1,910 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Din19 said:

Pd October 12th 2016 csc , approved june 5th 2018. Almost a month nothing from nvc yet. Any advice? Who gets nvc mail or email, applicant or petitioner?

After approving your case, 1 - 3 months later, USCIS will send your case to NVC, and then NVC will notify you your case number. A month is not enough for their processing, so you have to wait and should not worry.

You can ask NVC about your case via this form https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php. Check the box "Please update my NVC file with this email address", then NVC will update your email adress into their database, so they can send you Welcome Letter if your case is ready for submitting fees and civil documents.

After 2 weeks, NVC will reply that if they got your case or has not yet received your case from USCIS.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 6/29/2018 at 10:50 PM, Gamboli said:

I can't verify the accuracy of this information, but it seems that the latest IL so far was for July 20th 2016, it looks like that bulletin might move at least 4 weeks as of now. I personally hope for 5 week movement, especially after there was only total of 3 weeks movements in the past 2 months. 

It is the end of the fiscal year. It is expected to be slower. It would be very unusual if the September VB would move 4 weeks. For August, it looks like that it moves till 22 July as of now. 

October VB is expected to be 4 weeks + as the new fiscal year starts.

On 6/30/2018 at 6:46 PM, Triple28 said:

After approving your case, 1 - 3 months later, USCIS will send your case to NVC, and then NVC will notify you your case number. A month is not enough for their processing, so you have to wait and should not worry.

You can ask NVC about your case via this form https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php. Check the box "Please update my NVC file with this email address", then NVC will update your email adress into their database, so they can send you Welcome Letter if your case is ready for submitting fees and civil documents.

After 2 weeks, NVC will reply that if they got your case or has not yet received your case from USCIS.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it!

12 hours ago, Michael2017 said:

It is the end of the fiscal year. It is expected to be slower. It would be very unusual if the September VB would move 4 weeks. For August, it looks like that it moves till 22 July as of now. 

Yeah, you're right! I don't expect it to move too much either, but it would be a pleasant surprise if it moves more than 4 weeks! :D But you must be excited tho, only a few more months to go! I'm very happy for you! :) You're one of the most informed, and helpful people on this forum. 

My PD is January 24, 2017 and still nothing.  :( 

On 7/1/2018 at 6:47 AM, Michael2017 said:

My pd 18 July And I did not received my IL yet ???? 

CC on November 2017 .
What do you guys think !!!

6 minutes ago, khaled chicago said:

My pd 18 July And I did not received my IL yet ???? 

CC on November 2017 .
What do you guys think !!!

NVC will begin sending IL from today until the end of this month. It is still early morning in the US so don't worry.

But you can call NVC to check the interview date.

Because some F2B cases have to wait longer although their PD is current because their embassy is too busy, so Embassy only priorities earlier completed cases (within cut off date in bulletin).

4 hours ago, Triple28 said:

NVC will begin sending IL from today until the end of this month. It is still early morning in the US so don't worry.

But you can call NVC to check the interview date.

Because some F2B cases have to wait longer although their PD is current because their embassy is too busy, so Embassy only priorities earlier completed cases (within cut off date in bulletin).

ok thank you for answering .

i got my citizen and i send it to them already to update my case but still no update :( 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello Comrades

Anyone, please give thoughts on the situation. 

PD is June 9 2016 - which looks like current on bulletin... 

06/09/2016 - case received; 10/05/2016 - approved 

AND the latest update was almost a year ago:

August 28, 2017 - the Department of State sent us your case, for review. We are reviewing it, and will notify you by mail when we are done.

We were expecting that after PD will get current some things will get moving but its still quiet.

Do we miss some things?

Thank You for any input!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Zambia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, ArthurSkyNet said:

Hello Comrades

August 28, 2017 - the Department of State sent us your case, for review. We are reviewing it, and will notify you by mail when we are done.

We were expecting that after PD will get current some things will get moving but its still quiet.

