Besane20

US Army to bring son and wife-to-be to US

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What is CRBA?

By the way, my fiancé/wife-to-be already has a b1/b2 multiple entry visa. Can she and my son come here while we are waiting for the paper works to get their citizenship? Also, when and how can my fiancé get a work permit?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Essentially you have 2 options, Immigration is not in itself that tricky but you need to do some basics if you are going the DIY route, for example a quick google would have found out what CRBA is and there is a lot of information in the VJ guides to get you up to speed, and then you will be better enabled to ask questions if there is something unclear.

Or pay a lawyer.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

What is CRBA?

By the way, my fiancé/wife-to-be already has a b1/b2 multiple entry visa. Can she and my son come here while we are waiting for the paper works to get their citizenship? Also, when and how can my fiancé get a work permit?

CRBA is when you file for your son to be a US Citizen if you are a US Citizen. Usually in the Philippines they do a DNA check on the father and the child to ensure that they are indeed blood related. She can come here and visit but she would still have to go back to the Philippines to do the medical, embassy interview, and the CFO.

You have a couple options which is get married and file for the CR1 visa which takes about 1 year. That visa allows the Spouse to pretty much work as soon as they get in the country. The other option is to get engaged and file for a K1 visa, which is a fiance visa and take about 4-6 months. When she gets here then you two get married and you file for Adjustment Of Status(AOS) and she gets a green card in about 4-6 months after filing. You can file for expedited ability to work when you file the AOS paperwork.

You have a K3 visa for your profile. I am sorry to tell you but K3's are pretty much obsolete and very rarely given.She can not just come here on here B1/B2 visa to get married to you and stay, that is considered fraud and could result in a lifetime ban.

What you need to figure out is if you want to use a lawyer or Do It Yourself. There are pluses and minuses to both. Also there is a Philippines forum for those of us with wife's/husbands and fiances from the Philippines. That way you can look up any specific Philippines specific issues.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Filed: Timeline

What is CRBA?

No. It's immigration fraud to enter the US on nonimmigrant tourist visas with the intent to immigrate.

Your fiancee is years away from US citizenship. Google "3 years citizenship rule."

Read the Guides. It will take around 90 days after your wife files for AOS for her to get work authorization.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for the great responses.

If my fiance applied for a K1 visa, can we get married here in the US then we go to the Philippines and get married there as well? Reason for asking is because I think K1 visa will help me get her here in the US quicker than k3. Also, her family is a bit traditional and would want us to get married as well in PI prior to her migrating here in the US.

You have to apply for AOS (Adjustment of Status to get the conditional green card, NOT US Citizenship) first after marriage, get the advance parole before leaving US. That will take about 3 months once you file paperwork.

If wedding ceremony is very important to her family, I would suggest you go the CR1 visa route instead.

You would save money compare to K1 visa.

Edited by Merrytooth

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Bit late to be traditional. You have a child.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Thanks for the great responses.

If my fiance applied for a K1 visa, can we get married here in the US then we go to the Philippines and get married there as well? Reason for asking is because I think K1 visa will help me get her here in the US quicker than k3. Also, her family is a bit traditional and would want us to get married as well in PI prior to her migrating here in the US.

No, you can not do that. You have to be married IN the USA when she enters. What alot of people do from the Philippines and what I did with my wife is that I brought her to the USA on a K1 visa, we got married at the courthouse. Then later on we got a more traditional wedding/renewal of vows in the local catholic church in her hometown. Also remember the K3 is OBSOLETE.

Where are you stationed at? I am a Former Marine so I can help with some of the stuff if you are wondering about different things.

Edited by cyberfx1024

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.