction', letter came a few days after the status change.

Also if you look up your case online and a letter was send it should mention a date to react when it was not received.

John

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, JohnInTX said:

You should have received a letter of it was transferred. My status said 'transferred to another office that now has jurisdiction', letter came a few days after the status change.

Also if you look up your case online and a letter was send it should mention a date to react when it was not received.

John

Oh I got the letter. I'm just tired of waiting. I just felt like tossing a proverbial pebble into the pond, so to speak. See what the ripples reveal. Who knows, it might get someone to actually blow the dust off my case.

ROC

01/18/2017   Sent in I-751

01/26/2017   Check cashed

01/28/2017   Received NOA dated 01/20/2017

02/16/2017   Biometrics done

10/24/2017   Traveled to Minneapolis for I551 stamp

02/26/2018     Case received by Field Office - S. Paul

05/012018     Case transferred to another USCIS office for processing 

N-400

02/02/2018    Filed N-400 online

02/05/2018    NOA online - NOA letter 02/09/2018

02/21/2018     Biometrics walk-in

1 hour ago, Dualie said:

Oh I got the letter. I'm just tired of waiting. I just felt like tossing a proverbial pebble into the pond, so to speak. See what the ripples reveal. Who knows, it might get someone to actually blow the dust off my case.

That is what I did.. 6 days after the email I had an appointment. 

John

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Filing N-400 before getting I-751 approved is turning out to be a big mistake. 

The conventional wisdom on this forum used to be that it doesn't matter but it seems to matter now, maybe it's just coz of Trump's DHS and USCIS and the future (post Trump era) will be different.

31 minutes ago, mav11235 said:

Filing N-400 before getting I-751 approved is turning out to be a big mistake. 

The conventional wisdom on this forum used to be that it doesn't matter but it seems to matter now, maybe it's just coz of Trump's DHS and USCIS and the future (post Trump era) will be different.

i agree i made the same mistake and i regraded  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.