Debkay

K1 visa approved but administrative processing

76 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hii dear friend

I just read your post and im so happy to hear it from you. Please help me becuz our case is about 7 month pending on AP process. I had my interview in abudhabi on 16th May. It was the same date for the last updated statue till out last enquiry on case that they replied our email and changed the date of statue same as replying to our email both in 17th november. Me and my fiance are so worry because of this long time , is it really a good news for us?? We are really frustrated and it could help us to be positive again for rest of our journey... help us??????

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Yes , i need to bring my fiance tax returne to embsssy whn they call me again , and she didnt retain my passport. She told me go and we will email u after AP with further instructions after two month, but its about 7 month and no news yet :(

221g most of the times means that additional documents are required. Were asked to submit any documents? And did the CO retain your passport?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Hii dear friend

I just read your post and im so happy to hear it from you. Please help me becuz our case is about 7 month pending on AP process. I had my interview in abudhabi on 16th May. It was the same date for the last updated statue till out last enquiry on case that they replied our email and changed the date of statue same as replying to our email both in 17th november. Me and my fiance are so worry because of this long time , is it really a good news for us?? We are really frustrated and it could help us to be positive again for rest of our journey... help us??????

Hi Dear,

We are so sorry to hear that you are under AP for 7 months, it's so frustration. Well, the issuance of 221g has a different options in your case it was for messing documents, did she tick in AP box?

updates are always GREAT because it means they working on it, in case gets update due to email sending from your side that's not the update you are seeking it.

what we did and I always thank Allha for that is keep emailing the embassy to understand what's going on! even we get used to get the generating auto answer is the case un AP!

I would recommend you to cal DOS! try to be clear and have the list of questions to inquire about your visa status! like is it approved or not yet? because it might be approved but under AP!

is the case at the embassy level for AP or in DC? last but not least any sign that the AP clearance will be finished soon? you will be lucky to find a pleasant person to pick up your phone like what happened with us and provide us all POSITIVE signs of our case.

stay tight and strong, it's worth it to wait and be with your loved once. keep pray and have a faith in Allah you will reach your distance.

all the best :)

Timeline

Hi Dear,

We are so sorry to hear that you are under AP for 7 months, it's so frustration. Well, the issuance of 221g has a different options in your case it was for messing documents, did she tick in AP box?

updates are always GREAT because it means they working on it, in case gets update due to email sending from your side that's not the update you are seeking it.

what we did and I always thank Allha for that is keep emailing the embassy to understand what's going on! even we get used to get the generating auto answer is the case un AP!

I would recommend you to cal DOS! try to be clear and have the list of questions to inquire about your visa status! like is it approved or not yet? because it might be approved but under AP!

is the case at the embassy level for AP or in DC? last but not least any sign that the AP clearance will be finished soon? you will be lucky to find a pleasant person to pick up your phone like what happened with us and provide us all POSITIVE signs of our case.

stay tight and strong, it's worth it to wait and be with your loved once. keep pray and have a faith in Allah you will reach your distance.

all the best :)

Hiii, good day!

Thanks alot for ur supprortive reply. Yes, the CO ticked AP too. But please let me know what DOS is. And how should i contact to?

And please tell me what is DC?

Timeline

AP is usually name checks and background checks on the visa applicant. The time it takes for the process to be complete varies from person to person. Some of these cases are usually forwarded to the DOS for more thorough name checks. I have heard of cases that take up to a year under AP. If you have a clean record then you have nothing to worry about, most cases are usually approved in the end. All you can do now is wait. They should be calling you any time to ask for your passport. I hope it's going to be soon. Wishing you best of luck. Please share with us once you get an update.

Edited by Debkay

Timeline

I understand. Thanks again.

But please help me if you have any number or link that i can contact the DOS.

We are looking forward for new updates and ill share if i recieve ?? Allah help us in this though route ????

Wish u the best:)

AP is usually name checks and background checks on the visa applicant. The time it takes for the process to be complete varies from person to person. Some of these cases are usually forwarded to the DOS for more thorough name checks. I have heard of cases that take up to a year under AP. If you have a clean record then you have nothing to worry about, most cases are usually approved in the end. All you can do now is wait. They should be calling you any time to ask for your passport. I hope it's going to be soon. Wishing you best of luck. Please share with us once you get an update.

Timeline

Hiii, good day!

Thanks alot for ur supprortive reply. Yes, the CO ticked AP too. But please let me know what DOS is. And how should i contact to?

And please tell me what is DC?

morning :)

our pleasure, if she did then probably your case has been sent to the united states for name and background checks NO worries since you have a clean records at the end will be approved. DC is dc washington, DOS number is: 202-663-1225 or 202-485-7600 you will hear a voice message press 1 then 0 or vise versa.

beside that you can call NVC too and ask the same questions: (603) 334-0700

good luck!

Timeline

morning :)

our pleasure, if she did then probably your case has been sent to the united states for name and background checks NO worries since you have a clean records at the end will be approved. DC is dc washington, DOS number is: 202-663-1225 or 202-485-7600 you will hear a voice message press 1 then 0 or vise versa.

beside that you can call NVC too and ask the same questions: (603) 334-0700

good luck!

Thanks again. We will contact and i share more detail they give me. I hope i hear good news.??????

Im happy that i found good friends here that is a kind of sympathy after this annoying waiting??

Wish u best luck!

Timeline

Thanks again. We will contact and i share more detail they give me. I hope i hear good news.??????

Im happy that i found good friends here that is a kind of sympathy after this annoying waiting??

Wish u best luck!

our pleasure, that's too kind of u. we are all here to support each other :) yes please do share with us what r they going to tell u! (F)(F)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi debkay, u mentioned about the police clearance, from which country? coz i have an interview on dec 19 2016, i used to live in UAE for more than 8 months but im back in the philippines, i checked the website

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/AE.html

it says that i cannot get one if i dont live there anymore, and that it will be waived.. please help me guys, im pregnant and hoping to give birth in USA.. its depressing

Timeline

hi debkay, u mentioned about the police clearance, from which country? coz i have an interview on dec 19 2016, i used to live in UAE for more than 8 months but im back in the philippines, i checked the website

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/AE.html

it says that i cannot get one if i dont live there anymore, and that it will be waived.. please help me guys, im pregnant and hoping to give birth in USA.. its depressing

Timeline

Hi Alexa, mine is from Kenya. The CO told me to wait two weeks for them to verify my police certificate. Mine was sent via email and I had to print it out. What I know from the U.S embassies all over is that you need to obtain police clearance from all the countries you have lived in since you were 16years of age. Consular officers are different, some might just decide to waive you but some might put you in AP until you provide the police certificate. I don't know how they work in the Philippines, but I think it would be best if you get the police certificate before the interview, given that UAE is known to be a terrorist country.

Edited by Debkay

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.