12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Hi guys

My interview was on August 30 and i was put under AP since then...the CO returned my passport but as I can see there are many examples where the CO keep the passport after AP...what does it mean?what is the difference? Are chances better if he keeps the passport? Should I be worried?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

What was the reason for AP? Did you get some kind of letter/paper at the embassy?

Usually it is a better sign if they keep the passport (meaning they intend to issue the visa soon). It doesn't mean you will be denied though - just that your AP might be lenghtier. The reason for AP is important though - so please fill us in.

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

Timeline

Thank you A'n'L for posting...he didnt say any concrete reason just gave me yellow slip he wrote admin processing and he asked me if I have any criminal records I said No...and he said they have to check some things and they will email me...he also gave me a letter to read my rights as a us spouse...I was asked a lot of questions,I had all the papers needed and 100 pictures of me and my husband,he asked about my previous relationship why was it over and when was it over,and he asked where and how I meet my husband,how long we are together so far one year engaged and two years married,i told him he visited many times before we got married,and one year we live together in our country because we cannot live separate anymore...but my husband need to go back because of financial reasons and job issue and he wants me whit him and me too. Previous I was in usa two times with tourist visa and came back on time,I was refused a couple of times before because my family they all live there and they made me ask for visa so they can see me..my mom dad......in usa I met my husband but we were just friends back there I come back and he run after me and after one year 2013 we started dating and he proposed,2014 we got married,2015 he came back so we can be together...2016 november will be our second anniversary...what is the problem here I really dont know :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread is moved from the CR-1 Process forum to the CR-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you A'n'L for posting...he didnt say any concrete reason just gave me yellow slip he wrote admin processing and he asked me if I have any criminal records I said No...and he said they have to check some things and they will email me...he also gave me a letter to read my rights as a us spouse...I was asked a lot of questions,I had all the papers needed and 100 pictures of me and my husband,he asked about my previous relationship why was it over and when was it over,and he asked where and how I meet my husband,how long we are together so far one year engaged and two years married,i told him he visited many times before we got married,and one year we live together in our country because we cannot live separate anymore...but my husband need to go back because of financial reasons and job issue and he wants me whit him and me too. Previous I was in usa two times with tourist visa and came back on time,I was refused a couple of times before because my family they all live there and they made me ask for visa so they can see me..my mom dad......in usa I met my husband but we were just friends back there I come back and he run after me and after one year 2013 we started dating and he proposed,2014 we got married,2015 he came back so we can be together...2016 november will be our second anniversary...what is the problem here I really dont know :(

Sounds like further security checks. I believe they return the passport because you might need it to travel elsewhere while you are in AP. Unfortunately nothing to do but wait.

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

I agree .. you just have to wait .. nobody can predict when you gonna be contacted . It can be in a day , in a week or in a month. May be more.. usually IR1 visas on AP are processed quicker than k1 visas ... be patient and keep checking your CEAC daily for updates .. sorry that they put you in the black hole .. goodluck

Timeline

Thank you Lmmjvsd...I do check the status every day but there are no changes since September 9th...also my status shows Ready for interview...45 days passed and I dont know if should contact the embassy..Im not sure where my documents are...if they do the security check do they send the documents back to USCIS or they stay at the embassy?...this is a really hard period for us specially for my husband not that its not hard for me but maybe because I am used to live here and he is with me its easier...he does not want to go back without me on one side and we need money on the other side...we want to have baby but we cant because we are stuck in the middle of this and cant start a new life...and we also don't have enough financial support to raise a child here...But there is nothing we can do but wait...I pray for all of us in this situation.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

It's most likely still at the embassy. At this point I don't think it would hurt to at least try to contact them to see if they will give you some information about what's going on. The rest of us can only guess.

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My fiancee had her interview on 9/9 (K1 visa) and she was put on AP and they gave her her passport back in case she needs it to travel.

On 10/11 (after 32 days), they called har asking for the passport and our wedding plans.

Returinging the passport to the candidate does not mean anything unless the CO states that the petition is refused and the visa is denied

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Timeline

Thank you etrangais for posting your experience and congrats for you both..The CO never told me that my visa is denied neiter approved he just said that they need to check something again and they will email me ...I dont know why...why was your fiance under ap? for what reasons?was she given a 221 g slip?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.