TandD2016

I-129F October 2016 Filers (merged thread)

1,449 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone

NVC says "In transit" today

Can i set appointment for medical and interview yet? But we dont recieved any confirmation email from NVC or a hard copy of comfirmation.. is it possible to make an apoointment?? Please need i need your advice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone

Can i set appointment for medical and interview yet? But we dont recieved any confirmation email from NVC or a hard copy of comfirmation.. is it possible to make an apoointment?? Please need i need your advice.

It seems that each embassy is different. Would recommend waiting until you receive Packet 3 instructions, or ask in the country-specific forum.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone

If you have the case number from NVC (it should start with MNL), then you can set up your interview at anytime. We just went through this with our visa and it worked out perfect, by the time you get everything set up they will have your paperwork at the Embassy.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes i have our case number already but it says for me to make appointment for medical and interview i will be asked for the confirmation email from NVC and i dont have that.... can i make appointment for inyerview and medical online? Can you share with me the link? Thanks

Timeline

Yes i have our case number already but it says for me to make appointment for medical and interview i will be asked for the confirmation email from NVC and i dont have that.... can i make appointment for inyerview and medical online? Can you share with me the link? Thanks

http://visaconnection-philippines.com/index.php/2-visa-process/3-usem-k-1-visa

This explains it better then I can, just follow instructions.

Timeline

When you get the letter from NVC stating the MNL #, scan and email a copy to your fiancee to bring to St. Luke's. Or simply forward the emmail from NVC with the MNL # to your finacee. Or once you schedule the interview online and get the confirmation email from the embassy, bring copies of it to SLEC for the medical.

Make sure to print three copies of the interview confirmation letter/page (if you scheduled online) as you will need two for St. Luke's and the other for the embassy.

This a direct copy from this source.....just for reference for you

Timeline

Here is another link for you and other Filipino K1 visa applicants that you can follow and were very useful for me also.

http://dennyeyberg.wixsite.com/filipino-am-visa

Timeline

Excellent news, my fiancée's interview went perfect at the Manila Embassy, our Visa is approved! Should have it in her hands within 5-10 days! Yah!

Wow!

Sorry I'm late to the party here.

A big congrats to you both I'm sure you guys are super excited and relieved.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Don't forget her departure fee when the time comes it was about P1620 or so if they are still doing this. It was just the Philippine governments last chance to squeeze what they can from departing nationals.

They may not anymore but you should check or others can chime in if they are collecting this fee at the NAIA airport which is different from a terminal tax included in most international tickets.

Few years ago there were gals missing their flights to US as they did not have enough peso in their pockets because they did not know about the fee. Again hopefully this is no longer needed but better safe than....

Congrats again!

Jim.

10/29/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
10/31/16....Delivered at Dallas Lock Box - per USPS

11/02/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
11/03/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC
11/07/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/xx....NOA2 Text and Email

Timeline

We finally got APPROVAL update on app :joy: and now,more waiting LOL

10/25/2016 Hard copy date NOA1                                            09/12/2017  AOS paperwork mailed

11/25/2016 RFE  app update                                                      09/13/2017 AOS paperwork rcvd in Chicago

12/02/2016 RFE hard copy received                                          09/18/2017 AOS paperwork accepted

12/03/2016 RFE information mailed to Ca.Service Center    10/18/2017 AOS case status  Ready to schedule appointment

12/06/2016 App Case update RFE Information Received      11/17/2017 biometrics completed

12/21/2016 App case update Approved (57 days)                 1/8/2018  Interview completed but being reviewed

12/26/2017 NOA 2 hard copy received                                     1/11/2018   I 765 approved

1/03/2017  NVC received case                                                  1/19/2018  EAD/AP combo card received

1/04/2017  NVC issued case number                                       1/23/2018  AOS approved

1/05/2017  Case status changed to in transit                         1/27/2018 Card mailed     

1/10/2017  Case status set to Ready                                       10/23/2019 I 751 mailed to dallas

1/16/2017  Medical exam completed                                       09/24/2020 RFE received

1/18/2017  CFO completed                                                        10/28/2020  RFE info received

1/26/2017  Interview completed                                                11/10/2020 approved                                         

2/13/2017  Case status "ISSUED"                                               12/10.2020 10 year card received

2/17/2017  Visa in hand                                                               07/31/2021 N400 FILED ONLINE

2/24/2017  POE Chicago                                                              08/05/2021 interview scheduled

05/15/2017 Married 🙂

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congrats! Glad to hear you were able to resolve your RFE fairly quickly.

K1 visa journey: 107 days from NOA1 to visa in hand

Spoiler

01 Oct 2016    Mailed I-129F packet (27 pages)
12 Oct 2016    NOA1 SMS and e-mail
03 Nov 2016    NOA2 SMS

24 Jan 2017    Interview
27 Jan 2017    Visa in hand
09 Feb 2017    POE Philadelphia, PA

AOS journey: 256 days from NOA1 to GC in hand

Spoiler

06 Apr 2017    Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765 packet (83 pages)

12 Apr 2017    I-485/I-131/I-765 packet delivered

26 May 2017    Biometrics appointment

25 Aug 2017    EAD/AP card approved

07 Dec 2017    AOS interview

18 Dec 2017    Conditional (2 year) GC in hand!

ROC journey: 374 days

Spoiler

09 Sep 2019    Mailed ROC packet via USPS Priority Mail (ETA 11 Sep)

20 Sep 2019    NOA1/18-month extension letter received

23 Jan 2020    Biometrics appointment

17 Sep 2020    Case approved without interview

Citizenship journey

09 Sep 2020      Submitted N-400 online

10 Dec 2020      Received biometrics reuse notice

20 Apr 2021      Received interview notice

25 May 2021      Interview - RFE for marital evidence

26 May 2021      RFE response submitted online

Cumulative number of pages sent to USCIS: 632

Timeline

Wow!

Sorry I'm late to the party here.

A big congrats to you both I'm sure you guys are super excited and relieved.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Don't forget her departure fee when the time comes it was about P1620 or so if they are still doing this. It was just the Philippine governments last chance to squeeze what they can from departing nationals.

They may not anymore but you should check or others can chime in if they are collecting this fee at the NAIA airport which is different from a terminal tax included in most international tickets.

Few years ago there were gals missing their flights to US as they did not have enough peso in their pockets because they did not know about the fee. Again hopefully this is no longer needed but better safe than....

Congrats again!

Jim.

Thanks Jim, I'll be with her on the flight back and she mentioned something about that fee, they told her about it at the CFO seminar.

So it's still being taken.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Case status shows "Ready". Emailing embassy to figure out if the fees can be paid followed by setting up the interview.

10/24/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
10/25/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

10/27/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
10/28/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC
11/17/16....Online Status Update (RFE)

11/21/16....RFE hard copy received

11/22/16....RFE response mailed to CSC

11/23/16....RFE received by CSC

11/30/16....NOA2 approved - Case status changed USCIS App

12/16/16....NVC Case Status # Assigned (52 days)

12/21/16....Case Status is "Ready" at embassy

01/13/17....Interview - Approved (80 days)

02/18/17....POE Chicago ORD

Timeline

YES!!! :joy:

Apparently the employee who sent your RFE had not left for the year.

Most excellent.

Off to NVC.

Santa brought you an early gift.

Congratulations.

I bet your fiancee was so happy as well.

Jim

10/29/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
10/31/16....Delivered at Dallas Lock Box - per USPS

11/02/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
11/03/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC
11/07/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/xx....NOA2 Text and Email

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.