1,501 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

My PD is December 7th 2016, waiting, waiting, waiting, I'm going to be an old man by the time I get the green card. 

Hope they get a move on soon.

My wife is living in Chicago and I am in Australia, it is so hard being apart :( I miss her so much.

Edited by Steve Down Under

Filed: Timeline

Approved!

PD: Oct 24, 2016

NOA2 received in mail today, website still not updated. 

PD OCT 24 2016
RFE December 01, 2017
RFE Received December 20, 2017
Approval Date January 02, 2018

Hopin for good news as well for all

who are waiting.

Edited by nikkitembo

21 minutes ago, nikkitembo said:

Approved!

PD: Oct 24, 2016

NOA2 received in mail today, website still not updated. 

PD OCT 24 2016
RFE December 01, 2017
RFE Received December 20, 2017
Approval Date January 02, 2018

Hopin for good news as well for all

who are waiting.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!

I cross my fingers that NVC receives your case quickly

Certainly it brings hope to us all

Dec 19, 2016: F2A I-130 Priority Date

AOS with pending I-130 (F2A):

March 2, 2018: AOS Package PD (I-485, EAD, AP)

March 14, 2018: NOA1  / E-Notification // Physical Mail: March 20, 2018

March 17, 2018: Biometric Appt Notice received //  Appointment: April 6th

March 29 RFIE // April 11 USCIS received RFIE response

May 10, 2018: I-130 Approved  :D *But case sent to NVC*

July 11: INFOPASS Appt + Sent Additional Documents

July 20: Case Ready for Interview (Finally!)

August 14: Card being produced //  August 22: Combo Card in hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

USCIS received response to RFE on 31 Oct and still no response from them. It has been 71 days since response to RFE was received. Still waiting :( 

PD Dec 19, 2016

Still waiting, and haven't heard anything since then.

I filed I-130 for my spouse in Mar 2017 as an LPR. I turned USC in Nov 2017, and my application was upgraded to spouse of USC from spouse of LPR on Dec 6, 2017. The application is pending at CSC

Based on forums, the I-130 for spouse of USC is getting approved with May 2017 priority dates, but my application is not yet approved. I went to an infopass appt last week, and they told me that my application was "touched" on Dec 13, and they dont know what happened with that touch. They were unable to provide any other info, and asked me to just wait. 

Can someone please advise what can I do to expedite this in any way given other applications with the same category are getting approved. 

31 minutes ago, pkd1 said:

I filed I-130 for my spouse in Mar 2017 as an LPR. I turned USC in Nov 2017, and my application was upgraded to spouse of USC from spouse of LPR on Dec 6, 2017. The application is pending at CSC

Based on forums, the I-130 for spouse of USC is getting approved with May 2017 priority dates, but my application is not yet approved. I went to an infopass appt last week, and they told me that my application was "touched" on Dec 13, and they dont know what happened with that touch. They were unable to provide any other info, and asked me to just wait. 

Can someone please advise what can I do to expedite this in any way given other applications with the same category are getting approved. 

No two cases are the same, and I can speak only for myself, but CSC is a dissapointing black hole. Ask around the K Visa forums to see if you a K3 Visa is an option for you, I don't know how those ones work.

Edited by Tenreyro

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi Ppl, i am a green card holder and july 4th 2018 will be my 5th year in usa. I filed i130 for my wife and son oct 2016. I got the 1797 notice that it was received. Jan 2nd, 2018, it was approved. Please am kind of new here family, what is expected of me to do next? I called uscis last week to find out about my case, the lady i spoke with said they are yet to receive my package.  Anybody point me the right direction as to how to get my self prepared, info to digest upon, how to go about next phase etc. Thanks folks

Edited by Peteddy

26 minutes ago, Peteddy said:

Hi Ppl, i am a green card holder and july 4th 2018 will be my 5th year in usa. I filed i130 for my wife and son oct 2016. I got the 1797 notice that it was received. Jan 2nd, 2018, it was approved. Please am kind of new here family, what is expected of me to do next? I called uscis last week to find out about my case, the lady i spoke with said they are yet to receive my package.  Anybody point me the right direction as to how to get my self prepared, info to digest upon, how to go about next phase etc. Thanks folks

Hi Peteddy, 

First of all, Welcome to the forum. Second of all, Congratulations on the approval! 

I imagine your wife and son are in another country, what would come next is the NVC stage, first of all you would receive a welcome letter. You must prepare yourself for the fees you have to pay and the documents you have to submit. Basicaly it has 4 steps: Choosing an agent, paying fees, submitting your documents, and getting an interview. However, it will take some time, and your interview will only be assigned when the Priority Date becomes current. You can learn all about it here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html

And also in the VJ's guide: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

This is if your wife and son are outside the U.S., if they are in the US, then it would have to be via Adjustment of Status. 

42 minutes ago, Peteddy said:

Hi Ppl, i am a green card holder and july 4th 2018 will be my 5th year in usa.

Also, congrats on your almost 5 years. If later you apply for Citizenship, your son will become citizen with you if he has less than 18 years old, and is already living in the U.S. by the time you become a citizen. (Not relevant right now, but important to keep in mind in the future).

Edited by Tenreyro

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Tenreyro said:

Hi Peteddy, 

First of all, Welcome to the forum. Second of all, Congratulations on the approval! 

I imagine your wife and son are in another country, what would come next is the NVC stage, first of all you would receive a welcome letter. You must prepare yourself for the fees you have to pay and the documents you have to submit. Basicaly it has 4 steps: Choosing an agent, paying fees, submitting your documents, and getting an interview. However, it will take some time, and your interview will only be assigned when the Priority Date becomes current. You can learn all about it here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html

And also in the VJ's guide: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

This is if your wife and son are outside the U.S., if they are in the US, then it would have to be via Adjustment of Status. 

Waooo... thanks alot for the prompt response. My family arent in USA. Please one other thing, the two letters i have received i mean i1797 notice, the only name on the letters is my wife name. My son name isnt on it. I did include his name in the i130. I dont know why his name not on the letter. 

7 minutes ago, Peteddy said:

Waooo... thanks alot for the prompt response. My family arent in USA. Please one other thing, the two letters i have received i mean i1797 notice, the only name on the letters is my wife name. My son name isnt on it. I did include his name in the i130. I dont know why his name not on the letter. 

My guess is that only hers appears because he is a derivative applicant, with your wife being the principal. If you included him on the i-130.

Actually, I found this same topic on this forum, and this response is really helpful: (It is for a fiancee beneficiary, but I believe it applies to your case also)

On 7/7/2012 at 1:47 PM, JimVaPhuong said:

You didn't petition for the children. You petitioned for their mother. The approved petition makes her children eligible to apply for derivative visas. The reason the consulate usually wants to see the children listed on the petition is because they want proof that the petitioner is aware that the children exist, and acknowledges by this that they know the children will be eligible to apply for derivative visas.

The children submit their visa applications at the same time your fiancee submits hers. There should be instructions in packet 3 for derivatives. The consular process for K2's is usually the same as for K1's, but the forms and documents required are usually a little different.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.