NicoleAmmari

K1 visa interview today in Morrocco--122 G!!!!!!

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi Everyone.

Today was a total let down.

I met my Finance when we both lived in Dubai. I am American he is from Morocco. I am 41 he is 29. We met in Oct 2015. I moved back to the US in March 2016 and he moved back to Morocco. While we were in Dubai we applied for a tourist visa for him. It was denied, due to lack of personal assets in his home country. We knew we wanted to be together forever. So from Dallas I started the process working with a lawyer for the K1 visa for my man.

We had pics, all the forms, everything.

He went for his interview today. The interview went well, he did well with the questions, the CO was nice. At the end of the interview the CO said that additional documents were needed since I recently moved to Dallas from Dubai and he gave him the 221-G form. Ammari then asked what the process would be, the CO took his contact info (mobile#) and said they would contact him with what additional docs are needed.

The lawyer said it was probably due to the fact that his is from Northern Africa.

I have been reading like crazy on this forum. I am going to contact my Senator's office. Email the Embassy in Casablanca and call. Anyone have other suggestions. I am desperate.

Anyone have any comments, anything similar? I am totally bummed.

Help.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Seems to be a fairly common occurrence from Moroccan embasy.

They did not give him specifics, or any sort of paper work regarding the 221G? It was not a denial, but a request for further information. That in itself is a good thing. Morocco here on VJ is known for straight denials.

Perhaps they just are wanting more evidence of your residence or job information since you had just relocated.

Keep your hopes up. Have to wait and see what they are requesting from you.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline

Seems to be a fairly common occurrence from Moroccan embasy.

They did not give him specifics, or any sort of paper work regarding the 221G? It was not a denial, but a request for further information. That in itself is a good thing. Morocco here on VJ is known for straight denials.

Perhaps they just are wanting more evidence of your residence or job information since you had just relocated.

Keep your hopes up. Have to wait and see what they are requesting from you.

Thank you! Contacting Senators office and emailing and calling the Embassy as well. This sucks! :crying:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

You can contact a senator's office but there is nothing they can do to get you out of AP or expedite it, they only thing they can do is inquire on your behalf. Morocco is one of the most difficult countries to get a visa from. Ap is background checks and he cannot be admitted until the background checks are complete.

Timeline

You can contact a senator's office but there is nothing they can do to get you out of AP or expedite it, they only thing they can do is inquire on your behalf. Morocco is one of the most difficult countries to get a visa from. Ap is background checks and he cannot be admitted until the background checks are complete.

thanks for the note. I have just been reading on here this AP thing is like a black hole. Which is scary.

Timeline

Hi Everyone.

I met my Finance when we both lived in Dubai. I am American he is from Morocco. I am 41 he is 29. We met in Oct 2015. I moved back to the US in March 2016 and he moved back to Morocco. While we were in Dubai we applied for a tourist visa for him. It was denied, due to lack of personal assets in his home country. We knew we wanted to be together forever. So from Dallas I started the process working with a lawyer for the K1 visa for my man.

He went for his interview today. The interview went well, he did well with the questions, the CO was nice. At the end of the interview the CO said that additional documents were needed since I recently moved to Dallas from Dubai and he gave him the 221-G form. Ammari then asked what the process would be, the CO took his contact info (mobile#) and said they would contact him with what additional docs are needed.

The lawyer said it was probably due to the fact that his is from Northern Africa.

I have been reading like crazy on this forum. I am going to contact my Senator's office. Email the Embassy in Casablanca and call. Anyone have other suggestions. I am desperate.

Help.

I'm currently waiting for my fiancé, who's from Morocco, to get through AP after his interview and it's been 9 days since his interview.

Did the CO ask for your fiancé's passport? On the 221-g it should indicate what documents are missing. For us they wrote in "certificate of celibacy and translation". If it is a standard document it could be highlighted on the page.

Did you front load your application? Meaning did you provide police and court records before the interview? Did you have everything translated to English? What type of additional proof did you have? Do you currently have a job in the US and meet the income requirement?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Everyone is correct, Senators office will not get involved at this point, just be glad there was not a flat out denial issued, that happens a lot there. Give them time to do their AP checks, its all part of the process

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband also got a 221 G but I was waiting outside the consulate and was able to get back into the consulate to demand to know what documents they wanted exactly and ask the time frame they needed to be returned in to prevent our case being sent back to USCIS in the US and ending up in the AP black hole.

I would recommend your fiance going back to the consulate and asking for a complete list of documents that the CO wants to ensure you both don't end up in that black hole. Your senator and elected officials can't do anything for you at this point. This is between the consulate and yourself and if two days have already passed your case has already most likely made its way back state side.

I wish you both the best.

