JayJayH

A month from now, 50 million Americans will vote for Trump

124 posts in this topic

i always thought of tumblr as a gif-ier twitter. and i guess i'm self absorbed because i've never ventured into the realm of the tumblr women's plague or any sjw's realm really.

but it has to be just like the ol ####### tube, if you see something you don't like - change the channel.

Me being an old, I have nothing but the facebook. How do people find time for all these other venues of social media? When I go home at night and on the weekends I unplug as much as possible.

Me being an old, I have nothing but the facebook. How do people find time for all these other venues of social media? When I go home at night and on the weekends I unplug as much as possible.

i dunno, i don't spend much time on the tumblr, unless i decide to wade through a nsfw gif dump. :devil: always time for that.

What's a tumblr?

grumpy_old_men-461164.jpg

Tumblr? I don't call it tumblr anymore. I call it Tombenlr because it seems to be filled with kids obsessed with a certain celebrity by the name of Tom or Ben. And also it's popular for naughty images, emo-kids, and NSFWorVJ stuff. I don't know why anyone would use it as a judgment on SJW or feminists of any description. It's like saying Myspace is the Magna Carta.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

i always thought of tumblr as a gif-ier twitter. and i guess i'm self absorbed because i've never ventured into the realm of the tumblr women's plague or any sjw's realm really.

but it has to be just like the ol ####### tube, if you see something you don't like - change the channel.

It's pretty terrible.

The oppression faced by women on Tumblr would not bother me, had it not been for the fact that the victimhood culture spread into academia.

This is fairly well documented:

The Coddling of the American Mind (The Atlantic)

The Rise of Victimhood Culture (The Atlantic)

I'm a Liberal Professor, and my Liberal Students Terrify Me (Vox)

My Halloween Email Lead to a Campus Firestorm - And a Troubling Lesson About Self-Censorship (Washington Post)

Etc.

Etc.

It's pretty profound that in the recent decade, the absolute vast majority of disinvited speakers on college campuses have been disinvited by the left for their 'problematic views' on [issue x].

"The school [Hampshire College] revoked its request for the physician at Massachusetts General Hospital's to give a commencement speech due to students' claims that she could not "directly address student concerns" regarding racial issues and transphobia. Instead, Wong was replaced with activist Reina Gossett who was chosen “because her life and work engage the issues that have been raised by students around anti-blackness, transphobia, and sexual violence'"

http://www.businessinsider.com/list-of-disinvited-speakers-at-colleges-2016-7