goobies

October 2016 I-130 Filers

1,368 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, nessasmom980 said:

omg seriously..november approvals, yet some September, and my October app still hasn't changed.. wow, makes me sad.. not only for myself but for the others,who have waited longer than I and still nothing.  it's not fair...

to be clear..i mean no disrespect to those approved..i am happy for you.  just saying the government needs to get it together and process in order. sorry..my post came across the wrong way I think.  after I posted it..i read it again and thought some might take it the wrong way..

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, nessasmom980 said:

to be clear..i mean no disrespect to those approved..i am happy for you.  just saying the government needs to get it together and process in order. sorry..my post came across the wrong way I think.  after I posted it..i read it again and thought some might take it the wrong way..

I do not think you came as disrespectful. I certainly understand the frustration; especially when everyone is kept in the dark on not knowing on when, how their paper is going to be picked and processed. 

I do wish to have a realtime stats on their webpage; which can be a great relief for many. However, I can only wish. Just as everyone else here, me and my better half are in vein, checking our mailbox, checking our email, checking the webpage and so forth. With the NVC times are ballooning up too on the other side, it just seems like there is no light to be seen at the end of the tunnel yet. 

Hang in there folks and don't stress yourselves; now that your approvals are around the corner. 

And good luck for everyone who got Approved. Hearty congratulations. 

Edited by shammu

Filed: Other Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
3 hours ago, nessasmom980 said:

I don't think it's disrespectful.  It's difficult being completely in the dark about something that has a big impact on our lives. 

It's also frustrating to remain optimistic as well as try to explain to my spouse why the approvals seem so random. He comes from a country with a highly disorganized government and is surprised that the US system also leaves people in the dark. Sigh... we just have to try to stay positive but every day feels a bit more discouraging.

Edited by Elleandeff
Spelling errors

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
19 hours ago, nessasmom980 said:

Of course everyone has been in the same boat as you nessasmom. No one will take it personal. All of us still waiting feel your pain and concern. We are all happy for one another. An approval is hope. Some of us need that hope since the uscis leaves us all in the dark. Hope for more approvals tomorrow. Fingers crossed. 😁

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey everyone, congrats to everyone that has gotten approved so far, that is super exciting!

Has anyone that was originally at Nebraska and was transferred to Texas been approved?  As I am sure all of us that are not yet approved, I am logging in every few hours to check my status, but so far no change. 

I am stressing out a bit, as I just got a new job, and I am moving from LA to Chicago, and I don't have any idea where I will be living, and I afraid that they will send everything right when I leave.

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, brenthensarling said:

Hey everyone, congrats to everyone that has gotten approved so far, that is super exciting!

Has anyone that was originally at Nebraska and was transferred to Texas been approved?  As I am sure all of us that are not yet approved, I am logging in every few hours to check my status, but so far no change. 

I am stressing out a bit, as I just got a new job, and I am moving from LA to Chicago, and I don't have any idea where I will be living, and I afraid that they will send everything right when I leave.

Two options for you, if changing the address is not an option (you will have to later on anyway for NVC contact and such?) then try the following that suits better for you,

1. Mail Hold - If you are going to visit your place again shortly then you can ask to hold all your mail the post office and then retrieve it later on. You can do this online at the USPS website or at a local post office before you leave.
  2. Mail Forwarding - Forward all your mails to a friend or family's address and ask them to safely collect it for you and  mail it to your future address one you have it set. Have your trusted friend/relative keep an eye out for special letter and contact you immediately when they seen an official letter from USCIS ? Else they can keep collecting till you are ready for the mail. You can do this online at the USPS website or at a local post office before you leave.

P.S - Mail forwarding and hold are not a forever option. This expires after certain time. Just keep that in mind. 

Hope this helps. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
3 hours ago, brenthensarling said:

Our PD was 10/31 at Nebraska, we were transferred to Texas 03/23 and approved on 04/01. I used to log in multiple times a day to check our status as well and imagine my surprise when we got the NOA-2 in the mail (on 04/07, so a week after we were approved). Even though we had e-mail and text notifications on, we didn't receive any online updates at all.