Do we miss some things?

Th

13 minutes ago, ArthurSkyNet said:

Did you complete the 6 steps at NVC?

Edited by Mr F2a
Error

36 minutes ago, ArthurSkyNet said:

Hello Comrades

Do we miss some things?

Thank You for any input!

Did you pay the fees, submit DS-261, DS-260 and civil documents, I-864 to NVC?

Have you received a notification email about completed case?

If you did NOT get the Welcome Letter and do everythings above, you should call NVC now.

Phone: (603) 334-0700
7:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m. EST
Monday through Friday
(excluding holidays)

If you did everything listed above, you should write them an email to ask your case status

via this form https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html . 

After 2-6 weeks, they will reply.

But you should call them now so you can get your answer quicker.

Because if USCIS or NVC required your supporting documents, and you did not give them within 1 year, your case would be delayed or worst, be canceled.

Edited by Triple28

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Triple28 said:

Did you pay the fees, submit DS-261, DS-260 and civil documents, I-864 to NVC?

Have you received a notification email about completed case?

If you did NOT get the Welcome Letter and do everythings above, you should call NVC now.

Phone: (603) 334-0700
7:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m. EST
Monday through Friday
(excluding holidays)

If you did everything listed above, you should write them an email to ask your case status

via this form https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html . 

After 2-6 weeks, they will reply.

But you should call them now so you can get your answer quicker.

Because if USCIS or NVC required your supporting documents, and you did not give them within 1 year, your case would be delayed or worst, be canceled.

First of all, Thank You for the input, appreciate your attention!

eh... the only thing we did is sent them the big case with following files. 

1.     A check for the amount of $420.00 to cover the filing fee;

2.     Cover Letter;

3.     G-1145 Form;

4.     I-130 Petition;

5.     Form G-325a for the petitioner, with one photo attached;

6.     Form G-325a for the beneficiary, with one photo attached;

7.     A copy of the Russian marriage certificate and its English translation;

8.     Copy of my permanent resident card;

9.     Evidence of bona fide marriage.

a)     Our various photos

b)     Traveling tickets and visas

There was now any welcome letters (thru postal service???)

We were expecting that after PD will get current, they will get in contact with us and request additional docs, which you mentioned I guess...

24 minutes ago, ArthurSkyNet said:

First of all, Thank You for the input, appreciate your attention!

eh... the only thing we did is sent them the big case with following files. 

1.     A check for the amount of $420.00 to cover the filing fee;

2.     Cover Letter;

3.     G-1145 Form;

4.     I-130 Petition;

5.     Form G-325a for the petitioner, with one photo attached;

6.     Form G-325a for the beneficiary, with one photo attached;

7.     A copy of the Russian marriage certificate and its English translation;

8.     Copy of my permanent resident card;

9.     Evidence of bona fide marriage.

a)     Our various photos

b)     Traveling tickets and visas

There was now any welcome letters (thru postal service???)

We were expecting that after PD will get current, they will get in contact with us and request additional docs, which you mentioned I guess...

After USCIS approve your case, they will send it to NVC, then NVC will send you a letter with your case number to follow up.

6 months before your PD is current, NVC will send you and petitioner a Welcome letter with an instruction for 6 steps (pay fees, submit form, civil documents, affidavit of support, tax return...).

After you finish those steps, NVC will notify you that your case is completed and is awaiting for the interview. So when your PD is current, you will get the interview letter.

You should call NVC now to ask them about your case. When did they send you a Welcome Letter? Because you did not get anything.

You should provide them your email address/physical address so they can send it to you. 6 steps need more than 3 months to complete.

If you don't contact them within 1 year after your case is current, your case will be cancelled.

P/S: You should not send original documents to NVC, they accept copies only. Because, you will have to bring your original documents and relationship proofs (photos) to your interview at the Embassy.

Sometimes NVC lost original documents and applicants have a big problem, because they don't have anything to bring to the interview.

Edited by Triple28

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.