Deagle

USCIS reviewing I-751

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hello everyone,

So I sent my I-751 2 days ago and I was wondering when does the USCIS review the form itself for any mistake? like if I forgot to fill something or I did something wrong on it? Does it take 6 months or so for them to actually open it and realize that I did a mistake so they send me a RFE? Or do they check if first just to make sure it's filled right?

Thanks for help.

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Due to the volume of applications and applications that USCIS receives, It is likely that after they receive your I-751 package, some minions take it apart, and prescreen it for obvious errors, i.e. not signed, incorrect check amount, etc, They then may cash the check, send out the I-797 Receipt letter, format your paperwork into their file format, put it in a large file box, and cart it off to a government warehouse that likely resembles the warehouse scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark movie. Later on (who knows the length of time), the file box containing your paperwork may be retrieved by some minions from the "Raiders" warehouse, taken to the adjudicators' area, and then your file may be assigned to an adjudicator, or adjudicators for initial processing.

Ah, the great timing of a huge bureaucracy as it slowly grinds away... The previous story may be fiction, but may be sadly close to the truth.

YMMV,

Good luck on your immigration journey.

So if I messed up with my i-751 I wont know till then?

Maybe, maybe not, it is tough to try to second guess USCIS.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Due to the volume of applications and applications that USCIS receives, It is likely that after they receive your I-751 package, some minions take it apart, and prescreen it for obvious errors, i.e. not signed, incorrect check amount, etc, They then may cash the check, send out the I-797 Receipt letter, format your paperwork into their file format, put it in a large file box, and cart it off to a government warehouse that likely resembles the warehouse scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark movie. Later on (who knows the length of time), the file box containing your paperwork may be retrieved by some minions from the "Raiders" warehouse, taken to the adjudicators' area, and then your file may be assigned to an adjudicator, or adjudicators for initial processing.

Ah, the great timing of a huge bureaucracy as it slowly grinds away... The previous story may be fiction, but may be sadly close to the truth.

YMMV,

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Maybe, maybe not, it is tough to try to second guess USCIS.

That's true, the reason I am asking is that I read somewhere but I can't remember where, that once USCIS receives the i-751 package they open it and take the check and do a quick review for the form for any mistakes and then they inform the petitioner.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

That's true, the reason I am asking is that I read somewhere but I can't remember where, that once USCIS receives the i-751 package they open it and take the check and do a quick review for the form for any mistakes and then they inform the petitioner.

What kind of mistake are you talking about?

There is no quick review and currently the waiting time for VSC is 12 months. You may not hear anything back until fall 2017.

Timeline

What kind of mistake are you talking about?

There is no quick review and currently the waiting time for VSC is 12 months. You may not hear anything back until fall 2017.

I am talking about mistakes that is related to filing the i-751 form itself, like forgetting to fill some part or doing something wrong. I hope that's not the case with my form. I double checked with my wife couple of times before sending.

There are only 3 mistakes where USCIS sends back the package to you right away (based on what I've seen on VJ):

- you forgot to include the filing fee or the filing fee isn't the correct amount

- you sent your package too early (earlier than your eligible filing date)

- you didn't include all the pages of the application form

Other than the above, they send an RFE when they get to your file, which for VSC is like a year.

I believe I did not do such mistakes in my package. I also believe that VSC will transfer cases to California as some point, just like what happened in 2014.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am talking about mistakes that is related to filing the i-751 form itself, like forgetting to fill some part or doing something wrong. I hope that's not the case with my form. I double checked with my wife couple of times before sending.

For sure such details will not be audited and discovered until the adjudicator reviews your submission thoroughly which will happen much later....

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : National Benefits Center; Consulate : Mumbai, India; Marriage (if applicable): 2013-07-05
USCIS
I-130 Sent : 2013-07-20; I-130 NOA1 : 2013-07-26; I-130 Transferred to CSC: 2014-01-13; I-130 Approved: 2014-01-22
NVC
NVC Received: 2014-02-03; AOS Bill Shows PAID: 2014-03-19
NVC Case # and IIN Assigned: 2014-03-11; AOS Package Delivered: 2014-03-21;
Submitted/Completed DS-261 online: 2014-03-12; AOS Package Touched: 2014-03-25;
Receive & Pay AOS Bill : 2014-03-13; AOS Package Approved: 2014-04-08
AOS Package Mailed (USPS Priority): 2014-03-18;
IV Bill:
Receive & Pay IV Bill: 2014-03-24; False Checklist for Civil Documents: 2014-04-07
IV Bill Shows PAID: 2014-03-26; Case Completed at NVC: 2014-04-16;
IV Package Mailed (USPS Priority): 2014-03-26; Case Complete Email Received: 2014-04-23
IV Package Received by NVC: 2014-03-31; Interview scheduled: 2014-05-01;
IV Package Touched: 2014-04-03 (still in review); IL Email Received: 2014-05-01
DS-260 Available/Completed/Submitted: 2014-03-27
Consulate: Mumbai
Fingerprinting & Photo: 2014-05-09 Medicals: 2014-05-19
Interview: 2014-06-04 Visa Approved CEAC Website Status "Issued": 2014-06-05
USCIS ELIS Fee Paid: 2014-06-08 Passport w/Visa Received: 2014-06-09
POE (LAX): 2014-07-20 SS# Received: 2014-07-28
Actual GC received 2014-08-30
CA ID Received: 2014-09-02.
First job in USA (yeeeh!!!) starting: 2014-09-22
Taking driving lessons....!!!!

ROC
Application Sent: 2016-04-26
NOA1:2016-04-28
Biometrics: 2016-06-02 (early walk-in on May 31st)

ROC Approval Email and Online Status Change - 2016-11-07
Google Doc for April 2016 filers: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Mb-ALcbwQbYafLj4vFaEMjSGD-wfjtrycs3ul8QlUo/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

Timeline

My I-751 had a mistake and they send me back 1 week after a send

When was that and what was the mistake?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Was on the beginning of September. The page 5 of the form was incomplete so then send me back few days later and I resend on the next morning...I got my 1 year extension notice one week after!! I'm still waiting for the biometrics

Timeline

Was on the beginning of September. The page 5 of the form was incomplete so then send me back few days later and I resend on the next morning...I got my 1 year extension notice one week after!! I'm still waiting for the biometrics

You must be lucky, haha. Good luck with your journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.