motoperpetuo

Does the NVC confirm that they received financial and civil documents?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

I submitted our DS-260 on March 9, 2016. My wife was here in the US on a tourist visa and delivered our first child in July, so we waited to send the I-864EZ and required financial and civil documents to the NVC until shortly before she returned to Honduras early this month (October). I mailed the documents on September 20 and got confirmation from the courier that they were delivered on September 27. However, I haven't heard anything from the NVC yet. I know that according to the US Visa page on the DOS website it says "Please allow up to 6 weeks for NVC to review your forms and documents once we receive both the financial documents from the petitioner and the applicant’s civil documents." Should I expect to get some kind of confirmation that the NVC has received our documents, or do I just have to wait up to six weeks for the "review" mentioned in the quote above before I hear anything?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Nope.. you call them to find out..Join the monthly NVC thread to find out if others are getting case complete or not.

Edited by IcezMan_IcezLady

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I submitted our DS-260 on March 9, 2016. My wife was here in the US on a tourist visa and delivered our first child in July, so we waited to send the I-864EZ and required financial and civil documents to the NVC until shortly before she returned to Honduras early this month (October). I mailed the documents on September 20 and got confirmation from the courier that they were delivered on September 27. However, I haven't heard anything from the NVC yet. I know that according to the US Visa page on the DOS website it says "Please allow up to 6 weeks for NVC to review your forms and documents once we receive both the financial documents from the petitioner and the applicants civil documents." Should I expect to get some kind of confirmation that the NVC has received our documents, or do I just have to wait up to six weeks for the "review" mentioned in the quote above before I hear anything?

Call and ask what your scan date is. Sometimes they send an email saying they received your documents and give them x time. I got that letter 5 weeks after they received my documents. They also usually send an email when case is complete. You get another email telling you your interview date. However it's best to call NVC because they can be inconsistent and or slow with the emails sometimes.

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

I submitted our DS-260 on March 9, 2016. My wife was here in the US on a tourist visa and delivered our first child in July, so we waited to send the I-864EZ and required financial and civil documents to the NVC until shortly before she returned to Honduras early this month (October). I mailed the documents on September 20 and got confirmation from the courier that they were delivered on September 27. However, I haven't heard anything from the NVC yet. I know that according to the US Visa page on the DOS website it says "Please allow up to 6 weeks for NVC to review your forms and documents once we receive both the financial documents from the petitioner and the applicant’s civil documents." Should I expect to get some kind of confirmation that the NVC has received our documents, or do I just have to wait up to six weeks for the "review" mentioned in the quote above before I hear anything?

You can call and ask for a scan date, OR you can wait until you get either a checklist or 3 n/a on the CEAC website. Your choice.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

Thanks for your responses, everyone. I finally got around to calling the NVC just now, and they said that the information I sent on 9/20 was received and was attached to our case on 9/28, and that it's currently under review. We're supposed to contact them again if we haven't heard anything by November 10.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.