thrashunreal

Proving my husband and I live at the same address

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey y'all.

My husband and I sent our AOS packet out almost a month ago now and have received texts and emails to confirm each form has been received.

I understand that at the interview (or at least at some point in the future) we will have to prove that we both live at the same address.

Currently we are renting a room from his best friend and wife, as they have just bought a place and so it is helping them with their mortgage. We have not signed a lease or any kind of agreement - can anyone suggest a way that we can prove we are residing at the same address? Could his best friend draw up a rental agreement for us?

Thanks in advance for any ideas or advice.

I-129F sent: 2016-04-27

NOA1 Email & Text: 2016-05-04

NOA1 Received in Mail: 2016-05-18

NOA2 Email & Text: 2016-07-06 (63 DAYS!)

NOA2 Received in Mail: 2016-07-18

Stuff like this should have been included with your AOS package.

hopefully you included some other evidence of a genuine marital relationship?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Stuff like this should have been included with your AOS package.

hopefully you included some other evidence of a genuine marital relationship?

I mean according to the guide on here you are to send a copy of the Marriage Certificate which we did.

The guide does not indicate you should send anything else with the AOS - but does state that you will need evidence of a bona fide marriage for the interview.

Would you mind directing me to where it says we needed to include such evidence with the initial AOS packet?

I-129F sent: 2016-04-27

NOA1 Email & Text: 2016-05-04

NOA1 Received in Mail: 2016-05-18

NOA2 Email & Text: 2016-07-06 (63 DAYS!)

NOA2 Received in Mail: 2016-07-18

... I always forget you guys don't need to send the I-130 which requires marriage evidence. But if you do send evidence ahead of time, it's possible you may not get an interview. Many K1 don't anyhow, so I would assume it wouldn't hurt to do so, especially if it ups your chance of no interview. But perhaps it's not required like it is for a normal AOS or for a marriage visa either and the USCIS may not care unless there is an interview.

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

the friend can make a rental agreement for you both to sign. having both of your mail delivered there also will help. get both of your driving licenses set has you living there.

Or even maybe do a sworn affadavit that you both live there.

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

You have mail coming to you, don't you?!?!?! Bank statement and credit card bills (whether electronic or regular mail) have your names on them, your drivers' licenses....

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

... I always forget you guys don't need to send the I-130 which requires marriage evidence. But if you do send evidence ahead of time, it's possible you may not get an interview. Many K1 don't anyhow, so I would assume it wouldn't hurt to do so, especially if it ups your chance of no interview. But perhaps it's not required like it is for a normal AOS or for a marriage visa either and the USCIS may not care unless there is an interview.

Only a copy of the marriage certificate is required with the initial I-485 submission. It does not change your chances to interview or not based on whether or not you send in extra evidence not required with the filing of the form.

OP> Yes you can get a rental agreement drawn up, and/or an affidavit from the home owners stating that you rent a room in their home and live there together as a married couple. Use IDs with same address, and mail addressed to you both at that address. Send it IF you get an RFE for relationship evidence, take it with you IF you get an interview, or use it a couple years down the road when filing for ROC.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.