goobies

October 2016 I-130 Filers

1,368 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline
2 hours ago, Siskaa said:

The same thing happened to me. I have the same priority date with you. My husband called tier 2 USCIS in the beginning of March and they said that they are still processing August 30th and we have to wait for 60days which is has passed 60days until today. My husband called tier 2 again last Friday and they said the same exact thing. My husband told them that they said the same exact thing when he callen on March. But they just said "every case is different". And they can't do anything! This is so frustated because my friend from the same country as me and her priority date is November but processing in Texas has got approved last month! Nebraska is really sllloooooooooowwwwwwww! It has been 7 months waiting and nothing that we can do except wait and wait and wait!

15 hours ago, A&M16 said:

I contacted my senator's office 2 weeks ago, after ignoring my emails and inquiries during those 2 weeks, they sent me this response yesterday:

"I heard back from the Nebraska Service Center and they said it hasn’t been assigned to an officer yet.  They are currently working on applications submitted the end of August and your priority date is October 25, 2016.  They asked that we check back in 60 days.  I have put a reminder in my calendar to check on it the middle of July.  I hope this information is helpful."

I mean who are they kidding? I called and talked to tier 2 yesterday and got the same old bs.

This whole thing is just a joke.

I have the same PD as you guys, I called on Friday and they said the same to me. I also asked why they have  not update the page yet and they replied they are still working with august 30th, when they complete august cases they will update the page. They told me that I have to wait 2 more months for approval. The thing is they said the same to me 2 months ago. Seriously I cant even more with this.  

TIMELINE

29 December 2015 - married in Dominican Republic

USCIS Phase

21 November 2016 - I-130 sent to USCIS Chicago Lockbox 

22 November 2016 I-130 received at Nebraska Service Center

25 November - NOA1 received in the mail

???? - NOA 2 via e-mail, app and USCIS website

????- NOA 2 received in the mail 

????- Case Was Sent to Department of State 

NVC Phase

????- Case received by NVC

???? - NVC case number assigned

???? -  DS-261 Completed Online
???? - Welcome e-mail received, AOS fee paid
????- IV fee Invoiced, IV fee paid
????- DS-260 Completed
???? - AOS and IV package sent

--------------------------------------------------------
??? - Scan date

??? - Case Complete

3 hours ago, leidyacosta13 said:

I have the same PD as you guys, I called on Friday and they said the same to me. I also asked why they have  not update the page yet and they replied they are still working with august 30th, when they complete august cases they will update the page. They told me that I have to wait 2 more months for approval. The thing is they said the same to me 2 months ago. Seriously I cant even more with this.  

My god this is unbelievable!! I sent an email inquiry and was told i am within normal processing times.They just read off that script, i don't think they actually know so they give out the same information to everyone.

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
6 hours ago, leidyacosta13 said:

When they received my application, their advertised processing times used to update monthly and they were on track to the point where I thought they would start approvals in March for the October filers but then Trump becomes a president and here we are today.

I just wish they would give true dates to when they would process an application so people can plan their lives accordingly. They treat petitions as just paperwork with no consideration to the peoples' lives effecte by thier disorganization.

I am tired of saying "let's hope this week is our week" it does get really old after saying over and over for 3 months.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
20 minutes ago, A&M16 said:

When they received my application, their advertised processing times used to update monthly and they were on track to the point where I thought they would start approvals in March for the October filers but then Trump becomes a president and here we are today.

I just wish they would give true dates to when they would process an application so people can plan their lives accordingly. They treat petitions as just paperwork with no consideration to the peoples' lives effecte by thier disorganization.

I am tired of saying "let's hope this week is our week" it does get really old after saying over and over for 3 months.

I can't imagine how much money they'd save on customer service if the website and updates were functional or useful. I'm sure that 90% of the phone calls are from people like us who just want to know something. If the system of adjudication was more efficient and predictable, then they wouldn't need so many operators and tier 2s to answer phones.

Why does anyone think it is okay to ask a married couple to be patiently apart for over 8 months?

Timeline
4 hours ago, A&M16 said:

ahahahahaha I am also tired of hoping that the current week is going to be my week. OMG this wait is frustrating. I am turning 7 months on Thursday. 

