PennyandDanny

Visa Interview date issues!!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi everyone.

I have a question regarding the visa interview and if anyone has come across the same problem as myself.

I paid for my interview at the Sydney (AUS) consulate on the 13/11/2016 and today 15/11/2016 have recieved my interview date for 22/11/2016 ( 4 working days, 7 days away in total).

I have received the instruction packet explaining what i need to bring, but my problem is I havent yet had my Medical or done my federal police check (which takes 15 working days at least to get back to me it says on the website)

Has anyone had an interview date given so soon, and still proceeded with their interview without certain documents ???
Or has anyone actually been able to change their visa interview date?

I have emailed asking if they can reschedule it but i am not even sure if they can change the date.

*NOTE* I havent had my medical yet as i wasnt aware the interview could be booked so soon, i have only ever seen other members have atleast a few weeks notice before their interview.

Timeline so far
I129F sent to TX 15/08/2016
NOA1 Received 19/08/2016
NOA2 Received 03/10/2016
Consulate Received 06/11/2016
DS160 & Visa interview paid 13/11/2016
Interview Date 22/11/2016 !!!????

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm not sure about in Australia but from what I'm seeing in the Philippines it is required to have medical before the interview so you can bring the results to them, in fact the medical site (in Manila) states you have to give them your interview date. I'm guessing it shouldn't be a problem to reschedule, just call them.

Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Just an update,

I have waited the past 2 days for a reply from the consulate in regard to changing my interview date, NO REPLY YET.

I got impatient and called the helpline number, the gentleman said he cannot change my date over the phone only correspondence via email (which i sent 2 days ago as soon as i realised the 22nd was 7 days away from the email).
So as it stands i have an interview for next tuesday and the only documents i can provide is my receipt for the interview, birth certificate, passport, photograph, completed DS160. I need my medical and police check aswell as a completed I-134 affidavit of support, which those 3 are the main 3 i really need
My police check has been completed but takes atleast 3-5 days to get to me.

I still have not been given a reason as to why i only got 4 working days notice to organize for my interview.

Frustration and stress does not come close to what is happening atm.
Hopefully they will reply soon and have a new interview date

I will update as soon as i know anything

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Aus/NZ Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is consulate-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Let us know how it turns out. My fiance and I just received our NVC number last week and were hoping to get an interview date for late January at the sydney consulate?

Edited by AshMarty

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

Timeline

Hi guys and girls.
Just an update.

I went to Sydney for the Visa interview, had my medical the day before the interview and on the day of the interview, about 2 hours before my designated appointment of 10:45 i received an email from UStraveldocs, with a reply email to the 10+ emails i sent from 15-18 of November asking to change my interview date.
Well long story short i DID NOT attend my interview on NOV 22nd, and My new Interview was rescheduled to the 31 JAN 2017.

I spent almost 4 hours on hold with the help desk trying to get an explanation they could not reply back for 4 days. And why i was given an initial interview date 7 days in advanced, with only 5 working days to prepare (that is just not fair).

I can only look at the positives of this, which are i will have every single document i need for my interview on 31 JAN 2017, which i wouldnt of had if i had continued with the interview on NOV 22nd.

I would not wish the stress and frustration i have had to deal with over the past few weeks leading up to 22nd of NOV on anyone but i am hopeful for the future.

Goodluck to anyone on their Visa journeys, its a long tough road but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi guys and girls.

Just an update.

I went to Sydney for the Visa interview, had my medical the day before the interview and on the day of the interview, about 2 hours before my designated appointment of 10:45 i received an email from UStraveldocs, with a reply email to the 10+ emails i sent from 15-18 of November asking to change my interview date.

Well long story short i DID NOT attend my interview on NOV 22nd, and My new Interview was rescheduled to the 31 JAN 2017.

I spent almost 4 hours on hold with the help desk trying to get an explanation they could not reply back for 4 days. And why i was given an initial interview date 7 days in advanced, with only 5 working days to prepare (that is just not fair).

I can only look at the positives of this, which are i will have every single document i need for my interview on 31 JAN 2017, which i wouldnt of had if i had continued with the interview on NOV 22nd.

I would not wish the stress and frustration i have had to deal with over the past few weeks leading up to 22nd of NOV on anyone but i am hopeful for the future.

Goodluck to anyone on their Visa journeys, its a long tough road but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Thank you for the update and hopefully everything is smooth for you from here on out! I made my fiance read this string so hopefully we can avoid this kind of stress. Thanks for sharing!

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.