noonehere

F2B category issue!

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

nope, because as we keep saying the petition died when he got married, there is no petition to begin with, he can't fix it with a band aid

he is unmarried now, since he is divorced, his parents have to file for him again and it doesn't matter now if they are LPR or USC

the law is quite clear, if the parents are LPR the beneficiary can't get married until he or she enters the country

it's his fault, now he must suffer the consequences by starting over and not marry this time.

the marriage always has to take place after the LPR becomes a USC, the officer will check the date on his marriage certificate and the date of the parent's citizenship certificate

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

No because the case ended when the OP got married. Her petitioner becoming a US citizen does not make the case valid again.

Once the OP got married, the case died. You can't raise the dead.

:) you're funny haha

Edited by Jarin12345

I- 130 .... sent USCIS August 4, 2010 - Approved at NVC Jan 2011 received approval letter with case number and Id number

Welcome Letter..... Received Feb 23, 2016

Selected agent...Feb 25, 2016

Paid AOS and Visa Application fees.......Feb 26, 2016 

Submitted supporting doc......Mar 20, 2016 ( would have done sooner but had to wait on petitioners tax docs)

Case completed.....April 22, 2016 Received case complete letter April 27,2016

Received Interview Letter... Feb 3, 2017

Medical..... Feb 27,2017

Interview...Mar 20, 2017

Visa Issued....Mar 21, 2017

POE.............June 4, 2017

SSN............June 12,2017

Green Card: August 2017

Petition for hubby: Oct 2017

i-130....... Approved.Aug 9 2019

NVC ......Wecome letter Nov 4 2019

Submitted all docs and paid fees- Nov 29th 2019

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hello my both parents went to us in 2009 and my small brother as f2A since i was more than 23 years old i was applied to F2B

And mother petitioned F2B on 2010 and i got married after two months and finalized divorced in january 2015 and by american embassy the documents regarding petition were sent in august 2015 and i also submitted the marriage and divorce certifate and they were also APPROVED and i got a mail for interview, will i face any problem in interview. so am i eligible for F2B category or not will i get visa? My parents are still LPR but my small brother is a us CITIZEN

Lets see if there is any hope though i will go for interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Lets see if there is any hope though i will go for interview

IF he goes he most certainly will be denied and all those fees tossed to the wind. If they issue the visa when they shouldn't he has to spend his life hoping someone doesn't look at the file and catch the error , at which time he would be deported.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

• 8 months later...
Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
On 10/7/2016 at 6:11 PM, Jojo92122 said:

No because the case ended when the OP got married. Her petitioner becoming a US citizen does not make the case valid again.

Once the OP got married, the case died. You can't raise the dead.

Hi everyone

My mom has done the I-130 and we got WAC number, from what I have read up they then became citizens, should they update and let us is know?

will this speed up the priority date?

I am just trying to make sure, thank you 

• 1 year later...

My parents are filled a petition for me in 2012,  currently i have got an email from USCIS that go for CEAC and logon and payment the visa fee and upload files. in the main time i am married off in 2016 and my parents are citizen a few months back and again my parents in 2018 filled i 130 for me as i am married. they have given the notice and said your application on process. what shall i do now? shell i go through the previous case or what is the best solution for me please help me to solve this. 

Edited by 001

41 minutes ago, 001 said:

My parents are filled a petition for me in 2012,  currently i have got an email from USCIS that go for CEAC and logon and payment the visa fee and upload files. in the main time i am married off in 2016 and my parents are citizen a few months back and again my parents in 2018 filled i 130 for me as i am married. they have given the notice and said your application on process. what shall i do now? shell i go through the previous case or what is the best solution for me please help me to solve this. 

Nothing to do but wait. It is a long time for adult children of US citizens o immigrate to the US. It is close to 10 years before you can come over. You won't hear anything until 2025 (estimated).

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
53 minutes ago, 001 said:

You do not qualify for a visa in the F2b category since you are now married.  The only reason the case is still active is that you and the petitioner never properly notify the US Government to update the case.  You can not benefit from this petition since you got married while your petitioner was still a green card holder.

Since your parents recently got their US citizenship, you will have to wait until visas in the 2018 petition becomes available in 14-25 years.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.