goobies

October 2016 I-130 Filers

1,368 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 3/19/2017 at 6:44 PM, mimi2017 said:

Hi every one, no news for october2016???

staring at 'case was received' status since Oct 4!!! Seems some september filers are getting approved now...October hopefully will start rolling soon

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Is there anyone here who's case was sent to Texas from the get go received any news yet? (Approval letters)

Edited by lamafiosa69

Filed: Other Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
21 minutes ago, AlviNY said:

no approval from October yet so far, i'm seeing October 26 to 31st is getting transferred out to other centers.

Yes, Our date was Oct 31, 2016. I got the notice yesterday that we were transferred from Nebraska to another center. We're waiting to get the paper copy to tell us where, I suppose! It looks like Nebraska is starting on the first week of Sept, subscribe to the September board and you'll see at least they're starting to see some approvals. 

I'm going to visit my husband in Bangladesh in a couple weeks, so I'm hoping to hear something by the time i return...Fingers crossed this transfer saves some wait time. :)

Liz and Fais

USA/Bangladesh 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 3/24/2017 at 7:24 AM, lamafiosa69 said:

Is there anyone here who's case was sent to Texas from the get go received any news yet? (Approval letters)

Looking through the September 2016 filers board, a lot of the people who were transferred from Neb to Tex have had their cases approved quite quickly.  

Heres a link to the Visa Journey timeline search comparing people receiving NOA2 from Nebraska and those who were transfered to Texas.  Looks like transfers are getting approved much quicker.  Nebraska seems to still be approving late August filers, while filers from late September who were transferred to Texas are getting approved at the same time.

Edited by OsakaBen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi, I joined to this thread today and posted my timeline. I sent out my I-130 on October 27 and received the first notification on Novemver 3.

and I checked my case status today on USCIS website, and as everybody who filed late October 2016 wrote their files has been transferred to somewhere, I also saw the same message. It said my case was transferred to a new service center on March 23, 2017 and I'm waiting for a hard copy of it by mail. (I think I saw someone said hard copy mail arrived in a week from a date the file has been transferred.)

This is getting a little frustrating since the process has been slowed down since December 31. It took a month for them to process 5 days of filers.

(As of December 31, 2016, they were working on August 2, 2016 file and as of January 31, 2017, they worked on August 9, 2017.)

I can't think of any other excuse than D. Trump. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Min & Mark said:

Hi, I joined to this thread today and posted my timeline. I sent out my I-130 on October 27 and received the first notification on Novemver 3.

and I checked my case status today on USCIS website, and as everybody who filed late October 2016 wrote their files has been transferred to somewhere, I also saw the same message. It said my case was transferred to a new service center on March 23, 2017 and I'm waiting for a hard copy of it by mail. (I think I saw someone said hard copy mail arrived in a week from a date the file has been transferred.)

This is getting a little frustrating since the process has been slowed down since December 31. It took a month for them to process 5 days of filers.

(As of December 31, 2016, they were working on August 2, 2016 file and as of January 31, 2017, they worked on August 9, 2017.)

My PD is 10/11/16,but I never got any letter or info of a transfer,it only thing my case status is "case received"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Min & Mark said:

I filed October 21 and I never got anything saying my mines was transferred. Why can't I have been one to be transferred out. Man.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, uufarouk said:

My PD is 10/11/16,but I never got any letter or info of a transfer,it only thing my case status is "case received"

As far as I know after reading others' comments related to "being transferred to a new service center", only those who filed I-130 between October 27 and October 31 got transferred. So in your case, I assume the file remains in Nebraska. I don't know if being transferred is better than remaining with NSC because we are not sure whether we are at the end of the line in a new service center.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.