goobies

October 2016 I-130 Filers

1,368 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Mexico
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Djodrey said:

Hello All,

Just to update, today I got another alert that now says I have been transferred to another service center. I feel better about this knowing that other people are now getting the same message. Below is the actual message.

On March 15, 2017, we transferred your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Receipt Number LINXXXXXXXXX, to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by April 14, 2017, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Is this the exact message for those of you that say you have been transferred as well?

I did not receive this message by email because I had not signed up for alerts yet. But saw the same message on the USCIS website when I input my LIN case number. I received in the mail a  I797c Notice of Action that indicated it was transferred to Texas Service Center. The reason was to 'speed up processing'. The letter arrived a week after they transferred my case to another office.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
6 hours ago, RRR2016 said:

Feb 22 and have not heard anything! It's a slow process. NOA1 is 10/04/16

Our NOA 1 is: 10/06 and we still are "Case Was Received"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kattikiarash said:

Our NOA 1 is: 10/06 and we still are "Case Was Received"

10/7/2016 at Nebraska here and haven't heard a peep either.  

In other news just found out my wife is pregnant! Yayyy! We are overflowing with joy!

Unfortunately the due date (October 2017) looks like pretty much the absolute worst time as far as her visa processing/traveling is concerned... not sure what to do. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
59 minutes ago, OsakaBen said:

In other news just found out my wife is pregnant! Yayyy! We are overflowing with joy!

Unfortunately the due date (October 2017) looks like pretty much the absolute worst time as far as her visa processing/traveling is concerned... not sure what to do. 

Congratulations!!!! :wub: whaaaaaaaaaat a greaaaat news! don't worry, hopefully we'll hear great news next months... it will take just one more month right? since based on visa journey, they are working on Aug 29th cases....

Timeline
2 hours ago, OsakaBen said:

Congrats! Japan's health care system and child benefits are hard to beat, the US is archaic in comparison... Definitely find out what your local city/ward will give you: my daughter is five and the local ward paid all of her birth and healthcare expenses and they still pay us a (small) stipend every month.

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Hello Everyone:

I have reading this forum since I submitted my papers in October and I am now joining in because my case have been transferred to the Texas office. My priority date is 10/18/16.  According to Visa Journey, the Texas office is now processing cases in November. The USCIS website has not been updated since 01/31/17. Has anyone who has been transferred heard any additional information about their case?  Is there anyone in this forum who’s case was at the Texas office from the beginning been approved yet?

Filed: IR-2 Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, lamafiosa69 said:

Hello Everyone:

I have reading this forum since I submitted my papers in October and I am now joining in because my case have been transferred to the Texas office. My priority date is 10/18/16.  According to Visa Journey, the Texas office is now processing cases in November. The USCIS website has not been updated since 01/31/17. Has anyone who has been transferred heard any additional information about their case?  Is there anyone in this forum who’s case was at the Texas office from the beginning been approved yet?

Same here. No news and no idea when Texas Service Center will review our case, considering our NOA1 is 10/04/16. You should join the Texas Service Center I-130 Filers (2016) forum.  

Seems like Texas was fast to process for many petitions, but in the case of us who were transferred, we are all in limbo and have no idea when our cases will be reviewed. I'm wondering if they will send us to the end of the line and they will review our cases according to the date it was transferred? (Ours was Feb 22nd).

All we can do is wait .... 

I was getting really excited I filed my I-130 in late October got my case number blah blah blah.  Nebraska are currently in ends of August supposedly of what this site says. Truely getting very excited but then I get a notification in the case tracker app and says " Case was transferred and a new office has jurisdiction" and now I don't even know which service center has my case. They have me in the air, Im pretty sure everyone that submitted in October forsure should hear good news in mid/late April. As for me ... well I truely don't know. Good luck to everyone on here, patience is key.

Timeline

Just got off the phone from a call-back from a tier-2 operator at USCIS... and after 185 mins waiting for them to call back (3am Japan time!) it was a complete waste of time. Here is a brief synopsis of our conversation:

-"What date is Nebraska currently processing? The webpage hasn't updated since Jan"

--"August 9"

-"That's the same date as the webpage, it hasn't changed in almost 3 months."

--"Sorry sir, that is the date The service center is reporting"

-"So at this rate, my date of Oct 7 won't get processed for another 2 months??"

--"At the rate they are reporting, yes."

-"That's a much longer time than expected when we filed. Why are the processing times taking longer than the were originally reported?"

--"Because many people want to come to America, sir"

-"Can you give me any specific updates about the progress of my petition?"

--"It's still waiting to be processed. You need to keep waiting until they get to your petition."

Basically it went on back and forth like that with no helpful information at all.  To be honest, the tier 1 agents have been more helpful and friendly than this guy. He just sounded irritated as if I was wasting his time. Ugh, what a mess, I was hoping to get a few more answers or at least a better idea of the timing!

Maybe someone else could call and bug them to light a fire and get them moving!  

Heres the process I used to reach a tier 2 agent: I first called the normal number (1-800-375-5283) and reached a tier 1 operator by inputting that I was inquiring about a current case and I had forgotten the receipt number (inputs 1-2-2-2). After clarifying my actual case number and getting some general info about my case from the agent, I asked to speak to a tier 2 operator. They said the T2 office was closed, and the best time to reach them is right when they open at 8:00 EST and I should call back then and ask to speak to a tier 2 agent. I called back right at 8:00 EST, but the message kept saying "call back between 8 am... to speak with an agent". It wasn't until 10:00 EST that the message changed to actually connect me to a res person (T1 agent).  I clarified my info again and explained that I would like to speak with a tier 2 agent.  She said ok and transferred me pretty effortlessly. There was then a recorded message that said there was a 185 min wait time and that I needed to set up a call back in order to speak to an agent.  I input my US phone number (paid Skype number local to my hometown) and waited.  Sure enough, they called me back after 3 hours and had the conversation I described above.

I don't know if this is helpful, but maybe if others call, we might be able to get more info about what the heck is going on.  If you have the time or patience, please let us know! Good luck!

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Just got my I-797C notice that Our case has been moved from Nebraska to Texas. Our NOA1 was 10/20/16 and I got the notice via sms that the case was moved on 10/7, then today got the notice that it was moved to Texas.

On 3/16/2017 at 5:57 PM, OsakaBen said:

Heyyy Congratulations! Don't lose hope, i know it's a long wait but it'll be all worth it, especially if you see your baby!

On 3/17/2017 at 4:48 AM, RRR2016 said:

Same here. No news and no idea when Texas Service Center will review our case, considering our NOA1 is 10/04/16. You should join the Texas Service Center I-130 Filers (2016) forum.  

Seems like Texas was fast to process for many petitions, but in the case of us who were transferred, we are all in limbo and have no idea when our cases will be reviewed. I'm wondering if they will send us to the end of the line and they will review our cases according to the date it was transferred? (Ours was Feb 22nd).

All we can do is wait .... 

is texas gonna prioritize the transferred cases or they're gonna be lined up accordingly with the people who's petitions are sent to texas service center originally?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.