N400 filed - online: 10/30/2020

NOA: 11/02/2020

Bio reuse: 12/30/2020

USCIS changed to "Interview Scheduled": 06/07/2021

Interview Date: 07/14/2021 Approved!

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony will be scheduled": 07/15/2021

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony notice mailed": 07/20/2021

Oath Ceremony: 08/06/2021 🇺🇸

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys!

I called NVC today and they recieved my case on April 21st. I'm going to call again in Wednesday/Friday to see if it's assigned. 

The lady was really great on the phone. And my wait time was 24 minutes! 

Looking for more NOA2s!

Filed: IR-2 Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just an update. Our I-130 has been approved, received the notice through the mail and not through the app or email. Our timeline is:

PD: 09/30/16

Transferred from Nebraska to Texas Service Center: 02/22/17

NOA2: 04/14/17

Best of luck to all October filers waiting on their approval. It is coming soon.

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Sammisauras said:

Hey guys!

I called NVC today and they recieved my case on April 21st. I'm going to call again in Wednesday/Friday to see if it's assigned. 

The lady was really great on the phone. And my wait time was 24 minutes! 

Looking for more NOA2s!

Did they tell you how they will be notifying you or did they tell you to call back? I was approve one week before you so I am guessing that I should be receiving something either via email or mail very soon.

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

For those of you still not approved yet, don't give up hope. I spoke with an attorney last Monday and was told that the process is taking between 6 to 8 months. Anyone who has already been approved (like myself) is great news. She was actually surprised that I was already approved, but she credits my file being transferred to Texas as the reason why I was approved right away. I'm sure for those who are still waiting that this process is frustrating but being patient is the best thing you can do.  She recommends that if you don't hear anything by 8 months then you should hire an attorney. I don't recommend that though. 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Mexico
Timeline
Just now, lamafiosa69 said:

For those of you still not approved yet, don't give up hope. I spoke with an attorney last Monday and was told that the process is taking between 6 to 8 months. Anyone who has already been approved (like myself) is great news. She was actually surprised that I was already approved, but she credits my file being transferred to Texas as the reason why I was approved right away. I'm sure for those who are still waiting that this process is frustrating but being patient is the best thing you can do.  She recommends that if you don't hear anything by 8 months then you should hire an attorney. I don't recommend that though. 

I agree. I also expressed my concerns with my lawyer about the delay and he mentioned the 6-8 month timeline. So he suggested to wait another 4 weeks before proceeding with an inquiry and our case was approved a week later. It took 6.5 months for the I-130 approval.

Filed: Country: Cayman Islands
Timeline
3 hours ago, RRR2016 said:

Just an update. Our I-130 has been approved, received the notice through the mail and not through the app or email. Our timeline is:

PD: 09/30/16

Transferred from Nebraska to Texas Service Center: 02/22/17

NOA2: 04/14/17

Best of luck to all October filers waiting on their approval. It is coming soon.

Congratulations!

So, when you check your case in the webpage, still not showing any updates about approval?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

I called today to Uscis and they told me the same as always, They are working on August 30th. Also i should wait a month and a half more for a response. :wacko:

TIMELINE

29 December 2015 - married in Dominican Republic

USCIS Phase

21 November 2016 - I-130 sent to USCIS Chicago Lockbox 

22 November 2016 I-130 received at Nebraska Service Center

25 November - NOA1 received in the mail

???? - NOA 2 via e-mail, app and USCIS website

????- NOA 2 received in the mail 

????- Case Was Sent to Department of State 

NVC Phase

????- Case received by NVC

???? - NVC case number assigned

???? -  DS-261 Completed Online
???? - Welcome e-mail received, AOS fee paid
????- IV fee Invoiced, IV fee paid
????- DS-260 Completed
???? - AOS and IV package sent

--------------------------------------------------------
??? - Scan date

??? - Case Complete

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.