2 posts in this topic

Hi, I just wanted to see if someone could clarify for my fiance and I. His case is being handled by the embassy in Mumbai, India.

Our case was received by the embassy on 12/2/2016. Because his mailing address has changed, we had been directed to have him complete the DS-160 with the updated contact information, which he did so over the weekend.

I called the NVC yesterday to ask them if they could communicate the change of address as well to the embassy, just to be on the safe side. They said to contact the embassy directly with the changes. Needless to say, everyone time he tries to call he cannot get a person on the phone and the one he did directed him to email support-india@ustraveldocs.com with the updated information, which I already did in advance for him.

However, I got a reply back stating they wanted his appointment of interview confirmation in order to change the address! He has not paid or scheduled the interview yet, because from our understanding, the packet 3 is necessary to have to follow the application steps since it seems some embassies handle things differently.

Can somebody please clarify what we should do? We know what materials he needs to bring to the interview, but I read somewhere that some embassies want the material mailed before to them such as the Police Clearance report.

Or, should he go ahead and schedule the medical and interview and just bring all the required documents with him?

Thank You,

Heidi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.