irishgirl73

my man is homesick

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hey everyone! My man is having a really bad day today-he is feeling alone & homesick. Any ideas on how I might be able to cheer him up? His Mom just came for a visit, which was great but it made him a little upset & he really misses his mates.

My heart breaks for him but I am not really sure how I can help :(

I am sure most people go through this but it is all new to us-any suggestions?

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

Hey everyone! My man is having a really bad day today-he is feeling alone & homesick. Any ideas on how I might be able to cheer him up? His Mom just came for a visit, which was great but it made him a little upset & he really misses his mates.

He needs to find some new mates. Is there any place near to you that has others from his own country? Clubs, social groups and the like? It will take time for him to acclimate to his new surroundings and things like this are normal. Just stand with him and go out and do as much as you can with him.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

He needs to find some new mates. Is there any place near to you that has others from his own country? Clubs, social groups and the like? It will take time for him to acclimate to his new surroundings and things like this are normal. Just stand with him and go out and do as much as you can with him.

I know he needs to meet new people it is just hard & the only place seems to be in pubs. He needs to get out there & try. It is hard b/c he can't drive yet, but he can certainly take the train into the city. i am trying to get him enrolled in some acting classes-I think it would be good for him.

he is just having a bad day I guess.

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Any ideas on how I might be able to cheer him up?

did you miss this thread?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t=0&start=0

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

get him involved with something he likes or maybe a community volunteer program because he can't work.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Any ideas on how I might be able to cheer him up?

did you miss this thread?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t=0&start=0

:lol::lol:

K1 Journey:

April 13/06 NOA1 from NSC

June 1/06 - Moved to CSC

August 12/06 APPROVED - NOA2!!

August 28/06 Left NVC. . . Vancouver Bound!

September 27/06 Interview APPROVED, with visa in hand

October 29/06 Moving Date

December 30/06 Married!!

AOS Journey:

January 16/07 Sent out AOS, EAD, and AP docs

January 23/07 NOA1's for AOS, EAD and AP

February 13/07 Biometrics in Portland, OR

April 7/07 EAD and AP Received

April 24/07 Interview Scheduled . . . and APPROVED, stamp and all!

May 7/07 Greencard is in my hands!

ROC Journey:

February 17/09 Sent I-751 to CSC

February 18/09 NOA1

March 14/09 Biometrics appt.

April 22/09 Date of Approval!!

June 25/09 Greencard arrives in the mail!

*Everything I post is just my .02 cents, seek a lawyer for anything beyond that.*

Habitat for humanity? It gets him out of the house and I'm sure people go down to the pub after a day of volunteering.

http://www.habitat.org/

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Habitat for humanity? It gets him out of the house and I'm sure people go down to the pub after a day of volunteering.

http://www.habitat.org/

excellent suggestion, i did this a few years back on a week-end..had a good time and got to know several people from the area..

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Habitat is a great idea!

As long as you don't have to listen to that damned Bon Jovi song *smile*

All ages of people get involved with habitat and it probably is a good way to make lasting friends!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Habitat is a great idea!

As long as you don't have to listen to that damned Bon Jovi song *smile*

All ages of people get involved with habitat and it probably is a good way to make lasting friends!

hey, they played it when i was working 2 years ago..is that stnadard procedure ?

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Hi!

Sorry to hear he is going through this, you cna always PM me anytime, me and hubby would be willing to travel down and see you, since we have known each other for a while now, might make him feel better to hear an English voice? As you know i am in State College PA, about 2 hours from you!

I find it hard to but i have my driving test in 2 weeks and have made a few mates though hubbys mates. We are all out tonight for a good old night out on the tiles!

Sorry he is feeling this. Hope to hear from you in PM.

Mel

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png