TIMELINE

USCIS Phase

NVC Phase

????- DS-260 Completed

??? - Scan date

??? - Case Complete

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On May 8, 2017 at 3:39 PM, letitgo said:

Got the letter! It's about Bona-fide marriage. Pictures, shared account,... anything 

I got the same letter in the mail last week. Im sending pictures, Affidavit letters, and proof of travel. I hope thats enough

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, NM34 said:

I got the same letter in the mail last week. Im sending pictures, Affidavit letters, and proof of travel. I hope thats enough

We are still working on the documents. Pictures, insurance, shared account, tax, flights, hotels, affidavit letters, some part of chats, plus our baby documents(he was born after we applied). Hope that would be enough. But we are still working on the documents takes time for tax and etc. Good luck 🙂

Just an update, my case was sent to NVC on May 9th and i called NVC today to get an update, they gave me a case # and invoice ID but still can't pay any fees as they said they are still working on inputting the case data or something like that.

Timeline

Anyone approved yet???? :huh:

TIMELINE

USCIS Phase

NVC Phase

????- DS-260 Completed

??? - Scan date

??? - Case Complete

Any other early October PD dates still waiting to hear from USCIS? We are October 5 and starting to go a bit crazy waiting wondering what is particular about our application that is taking so long. It seems like 28 other applications from October 5 are waiting, according to the app (if I understand correctly how to use it!), but not sure why those people aren't also freaking out on this forum :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Lumeyer said:

Any other early October PD dates still waiting to hear from USCIS? We are October 5 and starting to go a bit crazy waiting wondering what is particular about our application that is taking so long. It seems like 28 other applications from October 5 are waiting, according to the app (if I understand correctly how to use it!), but not sure why those people aren't also freaking out on this forum :) 

I'm Oct 6, still waiting and going crazy. There is over 50 Oct. 6 waiting, according to the app. I think all of us are at the Background Check Unit. I call Tier 2 everyday to see if we are still at BCU. I'm trying to distract myself, but it's difficult to spend your first year of marriage apart.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

USCIS processing dates updated, Sep 30 for NSC. It seems those who didn't got approved have to wait another month to be able to submit case inquiry.  PD Oct 4 here . This wait is driving me nuts :bonk:

12 hours ago, Lumeyer said:

If your date is October, you will escape soon unless you have Nebraska where some from August are still being processed. It is hit and miss, Filipinos get preference so if there has been a rush and with the new email processing the updates to the system will be slower than normal.

Processing times show up on the Android app but to be honest I saw the website update first. At NVC there is a delay of 11 weeks plus - so be ready for that little "bump" in your expectations.

The USCIS update was today for end of March .... and Sept 30th for Nebraska ,,,did not look at others.

It means the updates will start to flow for October between now and the 10th of next month. The timeline report is pretty accurate on VJ. 

On 5/22/2017 at 3:20 PM, letitgo said:

We are still working on the documents. Pictures, insurance, shared account, tax, flights, hotels, affidavit letters, some part of chats, plus our baby documents(he was born after we applied). Hope that would be enough. But we are still working on the documents takes time for tax and etc. Good luck 🙂

If you have any housing searches, realtor emails add them in, most of this stuff is seen at Embassy level so save on some postage and take a big binder to the interview.

On 5/16/2017 at 5:57 PM, NotwdwMorocco said:

I called them and asked if they had my case number. The first time I called they said they just received it but a case number hasn't been given. The person I spoke to said once they receive it the maximum for them to assign a case number is 2 weeks from that date. I called yesterday morning and they said it wasn't assigned but I called last night around 11pm and they assigned a case number. There is nothing I can do until they email me or send me what they need. So I can't even pay the fees yet. I'll keep you all posted on these steps.

When you get a case number and a receipt number, you can go online and pay the first fee. DO NOT tell them the letter has not arrived, they send you more anyway. I say this because if you ask for a copy, they lock your account for a week until they send an email.... and we all have waited long enough.

You can send in I-864 whilst waiting for decision on DS second form, jump the process by calling in the fact you have completed the nomination of agent  ...... average time to scan documents is 11 weeks after arrival and then add another month or two. Current NVC forum comments.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.