Summer2016j

Spouse approved, child under review

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just got my immigrant visa (CR1), I'm so happy but at the same time also worried because up to now my daughter's case is still under review. My husband filed our application sometime in February under different case number. We got separate email confirmation that our petition was approved, everything went well with my application and my visa is ok now but I'm wondering why up to now my daughter's papers are still with NVC. My husband is our petitioner and my daughter is from my previous husband who already died. Every time my husband calls NVC they would just say it's still under review. It's almost 2 months now of "under review" status. Is there any chance that she will be declined? What should we do about it?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Moving from Introductions to CR-1 spousal visa *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

So you went ahead with your visa? Why did you not wait? Have you submitted all the paperwork for your daughter?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

So you went ahead with your visa? Why did you not wait? Have you submitted all the paperwork for your daughter?

Yes, we submitted all paperworks same day, same time but under different case number. Mine is ok now, I received the letter for medical and interview schedule and accomplished them as scheduled on the letter, visa is here now while my daughter status is still under review. What could be possible reason for the delay?

How long has your daughter's case been at the NVC?

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

They asked how long has your daughter's case been at NVC not when hour husband filed with USCIS

Did your new husband file the former's death certicate showing her father would have not be in the picture to object?

Timeline

They asked how long has your daughter's case been at NVC not when hour husband filed with USCIS

Did your new husband file the former's death certicate showing her father would have not be in the picture to object?

I don't have much knowledge about the paperworks and process, since my husband is just the one doing all the paperwork, I'm positive he submitted death certificate together with all the other civil documents. He has some kind of checklist and paid affidavit of support for each of us, I saw all his email making follow up on my daughters case and also called NVC several times but they keep saying still under review.

Timeline

So both you and your daughter's files arrived at NVC at the same time (when?), but your daughter's is still there, whereas you got all the way to interview and approval? Did your husband ever ask for a second tier/ supervisor and ask what the review is about?

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

So both you and your daughter's files arrived at NVC at the same time (when?), but your daughter's is still there, whereas you got all the way to interview and approval? Did your husband ever ask for a second tier/ supervisor and ask what the review is about?

Yes it has been escalated to a supervisor, the representative said they will send email to the supervisor since it has passed the 6 weeks time frame they asked last time my husband called. Now they keep saying its still for review and not giving as anymore time frame on when it will be approved for interview or what ever the next step is. We are getting real impatient on this. What could be a reason?

Timeline

To be honest, I can't really think of anything, especially as your visa was approved with no issues.

Did they ask anything about your daughter at your interview?

Was there any overlap of relationships? Like, something that makes them think the father claimed on the birthcert may not be the father? Was your daughter's birth late registered- could they think she is not biologically yours maybe?

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

To be honest, I can't really think of anything, especially as your visa was approved with no issues.

Did they ask anything about your daughter at your interview?

Was there any overlap of relationships? Like, something that makes them think the father claimed on the birthcert may not be the father? Was your daughter's birth late registered- could they think she is not biologically yours maybe?

Nobody asked anything about my daughter during the interview, we have clean and legit papers and all supporting documents (marriage certificate with my first husband, his death certificate, all our birth certificate from NSO) I guess we just need to wait and pray that they finish their review as soon as possible. Thanks everyone...

To be honest im surprised you had everything without your child, from both a personal and non-personal point of view. There must be an issue with your child's case. Have YOU logged onto her account or called the NVC to see whats going on, or just your spouse?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

It happened to my daughter too . You will hear from them very soon ..that's what happen when it comes to children under 18 they have to be satisfied with all the evidence they have before they issue the interview.. even when you call them you will get nothing untill you get the email that her case is complete and will be ready for interview

Timeline

It happened to my daughter too . You will hear from them very soon ..that's what happen when it comes to children under 18 they have to be satisfied with all the evidence they have before they issue the interview.. even when you call them you will get nothing untill you get the email that her case is complete and will be ready for interview

Hey guys we got the email just now!! Waited for quite a while but finally interview scheduled is here now... So thankful and relieved. I guess we just have to be a little patient and never forget to pray. Thanks and good luck to everyone!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.