Joetan

Embassy reply to Senator

24 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Well that is sad. But the truth is also, that Western Europeans have no economic advantages immigrating to USA. The level of living is similar and income is mostly similar as well. In fact low paying and middle paying jobs are better in Western Europe, only high level jobs (e.g CEOs etc have better conditions in the US).

Therefore, we don`t have a real economic reason to conduct immigration fraud or any other fraud to come to USA.

I understand this is different with Africa, so maybe my comment should only be understood for Europeans.

Edited by Michael2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I'm the beneficiary and I've sent thousands of dollars to my husband over the years because when you're in a relationship, you support each other financially and emotionally. With that said, we did not included money transfer receipts as evidence as we were afraid it would look like I was buying a green card. I would not recommend sending money transfer receipts because it's too much up to interpretation of the CO, whether he'll see it as support or money for green card.

OP, once you get the letter from USCIS, you'll hopefully know better why you were denied and how to overcome it.

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

should not have sent western union transactions / looks like being used for money

I know you are married and should share assests but i also know spouse can not send money from Ghana so this is one way

Ghana is a high fraud country and tough embassy

You will need to do as your letter tells you and try to overcome the denial with USCIS office here

but more than likely you will need to apply again

This is not easy and will take time so you need patience and a lot more evidence of bona fide marriage / so sorry but ours took over 6 years so i and many others do know what you go thru

Where did Joetan write that money is being sent from Ghana?

You incorrectly assumed that because the beneficiary is the man, he must be the one sending the money to the female petitioner.

Timeline

I'm the beneficiary and I've sent thousands of dollars to my husband over the years because when you're in a relationship, you support each other financially and emotionally. With that said, we did not included money transfer receipts as evidence as we were afraid it would look like I was buying a green card. I would not recommend sending money transfer receipts because it's too much up to interpretation of the CO, whether he'll see it as support or money for green card.

OP, once you get the letter from USCIS, you'll hopefully know better why you were denied and how to overcome it.

A beneficiary sending money to a petitioner definitely can look suspicious. However, it does not look too suspicious if a petitioner sends money to the beneficiary. In fact, that is something that can help a case.

Furthermore, it is definitely not suspicious if a petitioner in the US sends money to a beneficiary in a third world country. I don't know why you would not reveal that you are helping a spouse currently living in a foreign country, particularly one that is not well off.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

You incorrectly assumed that because the beneficiary is the man, he must be the one sending the money to the female petitioner.

thank you I am the petitioner and I never thought it was an issue sending money to my husband in Ghana I know he don't make allot and I wanted the best for him so u would help him with things so again I never knew it could look like scam is it like I'm buying Love thank you for backing me up. Edited by Joetan

Timeline

You misunderstood that comment.

The person meant that she/he was assuming that the money was coming from US not Ghana. If it was going both ways then it wouldnt have been a huge problem

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline

Look, don't try to understand what goes on at the Ghana embassy , because it's not logical over there. I met this lady who used to work with the Ghana embassy for a non-profit. She told me about 2 years ago, the embassy had an overhaul, and everyone was fired . Now, they treat everyone like their committing fraud. They deny visa fo any type of reason rational or not. It's really a pity because they really waste so much time with filing , being denied, and then having to wait another year for the case to be reaffirmed. I am seeing more cases that were denied in Ghana are being reaffirmed. Hopefully, that should be a clue that something is amidst at that embassy. My husband was denied in June 2015. They held his case for so long! Even USCIS, didn't understand why the embassy has not returned my case file to them. When I received my NOIR, the information for the denial on the letter was totally incorrect. I don't know if they didn't review the evidence or documentation we submitted or if they were just making up information to support the denial. Luckily, I had receipts, documents,pictures, etc. to refute every statement made by the CO, and my case was reaffirmed.

I urge everyone to keep contacting their representatives and senators, and maybe someone will do something about the policy and procedures in that office.

Edited by REM4ALWAYS

Timeline

What does not look suspicious is when the petitioner sends money to his or her beneficiary in another country.

You are the beneficiary and you are sending money to the petitioner who lives in the United States. As you stated, that definitely would look like you are buying a green card.

Usually, it is the beneficiary who needs some help financially.

Timeline

Look, don't try to understand what goes on at the Ghana embassy , because it's not logical over there. I met this lady who used to work with the Ghana embassy for a non-profit. She told me about 2 years ago, the embassy had an overhaul, and everyone was fired . Now, they treat everyone like their committing fraud. They deny visa fo any type of reason rational or not. It's really a pity because they really waste so much time with filing , being denied, and then having to wait another year for the case to be reaffirmed. I am seeing more cases that were denied in Ghana are being reaffirmed. Hopefully, that should be a clue that something is amidst at that embassy. My husband was denied in June 2015. They held his case for so long! Even USCIS, didn't understand why the embassy has not returned my case file to them. When I received my NOIR, the information for the denial on the letter was totally incorrect. I don't know if they didn't review the evidence or documentation we submitted or if they were just making up information to support the denial. Luckily, I had receipts, documents,pictures, etc. to refute every statement made by the CO, and my case was reaffirmed.

I urge everyone to keep contacting their representatives and senators, and maybe someone will do something about the policy and procedures in that office.

Thanks for this post. My husband was denied in September 2015, and for what, he was never told. We used a lawyer, had more than enough evidence. His case took 6 months to get back to USCIS, and now we are awaiting the NOIR.

I contacted the USCIS Ombudsman to intervene. They did, and still the USCIS says the file is actively being investigated.

It's been over one year. You are right about wasting so much time and money, and for what?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.