Ally & Omar

Timeline to Immigrate to the United States of America -

Travel back to our Moroccan Home from Casa: 10/17/2014

Husband submits for vacation from Protection Civile: 10/28/2015

Husband submits for demission from Protection Civile :11/10/2014

I travel personally to the Main Office of the Protection Civile in Rabat and submit a Dolence: 12/09/2014

I travel back to the USA in preparation of the birth of our baby - 12/18/2014

Husband travels back to Rabat to the main office of the Protection Civile and meets with "Head of Human resources" and told to resubmit his vacation request - told his request will be approved by 1/15/ 2015: 1/07/2015

Husband asks commander to call main office of Protection Civile to check the status of the new vacation request and is told no one but the general can approve his request and he is on vacation: 1/28/2015

Husband stops going to work for the Protection Civile in protest: 1/29/2015

We hire a lawyer in Casablanca to help my husbands case with regards to the Protection Civile : 02/2015

Lawyer sends letter to the Main office of the Protection Civile - 02/04/2015

Our daughter is born with my husband still stuck in Morocco - 2/09/2015

Direction (Main Office) of the Protection Civile Sends out Alert Letter to my husband and my husband picks it up on- 02/13/2015

Husband goes to US Consulate to request an extension of his visa - US Consulate says they won't extend his visa however they can issue him a new one at the cost of 3000DH/ $311 -/+ and to come back the last week of the month to get his second visa- 3/08/2015

Husband returns to the US Consulate and picks up *NEW VISA* with expiration date of 09/22/2015 on: 03/26/2015

Husband's first visa expires: 04/08/2015

Protection Civile continues to pay my husband - 04/2015

The lawyer sends letters to the Ministry of the Interior - 04//2015

My husband seeks help from the Prime Minister of Morocco's political party and called the lawyer to set an appointment to check on his case: 05/6/2015

My husband seeks help from a second lawyer when the first one proves unhelpful: 05/07/2015

My husband goes to Parliment to follow up with the Prime Minister's party - set a follow up appointment at a cafe the next day: 05/08/2015

I send a letter to the Moroccan Ambassador to the United States asking for help with my husband's case (registered mail): 05/26/2015

I go to Sen. Diane Feinstein's office seeking help with my husband's demission from the Protection Civile: 05/27/2015

I go to Sen. Barbara Boxer's office seeking help with my husband's demission from the Protection Civile: 05/28/2015

My husband returns to hometown in Morocco and returned his materials, the message awaiting him says "Demission Favorable.": 06/11/2015

Lots of running around to meetings and trying to get the authorization to leave Morocco by my husband: 07/2015

Husband goes to CMN airport trying to get paperwork authorizing him to leave Morocco and with the help of some powerful people GETS THE AUTHORIZATION: 07/23/2015 :dancing:

My husband leaves Morocco and arrives in the U.S.A. and meets his daughter for the first time at SFO airport: 07/27/2015

event.png

bzBsm8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi Everyone.

Help.

u10nm5.png

hSSvm6.png

Timeline

What color was the 221g? My husband got one too back in August. It was a blue 221g - we had to get a co-sponsor. His interview was mid-August and he had his visa by the 15th of September after we found a co-sponsor, etc., He has been here in the US since 9/22, so don't give up yet, in fact, never give up !

u10nm5.png

hSSvm6.png

Timeline

I'm currently waiting for my fiancé, who's from Morocco, to get through AP after his interview and it's been 9 days since his interview.

Did the CO ask for your fiancé's passport? On the 221-g it should indicate what documents are missing. For us they wrote in "certificate of celibacy and translation". If it is a standard document it could be highlighted on the page.

Did you front load your application? Meaning did you provide police and court records before the interview? Did you have everything translated to English? What type of additional proof did you have? Do you currently have a job in the US and meet the income requirement?

Yes we had all the forms and translations, so yes of course it was front loaded and we worked with a lawyer to prepare everything.

I have just relocated back from Dubai to TX. The CO made a comment that he need to check with someone on what additonal docs were needed since I just moved to TX. I am thinking it is proof of domicle, but who really knows.

I more than meet all the requirements.

What color was the 221g? My husband got one too back in August. It was a blue 221g - we had to get a co-sponsor. His interview was mid-August and he had his visa by the 15th of September after we found a co-sponsor, etc., He has been here in the US since 9/22, so don't give up yet, in fact, never give up !

It was white. I do not think we would need a co sponser since I more than meet the income requirements.

where is your fiance from?

sorry just saw Morocco.

why did you need a co sponser if you do not mind me asking?

How did they contact you in regards to the 221? email or phone?

were you getting a K1 visa?

Timeline

Everyone is correct, Senators office will not get involved at this point, just be glad there was not a flat out denial issued, that happens a lot there. Give them time to do their AP checks, its all part of the process

Hi Beth,

Did you guys also get an AP letter?

If so what was your expereince?

Timeline

Hello- it was my husband- we are married. We had to have a cosponsor because I lived in Morocco until June 2015 - so I only had 6 months of income for 2015 and it was not enough. I had submitted letters from my current employers showing what I would make this year but it didn't matter. The CO told my husband we were approved pending we find a cosponsor. We found one and I got the documents fedexed to him, he delivered them to Aramex along with the blue 221g and his passport and he had his visa a couple weeks later. That is why I asked what color the paper was. The way I understand it, the white 221g form is for administrative processing alone. Meaning you have to wait to give them time to find out whatever it is they are investigating and they will get back with you. I hope this helps.

u10nm5.png

hSSvm6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

ok been there and went thru all of this

did you provide a police report from Dubai?

and did he have one from Dubai?

Did they keep his passport?

Your age difference is not as big as ours but Casa will make you fight for everything

and how did the other get into Embassy / i went up after our CR 1 was denied and even as born-in-America USC i was not allowed in (2011) and they said the case was already sent back to US (right after interview? definitely a lie to me

Morocco citizen can not return to embassy / he would not get past the outside guard if he does not have a letter to allow him even to the window

So, what do you do now?

if case is returned to the US, go there and marry give yourself at least 3 weeks to do the work for a marrigae and if you need the 2 page instrucions for doing this, i can send it to your email / just message me privately

incha allah

hope all is ok and you get this K 1 with no further delays

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.