sev003

B1 visa for the father of my child

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi there,

I guess I have a weird case and I am hoping to get some useful information here.

I am a US- citizen who has been residing in Turkey for the past year. I am still legally married to an American in the US.

I gave birth to my son three months ago who has the US- citizenship via the CRBA application. The father of my child (a.k.a. boyfriend) is a Turkish citizen.

Now, I would like to travel to the US to finalize my divorce and sell my apartment. I would like to bring my son and boyfriend with me. We would be staying for about three weeks and come back to our place here in Turkey since we intend to reside in Turkey for now.

I would like to apply for a B1 Visa for the father of my child. He is currently not work. His job is seasonal. He works in the spring and summer months since most hotels close for the fall and winter time. He will be getting back to work in March or April - depending on when the hotel will open again.

I am wondering if they would deny his visa because he is not working right now. Would it help if I stated that I will be paying for the trip and for all of the expenses?

Or what else can we include, so that he has a better chance of getting the B1 visa approved?

I don't know anyone who has applied for a B1 so I am hoping to get some good suggestions.

Thank you in advance for reading and replying!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

B2 is for visitors.

With that profile I would save my money but not harm him trying.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

Your son is a US citizen so no problem bringing him, but the father will most likely be denied a B2 for not having strong ties to home country.

2006 - Entered US on F-1
2009 - COS to H-1
2011 - Married USC

Conditional GC Process:
04/2012 - Concurrent I-130 petition / I-485 AOS / I-765 EAD / I-131 AP sent
35 days to biometrics, 73 days to EAD/AP combo card, 85 days to interview, 96 days to Conditional Green Card

04/2014 - Eligible for ROC

06/2014 - I-751 package filing joint with spouse sent

5 days to extension,37 days to biometrics, 172 days to CSC transfer, 247 days to Green Card

04/2015 - Eligible for Citizenship

09/2015 - N-400 package filing on basis of USC spouse sent

29 days to biometrics, 105 days to interview, 147 days to oath and US citizenship

~ 9 years and 6 months from first entry to US citizenship

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Your son is a US citizen so no problem bringing him, but the father will most likely be denied a B2 for not having strong ties to home country.

Where was it stated he does not have strong ties to Turkey? For all we know he owns a house there. Just being married to an American citizen does not mean you don't have strong ties to your home country. The OP already stated they plan to live in Turkey so a joint lease or mortgage would be a good place to start to demonstrate ties as well as having a job there.

Edited by Nathan&Emily
event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Where was it stated he does not have strong ties to Turkey? For all we know he owns a house there. Just being married to an American citizen does not mean you don't have strong ties to your home country. The OP already stated they plan to live in Turkey so a joint lease or mortgage would be a good place to start to demonstrate ties as well as having a job there.

His job is seasonal. He works in the spring and summer months since most hotels close for the fall and winter time. He will be getting back to work in March or April - depending on when the hotel will open again.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

He's not married to a USC he is the father of her child. Her husband is in America she said she is returning to USA to divorce her husband.

Bring unemployment at the moment will be pretty hard for someone to get a visitor visa approved but hey he can apply

I love my husband ?‍?‍?

Married June 2016

Por siempre y para siempre Mi amor

OP being a USC will likely hurt the boyfriend's attempt at a B2. His seasonal job and USC girlfriend footing all expenses do not denote strong ties to Turkey.

Besides, three weeks don't seem sufficient to sell her apartment and finalize divorce.

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Why does the boyfriend need to go with her to divorce her husband? Sounds like that could get messy.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Ohhh you will need to discard current father as the dad prior to leaving the us.

He can actually ban your child leaving the states until this is clarified.

Since you were married at time of conception and birth the child's technically the husbands.

You maybe away from boyfriend longer than March. Divorces can take long.

Is current husband on board with divorce???

Edited by Anitafeliz

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline

i second that the child will ve seen as her current husband's paternity or not due to laws of presumptive paternity. also will new York grant a divorce while pregnant?

OP is not pregnant, she stated that she gave birth 3 months ago. I agree with the presumptive paternity issue. By law the husband is presumed the father until proven otherwise. The court will order a DNA test, this will somewhat delay the divorce as paternity needs to be established one way or another before the divorce can be granted.

Entry on VWP to visit then-boyfriend 06/13/2011

Married 06/24/2011

Our first son was born 10/31/2012, our daughter was born 06/30/2014, our second son was born 06/20/2017

AOS Timeline

AOS package mailed 09/06/2011 (Chicago Lockbox)

AOS package signed for by R Mercado 09/07/2011

Priority date for I-485&I-130 09/08/2011

Biometrics done 10/03/2011

Interview letter received 11/18/2011

INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 12/20/2011

Approval e-mail 12/21/2011

Card production e-mail 12/27/2011

GREEN CARD ARRIVED 12/31/2011

Resident since 12/21/2011

ROC Timeline

ROC package mailed to VSC 11/22/2013

NOA1 date 11/26/2013

Biometrics date 12/26/2013

Transfer notice to CSC 03/14/2014

Change of address 03/27/2014

Card production ordered 04/30/2014

10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED 05/06/2014

N-400 Timeline

N-400 package mailed 09/30/2014

N-400 package delivered 10/01/2014

NOA1 date 10/20/2014

Biometrics date 11/14/2014

Early walk-in biometrics 11/12/2014

In-line for interview 11/23/2014

Interview letter 03/18/2015

Interview date 04/17/2015 ("Decision cannot yet be made.")

In-line for oath scheduling 05/04/2015

Oath ceremony letter dated 05/11/2015

Oath ceremony 06/02/2015

I am a United States citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.