97 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Do ya'll have an age difference? How much older are you than him?

How long have you known each other?

How long have you been dating?

How often have you seen each other in person? How many times, and for how long?

What evidence was provided?

Sadly, her opinion on your relationship is all that matters when it comes to bringing him over to the US. If you tells us what evidence that you sent, we may be able to figure out why she came to it being down to not having enough friends on Facebook.

It's much like being hired at a job, they may tell you that you're not qualified because of prior experience, but in all honestly the HR just didn't like your face. They won't always tell you the ACTUAL reason, they may just tell you a reason that's easier to hear, or one that can be put down into the system.

They have 6 mutual friends on FB, but only ONE mutual friend that lives in Vegas and she doesn't have a facebook, the IO asked which mutual friend did they meet through, and he said the girl without a facebook. Then they asked him if he had any mutual friends in Vegas, and he said the same person without a facebook. In this case, they went to look up the person without a facebook, and came back with nothing. So to them, he's telling them he met through this person on FB, that doesn't exist on FB. Why he didn't say the husbands name, who still has a FB, I don't know.

Also, on FB you can hide things that the public can't see. Her stuff is hidden, even if she had 300 mutual friends, none of them would have shown on her FB if she set it to not show.

She is no longer on Facebook but she did have an account. Again because of how my page is set up she wouldn't have been able to see anyone. Currently we have 6 mutual friends (one lives here) we did have 8 but the couple took down their pages due to the issues going on their (genocide). He said we met on Facebook by having mutual friends never did we say anyone introduced us to each other. Anytime you're on Facebook they recommend friends you add that's how we met.

Bedilu & Jennifer (L)

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Not really

Why would you set FB not allow to see? especially interview and said met on FB....

if you don't set private, we all can see who is your friends on FB and CO can see it also.

How many years you guy chat? and now can't see your FB by CO...I woud raise suspicious also.

I-129F sent August 6th 2016

NOA1 Received August 8th 2016

Approved October 11th 2016

Hard Copy NOA2 Received October 17th 2016

NVC Received October 25th 2016

NVC Case Assign October 26th 2016

Left NVC October 31st

Paid Visa Fees November 1st 2016

Embassy Received November 4th 2016

Packet 3 Received November 11th 2016

Medical December 12th 2016

Interview December 21st 2016

Visa In Hand??

POE Houston ????

Hopes being together by Christmas :):)

Timeline

4 years older

20 months

Together 14 months

Face time a week when I went there

Evidence: pictures, emails, what's up app, call log, 'money sent, proof ofe getting baptized into the religion (orthodox), wedding plans,

This might seem nothing to some but people have gotten approved with less and it's all up to whoever is interviewing you.

Nobody introduced us to one another after we started talking on our own tsige started question him with his intentions for me on Facebook. Nobody brought us together. He told her we met on there by having mutual friends and she asked who he said her. When she wanted to look her up he told her she no longer has Facebook so she wanted someone else. And since she clearly was mad that she couldn't see anything she said I was just looking for a man!

Bedilu & Jennifer (L)

Timeline

Look like you didn't do your homework before interview. that is lack of evidence

Left NVC October 31st

Visa In Hand??

POE Houston ????

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So my fiancé had his interview today. Everything went well until he was asked how did we met.... Facebook! We didn't lied we met on Facebook we had at the time 2 mutual friends and started talking on our own. I asked my friend here to speak with him she did just that along with her husband (they're all Ethiopian). She deleted her account and he is never really on there much. We now have 6 mutual friends with one of them being here in Las Vegas. My profile on Facebook is locked so if you aren't my friend you can't see who's on my page also if we are friends you can only see who out mutual friends are.

Because of us not having a lot of Nevada friends on Facebook it was denied she told him that I was just looking for a man, but told him what we can do to fix the problem. She was happy that I got baptized, been a member of the Ethiopian church, and have been learning the language. But because of the lack of Facebook friends she denied it.

I would like to know would it be pointless to do the K 1 visa again? (She told him if we had more Vegas friends she would have approved)

Or go back and get married?

Please don't think we didn't have proof we had a lot of it but it didn't mean anything since we didn't have more Vegas friends

It's unheard of, that one was denied a visa due to lack of mutual friends on social media. CO know couples that met online but proofs like photographs, communication records have always been convincing. If it were me, I wouldn't have told the CO that we met online (even if we did). Have you even visited this man? Taken photos? Met familes and friends?

