enxhi96

AOS November 2016 Filers

3,547 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Hey Guys,

Weird thing happened...

So they asked for an RFE for the I-485 form. We sent what they want they received it last Friday. (24th)

Before we even sent the RFE for this form, I already had another RFE request status for I-765, which I still didn't get in the mail.

Today I checked the status online, and the RFE was sent for the I-765 is now changed to Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received. (WTH? I didn't even get the RFE in the mail yet...)

But the status for the I-485 is still Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed....(which I sent the RFE for last week)

What the heck?

My only guess is they might have screwed up the statuses...

Is it possible? Anyone have had the same experience??

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lithuania
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Lena95 said:

Hey guys!

I'm organizing our AOS box for the interview right now and I noticed that my wife's paystubs are still under single! My wife told HR sooo many times that she got married. She even gave them a copy of our marriage certificate and they said they will make sure they change it but yet it still says single on her paystubs :help: Is this going to affect us at the interview? :(

I think you will need to prove more evidences about "bona fida" marriage.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Kestutis said:

I think you will need to prove more evidences about "bona fida" marriage.

Well we have a bunch of pictures of us, with our puppy, her family and my family, we have a Joint bank account (she made her personal bank account as our joint account), we have a phone plan together, proof that we live together at her parents house and we also filed her taxes jointly.

She also changed her name on her DL and social security.

It just really sucks about the pay stubs! They didn't even change her name! Its really harsh and nerve-wracking. If one thing goes well there is always something that takes away the excitement! I'm super anxious and worried now!

Edited by Lena95

16 hours ago, DeesGirl said:

Hey guys quick question...

How much time in advance do they notify you of your AOS interview? 

i have a trip coming up in May and Im hoping to have enough time to plan around it.

Is anyone from NYC still waiting on an interview? We've heard nothing. 

i'm in NY too and still haven't heard anything about aos :/ would prefer to be approved without interview anyway

4 hours ago, Lena95 said:

Hey guys!

I'm organizing our AOS box for the interview right now and I noticed that my wife's paystubs are still under single! My wife told HR sooo many times that she got married. She even gave them a copy of our marriage certificate and they said they will make sure they change it but yet it still says single on her paystubs :help: Is this going to affect us at the interview? :(

The withholding on the paystub means nothing. It just determines how much withholding comes out of your paycheck. For instance, my parents are married, and due to their necessity for withholding, both are marked as "single" on their paystubs. I don't think this would affect the interview at all. Being marked as single just means they withhold more. It evens itself out when you file your tax returns. So it really doesn't matter.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, chicago1987 said:

The withholding on the paystub means nothing. It just determines how much withholding comes out of your paycheck. For instance, my parents are married, and due to their necessity for withholding, both are marked as "single" on their paystubs. I don't think this would affect the interview at all. Being marked as single just means they withhold more. It evens itself out when you file your tax returns. So it really doesn't matter.

Puuuh!! Thank you! That calms me down a lot!

I guess I'm just too worried about everything :blush:

Have a good one!

Just now, Lena95 said:

Puuuh!! Thank you! That calms me down a lot!

I guess I'm just too worried about everything :blush:

Have a good one!

Not a problem. Had our interview last week. I never updated my withholding at work for being married. I doubt they would ask you - and if they did, it's a simple explanation. 

Timeline
Just now, chicago1987 said:

Not a problem. Had our interview last week. I never updated my withholding at work for being married. I doubt they would ask you - and if they did, it's a simple explanation. 

Oh wow! That's good to hear!

How did your interview go by the way?

2 minutes ago, Lena95 said:

Oh wow! That's good to hear!

How did your interview go by the way?

If it wasn't for a missing gonorrhea test on the I-864 we would have been approved that day (3/21). The local field office received the new medical yesterday. We are waiting on an update.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, chicago1987 said:

If it wasn't for a missing gonorrhea test on the I-864 we would have been approved that day (3/21). The local field office received the new medical yesterday. We are waiting on an update.

Ohh yes I read that! I just didn't recognize the username. 

It sucks that this happened to you! I hope you will get an update soon! 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 hours ago, MiaTher said:

It means what it says, that they have processed your case and it's ready for an interview. It happens, some cases are processed in less time than others, but the status could stay at "ready for interview" for a few months, and until your local office schedules it. When they're ready they'll send you a letter with the date, time and place of your interview, so all you can do now is wait. 

From what I've seen they usually notify about a month/month 1/2 in advance, give or take. Mine was scheduled on February 2, and the interview day was March 10. 

Thanks for that!

10/3/16 Married in NYC!

11/4/16 Mailed forms to Chicago lockbox via FedEx

11/7/16 Paperwork received at lockbox

11/22/16 NOA Received via Text/Email

12/15/16 Biometrics complete

02/06/17: EAD card Being produced

02/09/17: EAD card mailed

02/16/17: EAD card received (with typographic error)

02/17/17: EAD Typographic error E-Request sent

02/21/17: EAD Correction application with documents mailed to NBC

02/24/17: EAD Packet signed by USCIS

03/14/17: Text/Email NOA

03/21/17: Hardcopy NOA received

03/25/17: Mailed out I-131

04/10/17: Biometrics repeated for EAD I-765

04/21/17: i-131 Expedite request

05/10/17: I-131 Approved at Infopass appointment

06/12/17: Local congresswoman contacted

06/19/17: Documents sent to congresswoman 

06/20/17: i-765 EAD Card is being produced

06/24/17: NOA hard copy received

06/26/17: EAD Card in hand

09/13/17: AOS interview

09/13/17: Green Card produced

09/15/17: Green Card mailed

09/18/17: Green Card in hand

Timeline
3 hours ago, enxhi96 said:

i'm in NY too and still haven't heard anything about aos :/ would prefer to be approved without interview anyway

Ha! Wishful thinking...we're hoping for the same. 

10/3/16 Married in NYC!

Timeline
16 hours ago, Suss&Camm said:

WOW... I heard ya! ;) got some lungs huh.. :o:jest:

Thanks so much :)

Ha ha! Anytime ...good luck with everything.

10/3/16 Married in NYC!

Filed: Timeline
5 hours ago, Lena95 said:

Hey guys!

that is simply a tax withholding rate and doesnt mean anything for immigration. 

to change it, simply fill out a new W4 and submit that to your payroll. telling HR is a waste of time. you'll get more money in your paycheck too.

2006 - Entered US on F-1
2009 - COS to H-1
2011 - Married USC

Conditional GC Process:
04/2012 - Concurrent I-130 petition / I-485 AOS / I-765 EAD / I-131 AP sent
35 days to biometrics, 73 days to EAD/AP combo card, 85 days to interview, 96 days to Conditional Green Card

04/2014 - Eligible for ROC

06/2014 - I-751 package filing joint with spouse sent

5 days to extension,37 days to biometrics, 172 days to CSC transfer, 247 days to Green Card

04/2015 - Eligible for Citizenship

09/2015 - N-400 package filing on basis of USC spouse sent

29 days to biometrics, 105 days to interview, 147 days to oath and US citizenship

~ 9 years and 6 months from first entry to US citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.