rambaldi

Filling out G325A: Employment History question

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi Guys,

I'm filling out the G325A right now, and I've only been employed a little under 4 years, which I put on the first line. Do I need to make any other notation to indicate that I was unemployed (still in college) prior to June of 2003?

Also, my fiancee on her 325 put her date of employment at merck as June 2002 to Now. However, in truth, it was from January. She sent me the forms, and that's the only mistake on there. What are my options:

1) Do I have to hand copy and refill out everything on the blanks forms she sent me with her signature filled in

2) Can I use white out, or simply cross out the date and write in January

3) Or can I just leave the mistake and hope they don't check too carefully?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Xin Li

*AOS Timeline*

01-03-08 - Arrived in the States on K1

01-28-08 - Got married! :) And applied for SSN in married name

02-04-08 - Received SSN

02-08-08 - Sent AOS package off

02-20-08 - Received at the Chicago Lockbox after 12 days!! :( stupid USPS

02-26-08 - NOAs for I-485 and I-765

02-27-08 - Check cashed

03-14-08 - AOS Transfer notice to CSC

03-21-08 - Sent AP (I-131) package off

03-26-08 - Biometrics complete! AOS and AP show up online

04-04-08 - AOS last touched

04-11-08 - NOA for I-131

04-23-08 - EAD card production ordered!

04-24-08 - AP approved!

05-02-08 - AP recieved

07-03-08 - AOS APPROVED!! Card production ordered! Yay!!

07-11-08 - Greencard received!! :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Hi Guys,

I'm filling out the G325A right now, and I've only been employed a little under 4 years, which I put on the first line. Do I need to make any other notation to indicate that I was unemployed (still in college) prior to June of 2003?

Also, my fiancee on her 325 put her date of employment at merck as June 2002 to Now. However, in truth, it was from January. She sent me the forms, and that's the only mistake on there. What are my options:

1) Do I have to hand copy and refill out everything on the blanks forms she sent me with her signature filled in

Xin Li

I don't totally understand # 1. All the information must be on the form. Yes, I suppose you would have to hand copy it.

2. I would not recommend white out. The proper way to do it is to draw a line through the error, write in the correct answer and intial the change. People have used white out and gotten away with it but it is not the best choice.

3. I doubt very much that they would notice the error or care much if they discovered it. They don't usually check with employers that much unless they have a reason to.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

If you were in college prior to 2003 then that means you were unemployed and you should mark it as such, then fill out the rest of the form with your current job which has lasted almost 4 years.

For the second issue, I wouldn't worry about it too much either. You can just cross it out, make the correction and initial it so they can see it was a change made by you.

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline
If you were in college prior to 2003 then that means you were unemployed and you should mark it as such, then fill out the rest of the form with your current job which has lasted almost 4 years.

For the second issue, I wouldn't worry about it too much either. You can just cross it out, make the correction and initial it so they can see it was a change made by you.

So they won't RFE me if they see it's a change made by me?

Why not ask your fiancee to fill out another G-325A and send that to you?

We did think of that, but it's gonna take another week for it to reach me, and we'd like to file ASAP. Thanks.

*AOS Timeline*

01-03-08 - Arrived in the States on K1

01-28-08 - Got married! :) And applied for SSN in married name

02-04-08 - Received SSN

02-08-08 - Sent AOS package off

02-20-08 - Received at the Chicago Lockbox after 12 days!! :( stupid USPS

02-26-08 - NOAs for I-485 and I-765

02-27-08 - Check cashed

03-14-08 - AOS Transfer notice to CSC

03-21-08 - Sent AP (I-131) package off

03-26-08 - Biometrics complete! AOS and AP show up online

04-04-08 - AOS last touched

04-11-08 - NOA for I-131

04-23-08 - EAD card production ordered!

04-24-08 - AP approved!

05-02-08 - AP recieved

07-03-08 - AOS APPROVED!! Card production ordered! Yay!!

07-11-08 - Greencard received!! :D

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi Guys,

Xin Li

I would put the name of school and write "student" under occupation and supply the dates. The form is biographical. Student is more accurate than "unemployed".

Assuming the one she sent is signed, I think any of the above would be fine. If it were me, I would just send it in. If you're really #######, then hand copy it on a signed form.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Lots of people make changes and corrections. I am sure they are quite used to seeing it. Any legal document can be changed using the method described. (line, correction, initials) There should be no problems.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Grenada
Timeline
Lots of people make changes and corrections. I am sure they are quite used to seeing it. Any legal document can be changed using the method described. (line, correction, initials) There should be no problems.

I agree with Turboguy

I used to work at a place with USDA regulations and that is how we had to handle our documentations.

Sue

grenada.gifusa.gif

"We owe something to extravagance for thrift and adventure go seldom hand in hand." JJC

Filed: Timeline

Whether that is a problem for an individual petitioner or not, depends entirely on the individual USCIS-contractor-monkey who reviews said individual petitioners petition.

My advice : assume nothing and when in doubt, re-do.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.