NVC Filers - November 2016

795 posts in this topic

Hey everyone

Finally got my CC confirmed when i called NVC today after checking the 3 N/As

WOW can't believe it's happening .

Scan date 22nd Sept

Supervisor review 4th Nov

CC by phone 17th Nov

They said the NVC is scheduling our interview and we will hear back from them within 10 days

Anyone from Seoul?

Dating from : June 1st, 2012
Marriage: December 31st, 2015
File I-130: Feb 23rd, 2016
NOA 1: Feb 26th, 2016 (Nebraska)
File I-129F : March 21st, 2016
USCIS Timeline
2016/02/23: Sent I-130
2016/02/26: Priority Date (Nerbraska Service Center)
2016/02/29: Received "USCIS Acceptance Confirmation"
2016/07/05: Case Approved (Approval Notice)
2016/07/08: I-129F Fiance petition decision letter (applied for both however after approving I-130 the i-129 was rejected
NVC Timeline
2016/08/11 : Received (ACL)-Case and Invoice number from NVC
2016/08/12 : AOS and IV fees Payment Proceed by our Lawyer (Status Showing PAID online)
2016/09/16: Package sent to NVC
2016/09/16: File arrived at NVC
2016/09/23: Received NOA (Scan Date)
2016/11/02: 6 weeks NVC
2016/11/04: NVC Supervisor transfer
2016/11/17: Case Completed (confirmed by phone)
2016/11/18: Email confirmation with W2 checklist to bring the interview date
2016/11/23: Case Complete Letter
2016/12/20: Medical
2017/01/09: Interview Date (Jan 9th 8:30 AM)
VISA Approved
Received VISA

Thank you freetz. The reason I thought timeline can vary is because employment based cases do not have AOS fee and package involved, so may be less documents to review by NVC. But may be not.

Glad to know that I have 2 other fellow members going through employment based immigration.

Good luck to you too :)

At first I thought the exact same thing, but after seeing timelines of members here and in other forums, I believe that's not the case :/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Called NVC this morning and was told December interview scheduling was closed yesterday. Scheduling for January interviews will commence during last week of the month. I will call again Monday to see if I get a different story.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

Called NVC this morning and was told December interview scheduling was closed yesterday. Scheduling for January interviews will commence during last week of the month. I will call again Monday to see if I get a different story.

I was told the same thing :( I'm so upset!! They said and January is slim chance too bc a lot of embassies are full in January! I hate nvc! I wish they would let us gather our documents ourselves and take care of it without them just delaying the process even more

-July 2015- my cousin from Romania introduced us via facebook(he is from Romania, moved to Austria 5 years ago, my fam is from Romania)

-September 2015-first time meeting in person

-December 2015-went to meet his fam in Austria, got engaged

-February 12 2016-had my civil marriage in Austria, my parents went with me

-April 2016- went to spend my birthday with him in Austria/Romania

-September 2016- went to Romania together for one month

I-130- 2/19/16
NOA1- 2/24/16
I-130 approved- 8/16/16
NVC received- 9/1/16
Receive AOS bill- 9/17/16
Pay AOS bill- 9/17/16
Send AOS package- 9/17/16
Send IV package- 9/17/16
Receive IV bill- 9/23/16
Pay IV bill- 9/23/16
DS-261- 9/27/16
CC- 11/18/16
In Transit- 12/6/16
Medical- 12/7/16
Interview- 12/22/16

Visa Approved- 12/22/16

Visa in hand- 12/23/16

US entry- 12/26/16

For both of you - does it sound embassy dependent? Like your countries are already full or a more general "all interviews are full". Probably didn't come up, just wondering what vibe you got.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My wife's embassy is one of the easier ones to get an interview scheduled. I am actually surprised they closed scheduling for January already. I'm sure my embassy still has available openings for December. We were not told January is full. I am anticipating an early January interview now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

My wife's embassy is one of the easier ones to get an interview scheduled. I am actually surprised they closed scheduling for January already. I'm sure my embassy still has available openings for December. We were not told January is full. I am anticipating an early January interview now.

Which embassy? My husband is in Austria

-July 2015- my cousin from Romania introduced us via facebook(he is from Romania, moved to Austria 5 years ago, my fam is from Romania)

-September 2015-first time meeting in person

-December 2015-went to meet his fam in Austria, got engaged

-February 12 2016-had my civil marriage in Austria, my parents went with me

-April 2016- went to spend my birthday with him in Austria/Romania

-September 2016- went to Romania together for one month

I-130- 2/19/16
NOA1- 2/24/16
I-130 approved- 8/16/16
NVC received- 9/1/16
Receive AOS bill- 9/17/16
Pay AOS bill- 9/17/16
Send AOS package- 9/17/16
Send IV package- 9/17/16
Receive IV bill- 9/23/16
Pay IV bill- 9/23/16
DS-261- 9/27/16
CC- 11/18/16
In Transit- 12/6/16
Medical- 12/7/16
Interview- 12/22/16

Visa Approved- 12/22/16

Visa in hand- 12/23/16

US entry- 12/26/16

I was told the same thing :( I'm so upset!! They said and January is slim chance too bc a lot of embassies are full in January! I hate nvc! I wish they would let us gather our documents ourselves and take care of it without them just delaying the process even more

Ahh, I knew it! :( I was really hoping for a December interview. That's worrying about January as well, I'm gonna be so upset if I can't get an interview in January...

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Keep the faith guys. I JUST GOT A CASE COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Scan Date was September 30th!!!! 6 weeks and 3 days!!!!!

Congratulations!!!! You said that when you called them yesterday morning they mentioned that they downloaded DS-260 and reviewing it. In the evening same day you got the CC. Do you think OR have the feeling that working on the DS-260 might be an indication that the CC is almost coming???

Congratulations!!!! You said that when you called them yesterday morning they mentioned that they downloaded DS-260 and reviewing it. In the evening same day you got the CC. Do you think OR have the feeling that working on the DS-260 might be an indication that the CC is almost coming???

Yes. I strongly believe so. They were also able to tell me when my case was pulled which was November 10th. I believe one they pull your case they have to do their final background checks of checking your financial papers to be sure that you are actually able to support whoever you are filing for, visa application, verifying the police certificate and all your other civil documents. I'm just glad this part is over! Interview dates will be given out at the end of this months and the beginning of December for January interviews! all the best to you and good luck!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes. I strongly believe so. They were also able to tell me when my case was pulled which was November 10th. I believe one they pull your case they have to do their final background checks of checking your financial papers to be sure that you are actually able to support whoever you are filing for, visa application, verifying the police certificate and all your other civil documents. I'm just glad this part is over! Interview dates will be given out at the end of this months and the beginning of December for January interviews! all the best to you and good luck!

Thank you. I'm glad that this is over for you and wish you all the best in the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.