Timeline

Not really

Why would you set FB not allow to see? especially interview and said met on FB....

if you don't set private, we all can see who is your friends on FB and CO can see it also.

How many years you guy chat? and now can't see your FB by CO...I woud raise suspicious also.

You are again missing what I am saying!!

If you are not my friend on Facebook you can't see anything! You can add me if we have mutual friends but if again we are not friends you can't see anything. A lot of people have their pages like that it has nothing to do with the CO! Bedilu can see my page but she wouldn't look at his to see mine. Again nothing suspicious with having your page set up like that. Come on now really?

It's unheard of, that one was denied a visa due to lack of mutual friends on social media. CO know couples that met online but proofs like photographs, communication records have always been convincing. If it were me, I wouldn't have told the CO that we met online (even if we did). Have you even visited this man? Taken photos? Met familes and friends?

I told the truth! And yes I met him, took pictures and all that. So I repeat it was because she couldn't find who I the mutual friends were on my page since she couldn't see anybody on my page.

Bedilu & Jennifer (L)

Timeline

I can see someone FB with how many friends before add them to friends on my FB. unless you setup private page.

I can check tons of people FB how many friends they had before I even add them.. CO can't even see your FB friends?

There must me private blocking FB

Left NVC October 31st

Visa In Hand??

POE Houston ????

Timeline

Nobody is listening to me.

My page on Facebook is setup to where if we are not friends you can not see my friends. So yes the CO went on my page and couldn't see my friends. But there's pictures on my page that he is tagged in and I am tagged in on both of our pages. My profile picture is of us. She wanted to see who the friends where on my page but couldn't because she wasn't my friend.

So please everyone stop telling me that there's more to the story he isn't telling me. He told someone else the same story and they too were shocked but on 10/25 someone else was denied for the same reason of meeting on Facebook.

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and option I will figure out the next step and keep you all posted.

Bedilu & Jennifer (L)

Timeline

anyway, sounds like something missing from the interview...Some red flags you might not telling us..

Bottom line is when they denied, its pain to re file again...Only make more visit and file spousal is best chance

Left NVC October 31st

Visa In Hand??

POE Houston ????

Timeline

I can see someone FB with how many friends before add them to friends on my FB. unless you setup private page.

I can check tons of people FB how many friends they had before I even add them.. CO can't even see your FB friends?

There must me private blocking FB

Yes it is blocked because I was tired of getting fake accounts adding me and adding my friends with viruses. I have my reason for why I did my page like that. NoT because I have something to hide.

One week...only 7 days of face time is not good evidence.

There's a lot of people who had the same time or less and got approved!

anyway, sounds like something missing from the interview...Some red flags you might not telling us..

Bottom line is when they denied, its pain to re file again...Only make more visit and file spousal is best chance

No! There's nothing I am missing! We had a strong case and because of Facebook friends she made an issue. But you are opened to think what you want.

Bedilu & Jennifer (L)

Timeline

I am right, You setup FB for private...If not, CO would see it..But why you set only you can see and knowing the interview?

Left NVC October 31st

Visa In Hand??

POE Houston ????

Timeline

They had same time or less with approved, because they might get lucky and all case different. Never compare case to case.

Left NVC October 31st

Visa In Hand??

POE Houston ????

Timeline

Why is it when someone gets denied you all swear it's because we made the mistake and not think that the CO could hav just been doing it to be rude?

Come on there's people faking relationships ever day that get approved with little to no evidence at all! But when people have a strong relationship that that person might not agree with you all say oh red flags?? Please tell me what red flags???

Because we all perceive things differently so for one person to hold another persons future in their hands is crazy.

Him and I know we showed everything and did everything RIGHT! We didn't lie or cut corners. Him and I will get married and go from there.

You all really shouldn't think that all the CO's are honest in their decision making. They make mistakes just like we do; and I know for a fact there wasn't anything else wrong she didn't know that shshe could see people on my page. Again that is not a red flag or a reason to deny someone and then say I was just looking for a man.

Bedilu & Jennifer (L)

Timeline

You mentioned FB meeting, and know your interview come. Lack of Facetime and Fb is block!!!!!! WOOOOOOW

that is big red flag.. CO want to see your FB maybe they dont see much calling face time

Left NVC October 31st

Visa In Hand??

POE Houston ????

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.